Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

JDO Field Trip: Takakanonuma Greenland Amusement Park

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by BK-201, Oct 18, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    What makes this abandoned amusement park so frightening is the amount of mystery that surrounds it. It’s literally surrounded in a thick cloud of mist that swallows the park entirely, making it the ideal location for anyone with a Halloween mask to scare the living crap out of anyone foolish enough to set foot in that place.

[​IMG]
    If you ever want to visit this place, I’ll just wait in the car…

[​IMG]
    Disney Land meets Silent Hill in this twisted place

Built in 1973, the park’s first attempt at bringing fun family entertainment lasted only two years. While never officially confirmed, it was rumoured to be closed due to a number of mysterious death’s inside the park. Perhaps the park was repaired, or maybe it was long enough for people to forget the bizarre freak accidents, but the park reopened in 1986. This time it only stayed open for a single year, again mysterious death’s were rumoured to be the cause.

Today, the sprawling hills and trees of the surrounding forests seem to have taken over the park, and its grounds are littered with the remnants of a failed run as a theme park. Roller coasters are still in place and their tracks sweep through the evergreens, but no one has been here for over a decade. Although adventurous travellers or Horror movie directors- may be tempted to seek out this Disney Land from hell, the recent nuclear meltdown at Fukushima keeps a prohibitive level of radiation in the area.

Of course the lethal freak accidents are just rumours, but think about what that park must have cost? There has to be a pretty damn good reason to just pack up and leave it totally abandoned like that, right? What’s also very creepy is that there is no official information about the place… at all. It’s not on any map…almost like it never existed. A whole amusement park vanishing, without David Copperfiel around, now that is plenty of reason for concern…

[​IMG]
    People left in a hurry…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: bizarbin.com

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Sounds like a fun amusement park @BK-201, I love seeing pictures from abandoned locations like these since there is just something mystical about them. Kind of disappointed that there weren't more pictures but I still can enjoy it regardless.

3. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    More pics added :)

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @BK-201 Sweet, now that is more like it. Seeing a few more of the attractions gives it more of a vibe. That contrast between the weeds in the flying chairs one compared to the haunted mansion, there must certainly still be evil lurking within that place if even weeds don't go near it.
    I definitely like the sound of it not being on any map, so who wants to take a trip? I know a fun place which is famous for not having lines among other things....

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @BK-201 I love your avatar setup. It's making me moist.

6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    huh?

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Y-o-u-r a-v-a-t-a-r s-e-t-u-p

8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I can't get enough of stuff like this. It's like going back in time. Allegedly, Takakanonuma Greenland was demolished in 2006, and now sits as an empty lot. However, in 2007, a citizen of the United Kingdom named Bill Edwards claimed to have visited an untouched, completely intact park. Supposedly, he took numerous pictures that were identical to those taken before the park’s supposed demolition, showing the same rusty, forgotten rides. Ya I would call this one a mystery all right. Be this park closed due to park related deaths or poor ticket sales an lack of needed renovations is anyone guess. This is one of the rumored pictures he took of what appears to be a young ghost like girl looking back at him.

[​IMG]

9. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Thanks