Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

I Am A Hero Live-action Film's English-subtitled Trailer Streamed

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by Sir-Maddy, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    FUNimation Entertainment began streaming an English-subtitled trailer for the live-action film of Kengo Hanazawa's zombie manga I am a Hero on Thursday. Funimation will release the film on Blu-ray Disc/DVD combo pack on July 24.

The film premiered at the 48th Sitges Film Festival in Catalonia, Spain in October 2015, and it won the Grand Audience Award and Award for Best Special Effects. The film opened in Japan in April 2016.

Shinsuke Satō (Gantz, Library War, Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror, Princess Blade) directed the "A-grade survival panic horror" movie. Akiko Nogi (Library War, Sayonara, Robinson Crusoe) wrote the screenplay, and VFX and makeup expert Makoto Kamiya (Gantz, Cutie Honey, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Resident Evil: Damnation) was in charge of special effects.

In the original manga, Hideo Suzuki (played by Yo Oizumi in the live-action film) is an aspiring manga creator who once struggled with discontent with his assistant artist job and his relationship with his girlfriend — until people started turning into undead "ZQN" creatures overnight. After he is attacked by his ZQN virus-infected girlfriend "Tekko," Hideo flees the overrun Tokyo metropolis with the shotgun he happens to own as a hobby. He travels with Hiromi (played by Kasumi Arimura), a high school girl whom he meets by chance, and they face the desperate situation with the help of a nurse named Yabu (played by Masami Nagasawa) at a shopping mall.

I am a Hero: Hajimari no Hi (I am a Hero: The Day it Began), a live-action prequel to the film, also premiered on Docomo's dTV streaming service in April 2016.