Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

J.J. Abrams has produced a new Cloverfield movie - now with added trailer and poster!

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jan 18, 2016.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    J.J. Abrams has produced a new Cloverfield movie - now with added trailer and poster!

Well this one came out of nowhere. Last April we reported that Star Wars: The Force Awakens' director J.J. Abrams was producing a psychological thriller called Valencia. Dan Trachtenberg, who'd made a splash with his videogame-inspired short film Portal: No Escape, was the director. It now turns out that Valencia was just a placeholder title, with those scamps at Abrams' Bad Robot pulling the wool over our eyes. The film's real title is 10 Cloverfield Lane. Update: and the trailer is now officially online, courtesy of studio Paramount.

Rather than a sequel to Matt Reeves' 2008 found-footage monster movie, Abrams tells Collider that the new film is "a blood relative to Cloverfield". He says the idea has been percolating for some time, and that, with typical secrecy, he wanted to hold back the real title for as long as possible.

[​IMG]

Back last year, we were told that the scenario involved a teenage girl awakening in a cellar after a car crash to discover from a strange caretaker that society has been devastated by nuclear attack. Clearly the details of that cataclysm are now rather more specific, although the extent to which young Clover will have a bearing on the new proceedings remains to be seen. Sounds like he's more of a context for a completely different story (in much the same way, incidentally, that Portal spun off from Half Life 2).

The story's girl is Mary Elizabeth Winstead, with John Goodman the Caretaker, and John Gallagher Jr. also present in the basement. The script is the work of Dan Casey, who reshaped an earlier draft by Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken. 10 Cloverfield Lane is out in the US on March 11 before arriving on these shores on April 8.

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well this certainly piqued my interest. I want to know what she saw when she looked out the door's window. So I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for the movie. I like JJ Abrams work, so it will at least be an interesting movie even if it's not the genre I'm keen on.