Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kojima Productions Goes Indie

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by BaconMan8910, Dec 17, 2015.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    This week, Hideo Kojima, creator of the beloved Metal Gear series, formally announced his seperation from Konami, a company in which Kojima made his career and, in turn, made Konami the household name it is, today.

Along with his announcement was a reveal of the studio's new logo (pictured above) and a video detailing Kojima Productions' partnership with Sony and Playstation in order to create the studio's next game.

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," Kojima said, offering no details about the project. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

Personally, I'm glad to see Kojima break away from Konami, given the direction the company has taken. And I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

2. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Kojima's a big dude so I don't think it'll take much for his games to be a hit

Moreover...

Silent Hills had better be at least a thought to him or else I will never forgive this betrayal

3. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I just cant wait to see what happens in the next 5 years (est time till completion of IT) but I'm sure I will get IT what ever the next thing for Kojima is.
    (Note the first thing I though of after seeing the new logo was mother base, is that bad?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Nah. It reminded me of Militaires Sans Frontieres as well.