Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

How often do you rewatch anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by TheManWithoutAPlan, Oct 18, 2014.

1. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Over the years, I have occasionally fallen into ruts where I cannot bring myself to watch any new anime series and instead I find myself rewatching anime that I have already seen and therefor know that I enjoy. I have watched certain episodes of Death Note, Baccano, Soul Eater, Hellsing, FMA: Brotherhood, Code Geass and even Bleach multiple times. There's a certain comfort in sticking an anime I like on in the background that I can half pay attention to whilst doing something more productive, that you simply cannot get when you are watching a new series and feel the need to pay attention. I'm curious if this is a common occurrence, something you guys also enjoy doing, or if I have a problem and need to seek help. :p So, how often do you rewatch anime, if at all?

2. obdriver6 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    That's something that I was thinking of the other day and wanted to ask lol In my case, I'm the complete opposite. I'm always looking for new anime I haven't seen to expand my anime knowledge. It usually takes me years before I rewatch an anime series but there are a few exceptions.

3. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I do not think it is an uncommon occurrence at all, I re watch anime that I like. It does depend though on stuff like, how long ago did I see it, did I like it then, stuff like that. I have re watched Baka and Test season one, I have re watched the first 200 episodes of Bleach twice and there are a couple parts in the first season I watch when I want to see something I really enjoy. I can't think of any others of the top of my head. I plan on re watching Blood+, Eureka Seven, Busou Renkin, and some others.

4. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I get a little fanatical about some anime I've watched that I re watch them a lot. I've watched bleach all the way through twice now, ghost hunt at least 8 times, sword art online 7, dbz I've seen 3 times 2 for gt, high school of the dead 4 times, the list goes on and on I have a problem. I'm also gonna re watch ghost hunt probably 2 more times in the spirit of Halloween.

5. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Not as often as I used to, due to not having any much time these days, so I wanna get through my backlog.
    I've watched my fave anime, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, a total of three times, including the 3-hour-movie and the "dreaded" (I actually find it enjoyable) Endless Eight. Been meaning to rewatch Haruhi-chan as well; only seen that once.

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I use to rewatch anime all the time. I had limited internet usage, and I mean really limited allowance something like 2 seasons of anime only a month. So I would rewatch some of the ones I got on DVD twice yearly or something. However since getting much more allowed usage I've since mostly stopped rewatching things. I remember almost everything that happens in my favourite series so there isn't too much of a point.
    I also much rather watching stuff I haven't yet seen. The last show I rewatched was Baccano and that was a few months back, still is a great series though.

Also helps that I watch that much new stuff that there isn't any time to be rewatching the shows I've already seen. Yay for new releases.

7. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    The most I've rewatched was When They Cry which I've probably finished about four times. I make a yearly thing out of watching it, since it's my favorite anime. I might rewatch No Game No Life as well. Normally I don't rewatch things but I sometime make exceptions.

8. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I've rewatched Paranoia Agent twice. Rewatched Death Note. (I don't count watching reruns of Pokemon and DBZ when I was younger). What about giving a series a second chance? Like, I used to catch bits of Gundam Wing and Tenchi Muyo! on Toonami when I was younger, (never seemed to make time for the shows). So I watched them properly over the last 3-4 years. Ended up really enjoying both shows :D I think the only other series I have bothered to rewatch is Serial Experiments Lain (though only particular episodes), the same goes for Neon-Genesis Evangelion.

I have to admit, I can never bring myself to rewatch an anime series. (Which is probably why I end up forgetting the plot to so many of them). Some are certainly rewatchable, but I would rather watch rewatch a series with friends who are seeing for the first time. It makes it more enjoyable :) Only with Paranoia Agent was I able to do this :)

9. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I try not to rewatch any anime. I have too many on my plan to watch list that I need to take care of first.

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I only re-watch anime if I've got nothing new to watch other than new release anime, and on my list I've got Index II, Hellsing Ultimate IX & X, Saber Marionette, Shugo Chara, Digimon Fusion and a few catch-ups, I always watch something that comes around out of nowhere but, I usually re-watch something that I REALLY enjoyed so much that no matter how many episodes it has, I'll re-watch it

11. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Only non H anime that i've ever re-watched were Kodocha and Hatsukoi Limited. Only those that fit my genre of choice and have great writing can make me come back for a second/third go.

12. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I rarely re-watch any series but I do re-watch movies - mostly Studio Ghibli ones.

13. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I think another reason to re-watch an anime is if you watch a dub anime and the dub is incomplete so you watch the subs from the beginning, it does happen at times

14. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I've done this. A couple times.

15. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    All of this and then some. Except code geass, iv seen that a good 5 times

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well we all have our exceptions. Thanks to Adult Swim I've seen Bebop a good 15 times in all the years they've been repeating it lol.

17. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Get ready to watch gurren laggan 15 times then too, lol

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    lol luckily I've been off Adult Swim for quite some time now.

19. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

Ill re-watch an anime when ever the mood strikes me.I have finished a show and re-watched it not even a week later just depends how i feel.Some shows are just that good.

20. Severus Shiny Legendary Pokemon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I re-watch anime all the time. For example, I've watched air gear now 8-10 times now. But that was also my first love in anime.
    If I'm in a certain mood ill watch an anime that caters to it-- that or watch something new that I know closely resembles that anime.