Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Metazoxan, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    WHHHHHHYYYYYYY! Oh GOD WHY!!!!

That ending was so horrible! It made no sense and I had to search online for answers as to what the hell happened in volume 13!

I still don't get it but
    Everyone dies.... starting with Junko who dies in acid rain and then the rest go. Akuto marries Junko, Fujiko, and Yoshie in the after life but Akuto gets bored of eternity and decides to create various worlds to find a way to let everyone live. In the end he takes everyone souls and with Keena go somewhere apparently and Hiroshi is left behind to become the new Law of Identity.

We don't know where the characters end up or what sort of lives they lead or if they even remember eachother after they arrived wherever.

It was all going great with Akuto defeating various foes and slowly changing the world as he did but it all just gets thrown at the window making the first 10 volumes pointless as it all basically got erased anyway. I am so mad right now about this ending. It was at an evangelion level of mind fuck and did a 180 with it's tone. But unlike that series this one was really going in a great direction until the last volume or two and it didn't gain a cult following for it's mind fuck ending. I just pissed most readers off.

The manga has a better (although still a cliff hanger in a different sense) ending but it ends much earlier so a lot of LN events that I liked aren't in the manga. So it's really depressing.

Did anyone else read this series up to it's horrible end?

2. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The anime was enough for me...

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    But the anime just kind of dropped the story without any real resolution so I wanted to see more. I didn't expect an even more open end for the LN! At least with the anime you know how things are at that moment while with the LN I don't even know what exactly happened to them in the end!

It's just so damn frustrating because I REALLY liked the story up until the end of volume 10. It was after that that everything just went to hell. So I spent all that time reading 10 volumes just to have it all end like that.
    [​IMG]

4. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Oh crud. I clicked the spoiler to read it, was like "that didn't happen..." and realized it was the LN....
    Well now I know I'm NOT going to read it. LOL
    Yeah the anime was good enouch

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    It was really good up until volume 11. Up to that I would have said the LN did a great job of showing off life after the anime (because the anime and LN are exactly the same up to where the anime ends) and would have highly recommended it. Then all that shit happened and even
    When they suggested Junko died I figured she'd be brought back which sort of happened given how the after life in this world works but then Akuto decides to play god and create various worlds (BTW amoung these worlds Junko gets drugged, raped, and dies in the woods and Fujiko is abbused by her rich parents until they murder her by slamming her head into a wall because they find the fact she loves them despite their abuse creepy)

Even all that shit would have been just barely bearable if it all had a decent pay off. But again it basically ends with Akuto taking everyones souls to some other place (we can assume this is a new world not bound to a story like the demon lord) but we don't know if they'll remember each other in the new world or is Akuto truly ends up with anyone in the end (he got a harem in the after life but that seemed to king of end when he started playing god) the only person's fate we do know is Hiroshi and he's bascially trapped becoming the new Law of identity writting a new story for a new world which means repeating the whole damn cycle again.

Also on a side note Hiroshi becomes the ultimate douche in the end when he murders baby Akuto dozens of times to try to change history. GREAT best friend am I right?

I just can't believe how it went so wrong so fast. All it had to do was keep the tone and pace it had, finish up the arc with the war, and end the series. The last arc was shaping up pretty well with the fate of the world at stake and everything the series had done building up to a good climax. But it had to go all insane at the end and tried to hard to be super philosophical in the end at the cost of a cohesive story. Like the author felt the message he was trying to tell with the story wasn't coming through clearly enough and tried to shove it down our throats at the end.

6. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Read the first bit of the spoiler then ragequit...

7. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I'm just gonna take her and be on my way. Keena [Demon King Daimao].jpg

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    yep I mean to be fair that first bit is covered in a few short paragraphs they basically say Akuto created various worlds" and give a quick summary in what happens in a few of them. But almost all of them have bad ends so it's pretty depressing even if they are short. The only good things that happens is
    Even though it's the after life Akuto does actually marry Junko, Fujiko, and Yoshie and actually have sex with them. But since it's the after life it feels kind of hollow and since we don't know what happens to the harem after Akuto goes all god and eventually leads everyone's souls to a unnammed new world it all is just very unsatisfying.

I've said I want a harem series with a legit harem end but that isn't what I wanted..... However the manga has the kind of harem end I've been dying for. Now if only it didn't have such a shitty open end with Keena being kidnapped it would be the perfect end. But it's still more satisfying than the LN ending. Sadly like I said before because the Manga ends at an earlier point than the LN there are some characters in the LN I really liked that aren't in the manga so accepting the manga's end means forgetting about them.