Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

How do you deal with melancholy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zak-B, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Zak-B Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Now I want to specify, this thread is not asking how you deal with serious depression. While people suffering from depression can be in a melancholic state, it's often much deeper than simple dissatisfaction with a part of your life. The question I'm asking, is how you deal with gloominess. The sadness that's not bad enough to warrant therapy or any other extreme, but it's still enough to bring you down and make you lose your motivation.

Personally, whenever I'm feeling down I take a walk. I find being alone with my thoughts, and outside, is a nice way to cheer me up. Unless it's pouring of rain, in which case a hot shower will have a similar uplifting effect.

2. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Whenever I feel cruddy I wait until about 2-2:30 in the morning and go to a baseball field I live by. Sometimes I pitch, but most of the time I just look up at the stars and try to find constellations or shooting stars. It's the perfect thinking atmosphere for me since there's nobody around, I'm at a place I love to be, and the view of the sky is perfect. A lot of people don't realize just how beautiful the stars are when everybody else isn't paying attention. It's almost poetic ;]

3. Dcmac Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Walking. Sometimes I'll skip taking the bus and walk long distances. I find the rain soothing so if it's a light rain outside I'll walk in that.

Apart from that, I listen to music or read manga. Every once in a while I get the rare opportunity to exercise so I do that when I can.

Basically anything where I don't have to focus much on anything and get to shut off my brain for a while.

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    aside from watching the usual stuff, i walk around, eat at some cozy fast food store while listening to music.

5. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    When I feel down I tend to watch something that will make me laugh or just generally make me feel happy. I find Pixar and Ghibli films to be a great help.

6. Uallandme Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    i pretty much just wait it out whiles listening to music on my bed. That or watch a good comedy

7. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    how do i deal with sadness?

8. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ok, for real, now that im not trying to leave for work..

i actually dont deal with it very well, im always depressed for one reason or another, but not usually to the point that im suicidal or anything. i usually just get over it. iv spent my life denying myself of anger that most negative emotions end up as melancholy because there is no other outlet, lol

so, thats how i deal with it, wait it out, and get over it...eventually

although, i can usually rid myself of negative emotions by filling myself with happy miku music

9. gasakiichi I violated the rules when I shouldn't have Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Play video games or meet with friends.

10. vikkiharto I violated the rules when I shouldn't have Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I have bad mood I go to shopping or play some favourite video games too. Lately I bought new monitor and dual monitor stand like here I think it will be good choice for me to ergonomic free place and it will be more fun for entertaining too.

#10 vikkiharto, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
  11. BlackHeartedRose The Bookworm

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I read a lot when I'm in a really melancholy mood. I also watch anime. Or I will write when I'm inspired to. It all depends on the day.