Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

King's Game Anime's Videos Preview 48 Characters

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The official website for King's Game The Animation, the television anime adaptation of Nobuaki Kanazawa's King's Game (Ōsama Game) cellphone novel, began streaming two character introduction promotional videos on Thursday. The videos introduce 48 characters in the anime and preview the voice acting.

Crunchyroll also streamed an English-subtitled version of the anime's long promotional video on Thursday. Crunchyroll will simulcast the anime.

[​IMG]
    The anime will premiere on October 5 on AT-X at 11:30 p.m., and will air later in the week on Tokyo MX and BS11.

Noriyoshi Sasaki (Ojisan to Marshmallow) is directing the anime at Seven. Kenji Konuta (Library War, Haitai Nanafa, Ace of Diamond) is in charge of series composition. Kan Soramoto (High School DxD, Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia animation director) and Yōsuke Itō (The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST, Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia animation director) are in charge of character designs, and Soramoto is also credited as the chief animation director.

coldrain (Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin) is performing the opening theme song "Feed the Fire."

The show stars:
    Mamoru Miyano as Nobuaki Kanazawa
    [​IMG]
    Yui Horie as Natsuko Honda
    [​IMG]
    M.A.O as Chiemi Honda
    [​IMG]
    Pile as Ria Iwamura
    [​IMG]
    Yusuke Sasaki as Kenta Akamatsu
    [​IMG]
    Shinnosuke Tachibana as Naoya Hashimoto
    [​IMG]
    Akari Uehara as Riona Matsumoto
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The original novel's story begins when an entire high school class of 32 people receive a message on their cellphones from a person known only as the "King." The messages contain orders that the students must obey, or they risk the punishment of death. With their lives on the line, the students soon find out that the orders are getting more and more extreme as time goes on.

Futabasha published the original cellphone novel in tankōbon format in 12 volumes from 2009 to 2015, and also in larger bunkoban format in the same number of volumes from 2011 to February 19 earlier this year. Futabasha is also releasing a new edition of the novels (seen left) with its Futabasha Junior Bunko label, with illustrations by Chiba. The seventh and latest volume in that re-release shipped on July 22.

The story has also inspired four manga adaptations. The first manga by Hitori Renda ran on Futabasha's Everystar Premium online service from 2011 to 2012, and received five volumes. The second manga by Renji Kuriyama, titled Ousama Game: Shūkyoku, ran on Everystar Premium from 2012 to 2014, and received four volumes. The third manga by J-ta Yamada, titled Ousama Game: Kigen, ran in Futabasha's Monthly Action magazine from 2014 to 2016, and received six volumes. Crunchyroll released chapters of the manga online under the title King's Game: Origin. The fourth manga, again by Kuriyama, is titled Ousama Game: Rinjō, and it ran from 2015 to last November. Futabasha published the manga's fourth and final volume last November.

The game inspired a live-action film adaptation that opened in Japan in December 2011. A smartphone social game adaptation and tie-in to the film was also released in November 2011.​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh well isn't that quite a large amount of characters, god I hope we get to see a majority of them die horribly on screen. 48 is ridiculously huge, but knowing that this is based around stupid actions or death it is understandable.
    I'm wondering how many of these characters we are going to remember as large cast anime are very hard to recall even a small portion. Anyone remember Mayoiga and the 20+ characters?

@Kaede the possibility for all this death, I am most definitely looking forward to this show come October.

3. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I don't think you have to hope for very much. Just from the official trailer... I think I was mentally scared. Thankfully none of us ever had to play this game. I think I'd be one of the first to go because I'd assume it was just a bad joke.

So anyway do you want to make a game of this? If so simply pick a number on how many you think will perish. Whoever comes closest wins. And yes for anyone else reading this your free to join in on the fun. I'm going to go with 40. And as for Mayoiga I can't remember any of the characters. ​