Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Important Inactive Groups Report

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Per our sites regulations, groups with minimal activity of only a few posts within six months are subject for review pending possible deletion. During this time I will make at least two attempts to contact the group admins / moderators concerning this issue. One by making a public thread so even the club's members have a chance to jump-start activity themselves. And another by PM to any leader / moderator as a last attempt to get the club active again.

@MrLincecum has brought the follow clubs to my attention in the following report he made. I have added a bit here and there where needed.

AMV Editors Club - 2, maybe 3 posts in last 6 months - @sayWut

Anime Art Club - Although there have been posts in early June, there is very little actual activity - @Vishal09x

Asylum Game Guild - 2 posts in last 6 months. Club also has no members aside from its creator and groups admin - @Metazoxan

Cosplay Lovers Club - About 9 posts in last 6 months. Generally Inactive - Unknown/missing leader

Customization Club - Generally Inactive/Inactive leader - @Jaysp656

Designer's Club - 7 posts in last 6 months - @Crazy Potato

Light Music Club - 3 posts in last 6 months - @Nonononoki

League of Legends Club - Not really "inactive" as there have been some *sporadic* posts, but I'm concerned over the lack of events scheduled and an inactive club leader - @Severus

Sense of Freedom Writers Club - Little activity as of the past 6 months, although effort has been shown to try and increase activity. - @RodRule

Touhou Group - Almost no activity since it's inception - Unknown/missing leader

Visual Novel Fans - Very *sporadic* activity over past 6 months, albeit little activity overall. Very few recent posts - Unknown/missing leader

Clubs seeking future review: Comic Book Club.

*It also should be noted that the Cosplay Lovers Club, Touhou Group and Visual Novel Fans clubs have unknown or missing leaders or people running the clubs in general.

These may not all be 100% inactive, but the lack of activity is still concerning. If you wish to contest this notice please post here. Otherwise, this notice is to inform members of these clubs that if activity does not pickup the clubs will be deleted and their threads moved into the appropriate general forum sections.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Well I'd like to make the game guild more active but no one seems too interested. If anyone is interested let me know and we can try something but if no one on this site wants to join in I guess it will just have to die.

3. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    As for the sense of freedom writers club, I'm thinking of trying the idea I suggested about a Dubtopia mad libs game. It couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

4. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion to some of the clubs, Some seem similar to others.
    Like the League and the Gamers club those two could probably be combined

same with the anime art, designers, customization club. why not create just an "art club" that includes all those in one? The owners of each said club could just create a thread in the 'art club' and go from there.
    It would reduce the amount of clubs there are, by placing them in proper categories, several of the clubs are similar to others and I think some could probably be combined into one. Especially since there are several that are inactive or have little to no activity in them. Making one catigory for multiple clubs of similarity will help increase the posts and we wont have so many inactive clubs in the forum. I know in JD things were a bit strict and I think there were only a few clubs as apposed to the amount of clubs we have now (which is a lot) . Also if i remember correctly weren't clubs monitored for a certain amount of time once it was created to see if it kicked off, and if it didn't (I think within 30 days) it was moved? cause it wasnt considered a club. I know for the RP one I had to give and explanation as to why I was creating it and think I was told if it didn't get replies or remained active it would be moved. Sadly my club was created the same month JD went down and due to the move I lost a lot of RPers. Now that we are here I have gotten back in touch and gained new members, it took some time and some work (and help from other members and staff) but now we are up and going.

The advice I can give to the owners of the clubs is, if you want it to succeed, you have to put an effort to get it going, reach out to the community to get them to join. Chat with members in the chat, look out for those who might possibly have something in common with your club. Communitcate with the community. I tracked down a lot of my RPers by checking the new members thread where several have posted they were RPers. I sent them a PM inviting them to the RP club , several which have joined and still with us. Best of luck and if I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask :)

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I've given similar thought to this as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    Well, the Light Music Club has become even more inactive since server migration and lack of musicians in the DT community. I guess the club has to die unless some people would join and revive it once again.

7. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have been putting in thought about how to kick start Sense of Freedom Writers Club and try and get more activity in it I will be working on some stuff ovee the next day or two.

Also @Nonononoki I'm probably gonna have to do some form of *music/instrument* through my school so I might join. Though I won't actually know for two days.

8. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I agree with combining the clubs to be honest. Like, anything that is a video game, even if it is played on the PC should be encompassed into one group. It's quite difficult to kick start events with the video game club at the moment, I am finding. This is purely because, I don't have much time myself/I live in a different country to every member in the group. So I can't actually organise anything to be in the same time zone. There is hardly even anyone from Europe either. So for me it makes it more difficult to find a time when I would be available at the same time as someone from another country. I know we are trying to appeal to more Brits :p The question is is how do we attract people to this site, rather than the mainstream ones for a video game club?

9. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I agree the this, also
    I'm not the leader of this club. I'm just apart of it. I must of been made leader when the switch was made.

10. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    You might have been deemed leader for trying to create a skype group for league players, would make sense tho.
    By combining the groups I think it'll allow more posts per category thus preventing clubs from going dead and eliminating the amount of clubs we have with similar to the same aspect. I know Spor posts the clubs on FB and twitter to try to get more involved but that only does so much. Severus if your looking to create a skype for league players I can help with that just pm me i have a few ideas that might help some :).. as for the Music group I know a few people that are guitar players I might see if they want to join the music club. Ill see what I can do on my part to help you all out ;)

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it was Kusa before, I was just mentioning you cause you were the only moderator in there.

How about this? I'll give all of the clubs in question one more month to pick up activity. If in that time activity remains slugish or nonexistent then we will be deleting or merging some of the clubs.

12. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like a good idea to me. :)

13. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    I think the "Amv editors clubs " should well ya know have extra time, i mean it takes ages to make an amv, then theirs general procrastination.
    Ill try and get some editors to join , but amvers (good) amvers are a rare breed.

14. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @sayWut Ya'll need to stop procrastinating.... And I'll get back to you with the rest of my advice at some other point... <_<
    >_>
    >_<

• Like Like x 2
  15. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president Moderator Community Relations Content Manager

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -0
    Darn and people say I crack the whip :p lol

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'll let you get extra time with this club only because we focus a lot of community aspects around AMVs now.

17. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for deleting the Designers' Club not much going on hardly anyone makes graphical stuff anymore and I do have my Shop (that I need to get back to but I got things going on Sorry guys!) so by all means delete it. I do like the idea of an all in one Art Club!

18. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    we can go ahead and merge league now. I dont think we have enough people to start anything.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I'll do all the merging and deleting at the same time.

I'll give one week from this day. 1 month seems too long. At that point it will be clear if an attempt has been made since this was originally posted on the 22nd.

#19 Sporadic, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  20. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Im starting to message my subbers and add links to the site on YT .. to maybe gain an amv editor or two!
    I will reignite the amv editors club!