Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kill la Kill discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Kill la Kill

The story is set on a high school that the student council president Satsuki Kiryuuin rules by force. Wielding a giant Basami scissors sword, the wandering transfer student Ryuuko Matoi brings about upheaval on the campus. Ryuuko searches for the mysterious figure who caused her father's death, but confronting her are the student council's "four divine kings." Fortunately, Ryuuko is aided by a talking sailor uniform who tells her, "Wear me. When I am worn by you, this power will become manifest."

It is only a matter of time until this show's first episode airs, so until then look forward to it. From the creators of Gurren Lagann, this has to be good or at least be an out there kind of entertaining show

2. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I just hope they will make the story a little bit more interesting than Gurren Lagann. And please do not use mecha's in this one -_-

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I just hope they will make the story a little bit more interesting than Gurren Lagann. And please do not use mecha’s in this one -_-

Well I can't guarantee you'll like the story (Since I liked Gurren Lagann) but it's pretty obvious this isn't a mecha show. Just because this is from the same guys as Gurren Lagann doesn't mean it will have mecha after all. So you don't have to worry about that. However between the fact that it is from them and the previews it's pretty much a sure thing that we are going to see a lot of the over the top absurdity that defined Gurren Lagann.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    So I just watched the first episode.

It met my expectations.
    Holy shit, all that craziness.
    10/10 for 1st episode.

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I needed to refill myself since I was away for two months and since I watched the latest One Piece dub, the first Kyokai no Kanata and Kill la Kill I'll say this:

FEELING REFRESHED AND EXCITED

[​IMG]

Give the first episode 10/10 for some comedy and epicness

6. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    So the first episode was definitely awesome. Big fight almost right out of the gate and the action didn't stop their. And as I do with most things I watch, random screenshots:

7. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Kill la kill better be my kind of show.

I stopped after about 1 min because of the art. But I'm taking another run at it after i get comfy.

8. Dcmac Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That first episode... it's safe to say it met my expectations and even exceeded them. The story went at such a fast pace and everything was so over the top. I definitely liked this more than the first episode of Gurren Lagann.

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    OH.....MY....GOD! I knew this anime would be over the top but I think this madness makes Gurren Laggan look SUBTLE! How is that even possible? I'm not the biggest fan of the art style but it's not terrible either so I'll get used to it. Seriously I'm not sure where to even start with this. I guess first of all they started off the anime really well right from the first few minutes we learn so much. We see the discipline guy bust in to hunt down a spy and we get a quick intro to the Goku uniforms. Not only that but they show the different in power between one and three star by having the guy who stole a uniform not even hurt him. This is actually VERY good way to start off a series. Some series try to drag things out or bore you by explaining things through technical exposition. But this series didn't waste time with any of that instead it shows you what you need to know through action.

What are those weird star uniforms?We won't just tell you we'll have two guys fight while wearing them and mix a little bit of exposition in during the fight in the form of gloating. Everything else is carried out in a similar fashion of absolutely insane over the topness and exposition explained primarily through action rather than some guy just standing around and talking about it.

The MC is pretty fun to. She's strong, she's a badass, and she wields a scissor blade! The whole "I want revenge" is pretty standard and nothing unique about that so far but there is still plenty of time for them to do something interesting with that. The girl seems like your typical air headed comic relief but again still time to see what they do with her.

Finally this first episode did a good job of explaining and showing enough to where we aren't lost but held enough back to where we want to keep watching to learn the rest. The other thing I'll say about this show is it certainly feels unique. I didn't feel like it was trying to be anything else or cash in on anyone elses success.

10. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I could definitely feel massive amounts of GL energy coming from this, both in art, story, and animation style. I feel Ryuko could be the next Kamina. And IDC what that boxers move is called... its a fukken giga drill.
    Or something like that...

Anyway this was hilarious and well put together. I loved it.

http://i.imgur.com/eA1XBb6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vpE0woc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/4wdIsD8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/r5qwDvC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/WP6BVpw.jpg

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Here is a little fun

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Man this series met and surpassed my expectations in the first 5 seconds of the show, this is exactly the amount of craziness I wanted to see from them. I enjoyed that first episode that much that it really did just fly right by me, at the end of it it felt more like I had only been watching it for the length of one episode of teekyuu [so 2 minutes for everyone that doesn't know].

What the hell happened I'm not too sure about but it was definitely something interesting. The bouncing door, death of a student and hanging his naked corpse as a warning, super hyper chick that eats and falls asleep in class within 3 seconds, flashback of a murder, rape from a uniform, giga drill break, sexiness......
    The only thing missing was time for the characters to relax.

I wonder if the giant names are always going to flash up on screen whenever a character appears as they were doing it repeatedly in this episode, plus that school building looks awesome in the shape of uniform.
    3 star uniforms looked impressive when that enforcer guy allowed the one star to attack him, just what bloody level is this girls? If those amounts of flashes was her uniform it would seem to be level 7 or 8 but that surely can't be right can it? Do need more, I can't wait for Friday to come around again.

13. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Man this series met and surpassed my expectations in the first 5 seconds of the show, this is exactly the amount of craziness I wanted to see from them. I enjoyed that first episode that much that it really did just fly right by me, at the end of it it felt more like I had only been watching it for the length of one episode of teekyuu [so 2 minutes for everyone that doesn't know].What the hell happened I’m not too sure about but it was definitely something interesting. The bouncing door, death of a student and hanging his naked corpse as a warning, super hyper chick that eats and falls asleep in class within 3 seconds, flashback of a murder, rape from a uniform, giga drill break, sexiness……
    The only thing missing was time for the characters to relax.I wonder if the giant names are always going to flash up on screen whenever a character appears as they were doing it repeatedly in this episode, plus that school building looks awesome in the shape of uniform.
    3 star uniforms looked impressive when that enforcer guy allowed the one star to attack him, just what bloody level is this girls? If those amounts of flashes was her uniform it would seem to be level 7 or 8 but that surely can’t be right can it? Do need more, I can’t wait for Friday to come around again.
    Well judging by what happened at the end of the fight I'm guessing it's basically an infinite Star uniform that steals "Star power" from the uniforms (Like when it absorbed that red string). It probably had at least a one or two star level of power already in it and for the rest of the series she'll fight opponents and gaining "Star power" until she can fight the president or maybe she'll beat the president part way through and move on toe ven bigger threats.

14. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This is definitely one of about 6 anime that I'll enjoy the most of the 11 I've decided to watch

15. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can definitely tell that this anime was made by the same dudes as Gurren Laggan. Very good first episode. The style is kinda cartoon-y, but you can easily forget about that with all the craziness of it.

Also, she looked embarrassed to be wearing that outfit.

16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I have a headache and i'm dizzy after this. This really isn't my kind of show. I will keep watching, but i don't know if i'll finish it. Atleast Gurren Lagann had relaxing moments evry once in a while. A few positive things that i liked, cool main character and some really nice drawings (Keiichi made some great screenshots of a few moments i liked). But really, this is way over the top and this is probably gonna be way overrated just like Gurren Lagann in my eyes.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I have a headache and i’m dizzy after this. This really isn’t my kind of show. I will keep watching, but i don’t know if i’ll finish it. Atleast Gurren Lagann had relaxing moments evry once in a while. A few positive things that i liked, cool main character and some really nice drawings (Keiichi made some great screenshots of a few moments i liked). But really, this is way over the top and this is probably gonna be way overrated just like Gurren Lagann in my eyes.

I doubt they will have this same energy for the entire series. it's supposed to be 24 episodes long so at this speed they'd need at least a few hundred normal episodes worth of material. They probably just wanted to "Hit the ground running" with the first episode and not waste time with slow exposition and all that other stuff. So I'm sure they'll have breathing moments later on.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well second episodes out and the insane energy keeps up, although maybe not quite as much.

The ditzy girl can really take a beating huh, that many hits to the face and she still just continues talking like nothings wrong. And we have the creepy teacher go kamina mode, to then strip further and turn the scene into what looked like it was going to go down a H kind of path, yeah don't know whats up with this guy but he is definitely interesting.

And that tennis match, wow. I particularly like where the male students attention was focused, especially after the blonde had lost.....

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well second episodes out and the insane energy keeps up, although maybe not quite as much.

The ditzy girl can really take a beating huh, that many hits to the face and she still just continues talking like nothings wrong. And we have the creepy teacher go kamina mode, to then strip further and turn the scene into what looked like it was going to go down a H kind of path, yeah don’t know whats up with this guy but he is definitely interesting.

And that tennis match, wow. I particularly like where the male students attention was focused, especially after the blonde had lost…..

It's probably a good thing the energy was down a bit since the last episode. A show need to give time to let the audience and it's characters breath. You can't just be non stop action and energy all of the time. But at the same time you can't let things get too slow or things get boring. So far this show seems to be be easing into a good balance. It started the first episode off with an over whelming amount of energy and the second episode keeps the feel of that energy but gives a little time at the start to take things a bit easier. Once all of the basic character introductions are out of the way hopefully the show will maintain a good level of action without being too overwhelming and taking time to rest and let it's characters and plot develop properly.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Well 3rd episode was kinda good. Atleast this show seems to have an actual plot. Hopefully they don't go into full crazy mode like first episode anymore..