Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

I Humbly Request Suggestions For PS2 Games I Should Get.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The7thSeal, Mar 16, 2015.

1. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    So, on one fateful day in February, I changed my pre-order for Evolve for a PS2, and I can safely say it was the best decision I've ever made. The issue is I've unfortunately burnt through most of the games I got with it, so I need suggestions for games to get. Personal favourites, 'so bad it's good', 'a train wreck you need to see'. You name it, I'll look into it.

One Stipulation though. Do NOT suggest Persona 3. It's not that I don't want it, I do, but the cheapest I can find it is £50, and I'm not going to drop that much on one game (until I get a new job or something).

Hit me.

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Preferred genres?

3. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'd say Action Adventure would be the main thing I'm after, though I'm more or less fine with most other genres. RPGs would be an iffy one though, seeing as my attention span isn't all that long.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Mmm. No RPGs eh?

Let's see.. Siren 1 and 2, Silent Hill and Resident Evil games (if you haven't already played them), Prince of Persia games, Haunting Ground, Beyond Good and Evil, Primal, Legacy of Kain (Defiance and Soul Reaver), any Metal Gear game, Mercenaries, Onimusha, Rouge Trooper, Hitman games, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Syphon Filter, I particularly liked all the Ratchet and Clank games, God of War, Shadow of Colossus.

That's just to name some of the ones I could actually remember. Other titles I know I've played just don't have a good memory about because I played a good deal of them so long ago. Gave a little more than was probably needed but some of those are common titles and you might have played them already.

5. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Going to have to look into those Siren games, definitely. And Onimusha. The rest are either games I've played (actually just finished Primal), are on the list I cobbled together in 5 minutes, or just don't interest me.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    No RPGs! A difficult one....

On a side note for persona 3/4 the cheapest way is to buy them on PSN for PS3. $5 or something like that. There are a bunch in the PSN Classics section. Not to mention I have a copy of Persona 4 (NTSC-US) im not using now since i have the PSN version.

Old Favorites:
    Jak and Daxter series - platformer, later adding action and guns
    Sly Cooper Series - platformer
    Star Wars Battlefront Series - 3rd Person Shooter
    Kingdom Hearts series - action
    Psychonauts
    Bully

Others

Devil May Cry series -
    Soul Calibur games
    GTAs
    Okami
    Grash Bandicoots
    Katamari
    Burnout
    ICO
    Indigo Prophecy
    Viewtiful Joe
    Alien Hominid

And my alltime favorite Radiata Stories (yeah its an RPG, but I like it and its not very well known)

7. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    @ShadowLinks The issue with getting stuff from PSN is that I don't have a PS3. And unfortunately, I feel that asking to buy that copy of Persona 4 off you would screw you over for P&P to the UK :p
    Now, to the list.
    I honestly can't believe Viewtiful Joe never crossed my mind, or the GTAs for that matter, so I'll definitely look into those. I might look into Burnout, but that will be based solely on if and when the mood strikes me. The rest I either own, are on the list, or don't interest me.
    I'm also forgoing Indigo Prophecy all together, because I cannot stand David Cage's storytelling or design ethics.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Yeah I was all geared up to drop a couple dozen RPG titles too :p

And I can't believe Sly Cooper didn't cross my mind.

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    You know an interesting one? The Godfather video game. If you have any interest in the movies this game is a very faithful adaption of it but in that Grand Theft Auto style. You play as a character that wasn't in the movie but it does a great job filling of adding him in.

Cool game, but don't forget to leave the gun, take the cannoli.

10. Masterofflys Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A little late to the party on this one, but I thought it worth mentioning that the Tenchu series is conspicuously missing from this list. Ever wanted to be a ninja? Best game to try. Fun (but limited) co-op missions, too, if you can find a partner.

It's a shame you ruled out RPGs, or I would'a sugested Shadow Hearts. Great series.

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I like a lot of the above suggestions. My recommendations would be:

Tekken 4 and 5, because the storylines they added to the characters are hilarious xD also because:

I would also recommend Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater. and Timesplitters 1, 2 and Future Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Tekken bowling on Tekken 3 (I think it was 3) was a really fun bonus. Jesus, so many fights erupted at my house over that game. Good times :)