Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Is Fate/Zero best Fate series?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Ovyda, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Fate series franchise is huge, literally huge. There are many games, different anime series, anime movie, etc. Even right now another Fate series have started airing and the other one was announced to receive anime adaption. Seems like there are no end to them...

Most people say Fate/Zero is the best one out of them. I have to agree on this... Gen Urobuchi can make anything into something great. The story was amusing and included lots of action in good combination with some mind games/psychological aspects. The animation and special effects were brilliant, truly brilliant. The soundtrack was good too...

So is F/Z best Fate series in your opinion as well?

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I would agree that Fate/Zero is the best of the franchise. I really feel the Holy Grail war is best explained in Zero, including history and personal motivations. The characters have more depth in personality and back story. Caster is a horrible villain that evokes revolt in the watcher. The action sequences are superb.

3. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to agree as well, compared to the other anime series this one felt the most solid. The story was built better and characters were fleshed out a lot more. Coming from an aesthetics point of view, the animation to almost everyone scene was spot on and beautifully fluid. Everything synced together wonderfully and the OST was another great addition to the already great package.

4. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I would agree that Fate/Zero is the best of the franchise. I really feel the Holy Grail war is best explained in Zero, including history and personal motivations. The characters have more depth in personality and back story. Caster is a horrible villain that evokes revolt in the watcher. The action sequences are superb.

Pretty much. The only thing that left a taste in my eyes was how it mostly focused on Caster and seemed to rap up the rest of the show just as quickly. I dont completely hate it, but a lot could have been used to show more, say with Lancer, Zerker, and even Rider.

5. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I understand about Lancer and Berserker...but Rider? he did get decent time compared to the other two.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't stomach Fate/Stay Night for more than a few episodes. It was just really boring, didn't care about the main character or the plot progressions so I ended up putting it on hold. F/Z on the other hand was magnificent. I watched it while it was airing and absolutely enjoyed everything about it.

7. Kusanagi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A bit late here.  For me, the Heaven's Feel route (not animated) of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel is tied with if not better than Fate/Zero.  You don't get the despair and Urobutchering like in F/Z, but the themes are pulled off wonderfully, the characters and their relationships are fully fleshed out, the stakes are raised and shit gets real, Shirou stops being a pansy, and there is a lot of serious badassery.  And there's sex.  Lots of sex.

8. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Heaven's Feel is being made now actually.

9. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    A bit late here. For me, the Heaven’s Feel route (not animated) of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel is tied with if not better than Fate/Zero. You don’t get the despair and Urobutchering like in F/Z, but the themes are pulled off wonderfully, the characters and their relationships are fully fleshed out, the stakes are raised and shit gets real, Shirou stops being a pansy, and there is a lot of serious badassery. And there’s sex. Lots of sex.

i have to totally agree, i LOVE FSN, but once i saw UBW, i was even more amazing, then, heavens feel, #1 across the board, i hope (if the above post is true) its a series, and not a movie that shortens it way to much like the UBW did (only drawback)

Fate zero is good becsue its original, no base story (that i know of) so they could flesh out a bit.

but still, heavens feel, dem fight scenes, hell yea

10. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I've read some of the VN for FSN but never finished it. While I didn't care for the anime too much I fucking love Fate/Zero. It might be one of the best anime's I've seen in a while

11. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I’ve read some of the VN for FSN but never finished it. While I didn’t care for the anime too much I fucking love Fate/Zero. It might be one of the best anime’s I’ve seen in a while

finish it, if i could give you my old save so you would play the HF route, i would, but its gone now. HF flips the ENTIRE thing on its head after...i think 2 choices

12. Kusanagi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, I didn't think people would actually reply to my post! lol

Heaven’s Feel is being made now actually.

I don't think it has been confirmed to be Heaven's Feel yet.  Urobochi said in an interview he heard it's an Unlimited Blade Works remake, but he's not involved with it and doesn't know much about it so that'd only be a word-of-mouth rumor.

Heizengard wrote:
    I’ve read some of the VN for FSN but never finished it. While I didn’t care for the anime too much I fucking love Fate/Zero. It might be one of the best anime’s I’ve seen in a while
    finish it, if i could give you my old save so you would play the HF route, i would, but its gone now. HF flips the ENTIRE thing on its head after…i think 2 choices

Here's a save file.  It actually has everything, so if someone wants to use it you'll have to step around carefully.  I just recommend skipping the Fate route entirely and probably going to Unlimited Blade Works if you haven't seen the movie.  UBW can be accessed if you stop Saber from hitting Archer shortly after she appears, and Heaven's Feel is accessed by choosing all the Sakura-based choices in the beginning (note that you will not be given the choice for UBW if you choose all the Sakura choices).  HF starts a lot like Fate, but if you see Matou Zouken (old guy) before Saber appears then you're in HF.

HF doesn't actually get serious for a while.  Relative to the entire route it's about 1/3 or 1/4 of the way through, but that's still pretty long.

13. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    GJ kusanagi on the HF save, people really do need to watch that especially if they saw Zero, as sakuras fate in Zero is TOTALLY IGNORED in the first 2 paths