Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

I need help finding this anime picture that I have been looking for, for six years

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by SearchingForWebsite, Nov 20, 2017.

1. SearchingForWebsite I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying to find this anime picture for almost six years. (Obviously, not the entire time, but every so often I will try and search for it.)

Unfortunately, I do not remember everything about the picture, but I will explain what I can remember.

There were two girls in the picture. They both had red hair, or reddish pink hair. One of the girls was laying on the floor on the left side of the picture and I believe she had neater and shorter hair. The other girl was standing up and was on the right side of the picture, and I believe she had slightly "messier" hair, and it was somewhat longer.

I am less certain about the following details.
    -

I forget what they were wearing. Maybe shorts, and t shirts, but most anime characters do.

They might have been in a castle. I think there was a checkered floor (like a chess board.) There might have been a window where you could see outside, or the picture faded from inside to an outside look. I'm less certain about all of this.
    -

I first saw the picture on another forum way back in November in 2010. The board was closed and deleted forever, so the topic was lost, and I have been trying to find this picture ever since.

I am in the middle of searching for it again. I'll probably be doing this for a couple of days, and I could use some help. Whoever can help me find this picture will be my new best friend. ^_^

The things that I am most certain about
    -
    I know it has to be from an older anime, 2010 or below, or just an artist's on illustration. I don't know of any anime characters that looked like they did. From what I remember the girl laying down, with the shorter hair, had her hair swiped out of her face, without bangs. The other girl who was standing up, had shoulder length hair, and it was spikier. The girl laying down had a more serious/ominous expression on, and the girl standing up was either smiling, or she was just overall more energetic looking.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @SearchingForWebsite the first and only anime I can even remotely think of that has multiple pink haired anime girls in it that is older than 2010 that came to mind was Elfen Lied. With so little else to go on I doubt I can be of much more help if it isn't that.
    Did you try using wayback machine to revive the site through snapshots to see if it is there?

3. SearchingForWebsite I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your suggestion, but I know that that wasn't it. I'm familiar with the anime and its characters, so I would've recognized it if so. There is a possibility that it wasn't from an anime at all, though, and that it was a drawing of two original characters that somebody uploaded onto the internet.

I actually did try the wayback machine, but I could've been missing something. The site it was posted on was a forum, and that forum was on the wayback machine, and it did have the point in time of when it was posted, but I couldn't find the topic itself after some looking. I wasn't aware of the snapshot option that you mentioned, though. Could you explain to me how that works so that I could try it out? That sounds like it could be very helpful for my search.

4. SearchingForWebsite I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I found a few images that kind of resemble that picture that I'm looking for. Maybe they can be of some help?

https://www.ilbe.com/files/attach/n...8/9083430148/9165a7cfdc0381bd5600ecfd45e5d53d

http://i.imgur.com/bxIeHsA

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/7cebe6000397ad39b74d39e5ee0eb32d

http://img1.reactor.cc/pics/post/full/Anime-Nishikino-Maki-Love-Live!-Yazawa-Nico-2657425

https://img.pawoo.net/media_attachments/files/003/379/386/original/301cbbc18148a8b5

-

Here's another image that I found that could help. These two characters have a similar look to the girls in the picture I'm looking for, one with the messier hair, and one with the neater hair. The only problem is that their hair still seems too long. What they're from was released at around the time I saw the picture, though, so I think it's a possibility that it could be them. Here's the link to the picture:

https://pm1.narvii.com/6602/13b3693a2300005f2b5c8a1f56639a26f27ed4e6_hq.jpg

#4 SearchingForWebsite, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  5. Phazon I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've done a google reverse image search and it came back with:

"a fiery chariot follows cadaverous odor"

It's a doujinshi I think

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    well i have a theory that you could be looking at a fan art "before/after image" of an anime "Snow White with the Red Hair". thing is, that just blows everything away seeing its a 2015 anime.
    - came this conclusion because: snow white + castles + plot revolving losing hair + long,short hair

next anime i thought of is magic knights reyearth 2. hikaru and nova to be exact. Hikaru has a short red hair and Nova with a pink long messy hair. looking at the release date, its not even in the 2k's but in the 90s.
    - came this conclusion because: medieval setting which has castles + long,short hair + red and pink

next stop is D.N Angel with Rico and Riza. well they are twins so its natural that theyd look alike. rissa has a long hair with riku the short one. release date is close to 2010 because its in 2003.
    - came this conclusion because: there was an episode about a castle one time + they live in a mansion which obviously will be tiled + long,short hair

next is to love ru. what can i say that anime has lots of red heads. and its in 2008.
    - came this conclusion because: red heads
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

last i can think of right now is kissxsis with Ako and Rico with their hairs.
    - came this conclusion because: red heads + long,short hair

one thing that popup in my google search is this one. you said there a window thing looking outside so i just have to show it.
    whats interesting her is that they look like ladies and youll be surprised that the Asakura's are shounen shamans.

then again, all of my theories are blown away big time because they are not in anyway close to this image.
    what all of what i search have in common is that they are either twins or they are their former selves or a part of theirselves.

7. SearchingForWebsite I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Phazon, that doujinshi you mentioned is the one in my avatar. Is that what you were referring to? I'm a little confused as to exactly what you meant. Oh, do you know what its release date was? The earliest date I could find was 2013, but that's still too recent to be what I'm looking for.

Noobs, thank you for all of the effort you put in to trying to help me with this. It can't be the first one you mentioned because it was released after I saw the image, and I know it's not to love ru, as I'm familiar with the anime and its characters so I would've recognized them. As for all of the other ones you mentioned, I don't recognize any of the characters, so I don't think that that's it. However, the girls from D.N.Angel have similar hair styles to the girls in the picture that I'm looking for.