Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our site at justdubs.org is temporarily down while we work on our new site. Join us on Discord if you have any questions: CLICK HERE TO JOIN DISCORD
    Dismiss Notice

Jan Discord Monthly Chat

Discussion in 'Contests, Events & Activities' started by GOB, Oct 19, 2020.

1. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello World! I am the newest staff member here, GOB. I want to invite everyone to join in on the October 24th World Wide Chat. This month we are going to try for a 24 hour long session. It will start at 9:00 pm EST (21:00) on October 23rd and run until 12:01 am the 25th. I know that's more than 24, but we're helping out a few that can't make it on Saturday. Last month the chat went on for 17.5 hours. This month there will be a couple of games to play in both the Lounge and in the jan-monthly-game channels. We will be doing both voice and text chat, so don't be mic shy, talk to us! We don't mind accents. I'll be on voice through out the chat as well as The Shed Meister and several others. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

2. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  3. shedninja the sites biggest bug Content Manager

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Haha the longest chat as yet

4. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you guys are doing Among Us games I'll try to participate as well.

Just a couple of things. I'm not that great at the game. Especially as imposter. Sorry?

Also for whatever reason my laptop seems to only be able to handle playing it for about 3-ish hours before it decides to just shut off by itself with no warning whatsoever. So that's the limit I can play on both Saturday and Sunday. Sorry but I don't want to risk this causing my laptop to become unusable because I'm not exactly in the mood to go searching for another one.

5. shedninja the sites biggest bug Content Manager

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    its fri sat and maybe sun

6. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I'm super busy all day on Fridays :(

7. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello world!! It's that time again. The World Wide JAN Chat on JAN Discord! As like last time, there are 2 channels for anyone that wants to play a group game. The chat will start at 8am/est Nov 28th and will go on for however long it goes on. Maybe if there is any interest in it, we might, MIGHT, consider doing a 48 hour chat in April or May, I'll set up a survey thread here and on Discord. Looking forward to hearing, and reading, from everyone.

Well, I can't really set up a survey, so just add your yes or no.

#7 GOB, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  8. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello World!!! December's World Wide Chat is going to be on Thursday, the 31st. Now, if everyone in every time zone cooperates, we can celebrate New Years 12 times!! (I think I counted right, correct me if it's wrong) And please, sign up for the Secret Santa event going on. You can gift anything (within reason) like a pretty picture, a poem, a story or DM the Admins about gift cards and JAN merchandise. Let's have a really nice turn out on it.

Last months chat went on for around 19 hours and some of you got to hear me talk my older son thru changing a tire on his Jeep. I forgot to mute my mic, oh well. A few people chimed in when I put up a picture of the bad tire.

#8 GOB, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  9. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello World!! It's reminder time again. This month's World Wide Chat is going to be on December 31st. Start time will be 4pm EST (17:00) and run till when ever. I think we have members in 12 different time zones, so we could possibly celebrate 12 times!! Join us for this year ending event. Hell, get your family in on it. More people, more fun!

10. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello World!! Next week is the World Wide Chat! Grab your beverages and snacks and join in on the year ending chat fest. There's games being lined up right now, and we're taking suggestions so look for a poll coming soon.

11. shedninja the sites biggest bug Content Manager

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    i here that the big man spor might pay us a visit as well

12. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The World Wide Chat is tomorrow!!

13. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i live in the future, is it my now which is your tomorrow or my tomorrow?

14. shedninja the sites biggest bug Content Manager

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    07:32 am EST Dec 31 2020

We're live now

15. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello World!! This month's World Wide Chat on Discord is going to be on January 30th starting when either Shed or I get up that morning.(usually from 04:00-07:00 EST) The game will be in the game channel only, NO exceptions. This is from the Boss: "Sporadic01/06/2021 Yeah let's try and keep them separate". There were complaints about last month's chat being taken over by the game, several left. Let's make this chat a more enjoyable one for all. I would like the Ausies to join in this time, too. And Noobs, get a mic!

16. GOB Content Manager

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello world!! This month's World Wide Chat is going to be on the 27th. We'll try to do the early start thing again on the 26th at 9:00pm EST (21:00). If your not sure of the time zone, here's a clickable time zone map to help. http://www.jgiesen.de/astro/astroJS/timezone/index.htm Just click on where your region is and the correct current time will pop up.