Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

JDO Field Trip: Sanrio Puroland

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by BK-201, Nov 16, 2014.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    With the growing worldwide appeal of Hello Kitty and her iconically illustrated pack of animal friends it is no wonder that the Sanrio characters even have their own insanely elaborate theme park.

[​IMG]

Built in 1990, Sanrio Puroland is any Sanrio fan's dream. Not unlike Disneylands across the globe (including the one in Japan), the bright, loud, and eye-poppingly ornate theme park allows visitors to mix and mingle with their favorite super-deformed animals, not just Hello Kitty. They can visit Badtz Maru the penguin's cave, Kerroppi the frog's pond, or even Hello Kitty's own house in which everything is shaped like her head. The effect of walking through a blaring candy-colored cartoon is broken only by the live stage shows and fireworks around each turn. All of which is presented in a distinctly over-the-top and uniquely Japanese style. Of course there are also rides, such as the innocuously named "Sanrio Character Boat Ride," which is near identical to the It's A Small World ride at California's Disneyland, simply seen through a hyperactive pastel lens.

Despite the similarities to Mickey Mouse's various wonderlands, Puroland is still unique among theme parks in its singular devotion to saccharine cuteness. Most people are well aware of Hello Kitty's influence around the world, but again, much like Disneyland opened visitors' eyes to their vast world of marketable Western animation beyond their iconic mouse, Puroland proves that Sanrio has just as deep a bench if you can handle the sweetness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: Atlas Obscura

http://justdubsonline.net/dubtopia-field-trip/sanrio-puroland

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    God damn, I wouldn't be able to step foot in such a place. I think even trying to enter the premises would kill me judging from all those bright colours and the presumed cuteness of the creatures. I need a bit more realistic place to visit without as many animal mascots, I might just go look at pictures of temples to help me recover, knowing the history behind some of those aught to heal me.

Although this one part catches my attention the most
    I never knew that Hello Kitty was a narcissist. I wonder how weird it'd be to sit on yourself?
    [​IMG]