Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

KyoAni Award-Winning Novel Violet Evergarden Gets Anime Project

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by Vladnyx, May 27, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Kyoto Animation posted an animated commercial on Friday for author Kana Akatsuki and illustrator Akiko Takase's Violet Evergarden novel, and the ad ends with the announcement that an anime adaptation project is in the works. The video has English subtitles

The video's description lists its staff:
    Director/Storyboard: Taichi Ishidate
    Character Design/Animation Director: Akiko Takase
    Key Animators: Nami Iwasaki, Fumio Tada, Kohei Okamura, Shinpei Sawa, Nobuaki Maruki, Tatsuya Sato, Miku Kadowaki
    In-Between Animation Check: Hiroko Kuroda
    Color Design: Yūka Yoneda
    Special Effects: Rina Miura
    Background Art: Mikiko Watanabe
    3D Art: Joji Unoguchi
    Director of Digital Composite: Kōhei Funamoto
    3D Computer Graphics: Tetsuro Umetsu

Kyoto Animation has not confirmed if the staff for the commercial will return for the announced anime project that is in the works.
    [​IMG]
    Kyoto Animation describes the story:
    Auto Memories Doll.
    It's been quite a while since that name caused a fuss. Originally invented by Professor Orland solely for his beloved wife, Auto Memories Dolls eventually spread out into the world, and a machine that allows people to rent out the dolls was also created.

"I will run as fast as I can to wherever my customer desires. I am the Auto Memories Doll, Violet Evergarden."

A girl who almost appears to have popped out of a fairy tale with her blonde hair and blue eyes said this with her inorganic beauty and sweet voice.

KA Esuma Bunko published the first novel in Japan last December. (Note: the kanji used to indicate the novel's first volume is usually used when a novel has two volumes total.) The novel won the grand prize in the fifth Kyoto Animation Award program's novel category in 2014. The win marked the first time that any work won a grand prize in any of the contest's three categories (novel, scenario, and manga).

Kyoto Animation previously streamed a Comiket 89 video for the novel in January.

Previous honorable mention recipients in the contest's history that have been animated include: Chū-2 Byō Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Free! (originally known as High Speed!), and Kyōkai no Kanata.​

2. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    It looks like it will be really good!!!

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking that very same thing. I'll be keeping a eye on how it progresses for sure.

4. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    What kind of anime do you like and what are your favorite animes?

5. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    What kind... iv'e never actually given that any thought before. I do have favorites. One of my biggest being Detective Conan. Got so much of that series to catch up on it isn't funny. Even bigger fan of it's Magic Kaito 1412 which took place in Detective Conan. I'm a nut over the entire Fate/Stay series and own every series thus far on Blu-ray. Can't wait for the Fate Stay Heaven's Feel movies. Then of course got Black Lagoon. Bought that series twice because later they released a Collectors Edition set. Currently own all the manga of that as well. Kinda feel like I need a camera to take some pictures of my anime collection as I feel that might help. Still if I had to say what kinds of anime I like I'd go with Action, Suspense, Shounen, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mecha, Comedy (if it's handled correctly), Sports, Adventure, Crime, Drama, Horror, Slice of Life, and even Romance from time to time.

The kinds I don't typically watch a lot of are your seriously ecchi & harem types. Although lately iv'e begun watching more of those types and for the love of me I can't fathom why. Same holds true to Bishounen types. Awfully sorry couldn't be more decisive with giving a answer. Guess in general I have a overall love for almost all anime.

6. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you on ecchi and harem, I like Drama, Romance, S of L, Action, Historical, Comedy( Gag, Parody, Slapstick, and Black),as well as psychological(not horror), Music, and Sci Fi. My favorite animes are Clannad ( and After Story), Barakamon, Usagi Drop, School Rumble, Samurai X OVA's, Steins;Gate, Sword of The Stranger, BECK, SKET Dance, and Kids On The Slope.