Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Kakurenbo

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Our 30th activity in The Midnight Channel and part of our marathon event. Among the ruins of the city, there is a game only children can play. It is called “Otokoyo”; a game of hide-and-seek. But whenever children play this game, one by one they would disappear into the blinds of the buildings… The story begins when a boy enters the world of Otokoyo, to find his missing sister.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm not in the club, but I feel like posting in topics so yeah partial thread intrusion.

Kakurenbo was an interesting little watch, for an OVA of 25 mins about demons and a game of life or death. I think the different style that the characters are designed in helped to increase the creepy factor of this OVA even though it still isn't that creepy at least to me. Watching the children cower in fear as their fate is yet to be determined is entertaining since some do show what I'd believe to be truthful to human nature, and anime with these types of scenes are a nice change to the otherwise bright or comedic plot lines.

My one problem with this OVA is the ending, it didn't exactly end as far as I was concerned with was it lighting the arena, and leaving it mostly open ended. In fact it could even continue with more games of Otokoyo, I'd watch it after all.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Feel free to post in these. The activity is in a club but the discussion isn't limited to only club members.