Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Important JustDubs Online and Our Plans For October

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    This is going to be a lengthy post. So I'll get straight to the point.

We are changing domain names and thus changing the site name and its branding. We're switching from Dubtopia to JustDubs Online. The URL will be http://justdubsonline.net although we have already purchased the .net, .org, .com, .info and .tv domain for domain security. There's a myriad of reasons behind this, I will try to be as straight forward and to the point as I can be with this.

• 1. The name Dubtopia is not helping us financially. It fails in terms of search engine optimization and revenue. There is a Dublin Ireland group and a Dubstep group by the same name that had established themselves years before.

Search engine optimization plays a huge role in how much money our site makes. Using the name 'JustDubs Online' has three viable terms to search.

JustDubs.net created a huge level of relevancy for the word 'Just' being used in search engine queries for dubbed anime. Because of that, the term alone is majorly searched when looking for dubbed anime.

The term Dubs is a must for obvious reasons as it helps put us at the top of search engine results. People search the term dub when looking for dubbed anime. It's as simple as that.

Online has also become a relateable term when searching for English dubbed anime. People search things like "watch Naruto Shippuden dubbed online" and having the term in our name will undoubtedly help in terms of SEO. Also, since there is a plagiarizing group that attempted to steal the name 'JustDubs' adding Online to the name was required as there is no available 'JustDubs' domains. At least not one that noey isn't charging 10k to purchase.

I could get into a good deal of detail about how SEO works and how using the new name would be more viable but I will let @sayWut detail all of that in his next report.

• 2. We're using the new name as an attempt to reclaim the JustDubs brand.
    The name JustDubs is ours. In all honestly, we as a community, made the site what it was and what it will forever be known as. There is a rival group attempting to steal traffic. They can not duplicate the site expierence. They can't even duplicate the amount of anime we have. With the following detailed reports from sayWut he will explain how we plan on beating out other sites in terms of relateable search engine results.

One of the foreseeable complaints is how another site has tried to replicate our image. But we are the original, we are the ones who made this site what it is known as today. And nobody will stop us from obtaining our former glory.

I was never for abandoning the name JustDubs. Now that we're taking necessary precautions to preserve our longevity, switching back to our old name won't be a problem in terms of legality issues.

Some of the asked questions when the idea was posed to staff.

Q. Will the color scheme change back to the original JD colors?
    A. No, we will keep our current color scheme on the site.

Q. What will happen to our FB page?
    A. There is an option to merge two FB pages. If this doesn't work, we'll continue using the DT FB page until the JDO FB page has an equal amount of likes.

Q. What will happen to the DT and DTR domains?
    A. They will direct you to a static HTML page which will inform everyone of the new URL and the reason we changed.

Q. Will we have to reclaim our accounts again?
    A. No, we are only changing domain names so the only thing that will change is the URL. All accounts will remain 100% intact.

Q. Will we have a mobile theme?
    A. Yes, we will have a mobile responsive theme for the new site.

Feedback is much appreciated. I'm open to suggestions and opinions, just realize that the decision is final and will be taking place sometime during October. The date will be announced at a later time.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    So this is what that big teaser was about?

Honestly I had grown used to DT and it will be weird going back to JD especially with a few copycats that we'll now have to deal with which we didn't really have before.

But as long as this won't cause any legal issues I'm fine with it.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I hope the copycats aren't actually your only concern with this.

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    No but like I said as long as we don't run into any legal trouble or become targets of takedowns or something then it's fine and I'm assuming you guys are taking stuff like that into account. After all running a site can be costly and if DT just isn't pulling in the revinue then clearly we need to change something. But that note is why I'm somewhat worried about copycats as even if we switch to a better name those guys will still leach away a portion of our traffic as since low traffic issues is a big reason for this change people stealing our traffic is a fairly significant issue.

I guess we could try sending "agents" over there to make any users aware the real JD is back to it's old name.

5. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    The problem with doing if they get caught its gonna open another can of worms and possibly start an all out war between the sites. There was already a situation not long ago. If we start going into their site and causing problems for them they will do so in return. If things get too bad it could result in a repeat of what happened to JD. Feuding with another site will only throw up red flags to those that shut the sites down, I dont think we want to do anything to draw negative attention to the site. some members will eventually find their way back (I have seen a lot of people returning and about 2-3 new people on the site in the past week. Going in their site, if they are as good as the staff we have here, they will most likely get caught.

6. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    okay i have two questions: will we have to resign and re-do accounts in like we did when we switched from DTR to straight DT? And whats the estimated down time for the switch?

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, their community is nonexistent. There's literally nobody present that doesn't already know about us.

The forum will remain as is. No reclaiming accounts. The only reason we did that recently is because we switched servers.

Downtime will be minimal. I won't give specifics just yet but it's estimated to only be 1 day of downtime.

8. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Ill be posting the report later on today(s)

But we all need to keep in mind, this is 2014, anime streaming sites back in the 2000s to late 2000s were not as widespread as they are at present. Hundreds of anime sites now pop up all over the web. All now aiming with targeted URl addresses, (to draw in user search results) take a look around at all the other naime streaming sites.

This is the whole reason search engine optimization has become so crucial in today's website growth and user development, and Continued growth. Empathises on the word continued!
    And as spor said "Dubtopia" this url was actually part of a dubstep.

Here have a food analogy
    It’s essentially like cooking a meal at restaurant yet only using some of the needed ingredients to make that “dish” the best meal, and become the best restaurant around, but if you only use some of the ingredients, that meal won’t become better, it won’t make your restaurant more popular, and that said restaurant will fade away with the other closing restaurants because you unsuccessful failed all to make use the ingredients that were essential to expand and grow that dish, thus the competing restaurants took you out.

A websites structure is crucial, now more than ever, all the, title tags , h1, h2 (header tags) (in content <p> (to reiterate keywords) site map(alts, hrefs etc) , where links are displayed, the content that the site uses, how much and where that content is. Google ( other search engines) looses interest in content past halfway of the page), what” keywords” are displayed on that content, and how that content is relevant to all the other content around the site, such as the URl, the h1, h2 (headers) alt tags, hrefs. Al this is now what a search engine looks for, this is what builds ranking and increases growth. Furthermore, the first thing a search engine will look at , is in fact the site URL

[​IMG]

, this is the core ingredient , this URL, will be crosschecked multiple times, it will be checked to see if any of those key(words) are use on the site, the tags, the content all of it. This is what builds relevance, and relevance builds consistency. This is what we are looking for, users aren't typing in this sites URL to find anime. (Yes we are a community as well as a streaming site). Justdubs(online), is a brand name and a good one at that, it’s a name we can build upon, a name which we can once again use to continue to grow.

Sticking with dubtopia, just is NOT a searchable term, it’s neither a recognizable term, nor a term that ads any sort of relevancy towards the site, or when a user searches for their anime needs.
    Brand name is important, you wont find this site by googling its name on any search engine, not the first page that's for sure. This is why other anime sites are on the number 1 pages, they have there brand name, they have there relevancy.

There is a hell of a lot more to this. When I release the report showing what’s actually being searched it will be easy to comprehend. When the switch does happen ill most likely be doing the SEO stuff on my own, though I’ve made an SEO guideline for any web devs to follow (this is because the guideline is based on reports of other sites to out beat there SEO , it’s not just simply adding in , keywords in all the sites code and “hopping for the best” SEO relies heavily on research of competitors.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    This site changes names more often then Metta World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest, will soon be known as The Pandas Friend

10. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Hey there ain't nothing wrong with pandas :p

11. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a problem with this at all. DT runs on money, not hopes and dreams, so whatever will help that is fine by me. (Also that sounded really bad I did not mean for it to sound bad.)

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well I know their forums are dead but I wasn't sure about their site traffic.

13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I, like everyone else, had little say when the name changed to Dubtopia. Rest assured that this will be the final time we change names.

Their site traffic is a different story. They essentially picked up where we left off, they have good traffic because of all the hard work this community put into the site. It's only a matter of time once the name changes. We have more anime than they do and a stronger, larger community. The new name will help everyone realize the original site is back in action.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That whole matter still pisses me off.

Maybe we could hack their site after the name change and redirect all traffic to us. JK;)

15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    lol. I know you were joking but in all honestly I'm done being petty about the whole thing. Once people realize the original site is back under a similar name they can choose for themselves who they want to use. All we can do is properly advertise and remain informative about who we are.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    True. But just a little "Advertising" on their forum and facebook page might not hurt.:p

17. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    at least they changed their look and got rid of Kami so this place should be no problem

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I do have to give them credit for eventually not stealing out look. Although they only did it AFTER they had gotten all the use they could out of our image. So they are still scum.

19. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    learning that we are going to use those domains again..

[​IMG]

20. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Funny how this thread turn into a discussion about them instead of us. I welcome this change to bring in more traffic for myself and the other content workers hard work.

• Like Like x 1