Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

How Did You Get Your Username?

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    This was a thread we had back on JustDubs where everyone would detail exactly how they got their username. I'll start us off.

I got my name when I used to play Counter Strike 1.6 way back when it was released on Steam. I used to joke profusely which occasionally baited some people into arguments when my clan played in pub matches. My inconsistant personality and the random joking coupled with my random playing style which invoked people to call me a hacker because of the insane shots I used to make. Someone eventually said, "Anyone else catching those sporadic bullets in the face?" Then I later donned the name Sporadic Bullet when I just shortened it to Sporadic a little while after that.

The name Sporadic still hold true today based on the random things I always say in real life, on the site and on Skype. One user in our Skype group, Mitch, even started writing down my ramblings into a text document.

Example:

[Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:37 AM] Mitchell Carter: spor: I live in fear of the three tined fork
    [Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:37 AM] Mitchell Carter: spor: Tridents have three tines, forks have four. forks are for eating, tridents are for ruling the 7 seas.

2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Mine comes from ages ago when I was in middle school.  I can't remember the exact details, but I recall once making a joke related to "bacon flavored toothpaste" and some friends started calling me Bacon Man.  It became my middle school band nickname and kinda stuck until my Sophomore year of high school, when I left band.

Considering I had no idea for any others, I started using BaconMan as a username on YouTube and a few other things.  Since then I've used it for pretty much anything.  I started adding 8910 to the end because I would, on occasion, come across a site or something where I needed to enter a username where BaconMan would be taken.  I find that 8910 is almost never added to the username and so I could always use that combination of numbers at the end of my username to get the name BaconMan.

And so, on pretty much everything I'm registered with, I'm BaconMan8910.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I got my name when I used to play Counter Strike 1.6 way back when it was released on Steam. I used to joke profusely which occasionally baited some people into arguments when my clan played in pub matches. My inconsistant personality and the random joking coupled with my random playing style which invoked people to call me a hacker because of the insane shots I used to make. Someone eventually said, “Anyone else catching those sporadic bullets in the face?” Then I later donned the name Sporadic Bullet when I just shortened it to Sporadic a little while after that.

You weren't hacking. Just prayed daily to the hit reg god that oversees Counter Strike. I had games where I was one\two shooting everyone and games where I couldn't headshot anyone no matter what. Curse you almighty hit reg god.

Anyway Doomguy simply comes from the nameless marine in the PC game Doom. Nothing fancy, just stuck with it since it's easy to remember.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Bedheadred is a character by the tshirt company David and Goliath. I saw her on a pair of pj bottoms at Target. She has wild red bedhead that looks like my hair. Sorry, no fun Steam story or me flavored toothpaste.

5. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Bedheadred is a character by the tshirt company David and Goliath. I saw her on a pair of pj bottoms at Target. She has wild red bedhead that looks like my hair. Sorry, no fun Steam story or me flavored toothpaste.

@bedheadred flavored toothpaste o_O ......wut? lol

6. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

That's pretty much it.

7. M-theoria Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My display name is Ben B...because well my name is Ben.

But my actual username for DTR is "M-theoria"

I had just watched steins gate so was going through a phase where I was obsessed with time travel and parallel universes and came across a term called "M Theory" which getting from Wikipedia

8. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    [​IMG]

ill share when it again when im ready

9. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:
    I got my name when I used to play Counter Strike 1.6 way back when it was released on Steam. I used to joke profusely which occasionally baited some people into arguments when my clan played in pub matches. My inconsistant personality and the random joking coupled with my random playing style which invoked people to call me a hacker because of the insane shots I used to make. Someone eventually said, “Anyone else catching those sporadic bullets in the face?” Then I later donned the name Sporadic Bullet when I just shortened it to Sporadic a little while after that.

You weren’t hacking. Just prayed daily to the hit reg god that oversees Counter Strike. I had games where I was one\two shooting everyone and games where I couldn’t headshot anyone no matter what. Curse you almighty hit reg god.

Anyway Doomguy simply comes from the nameless marine in the PC game Doom. Nothing fancy, just stuck with it since it’s easy to remember.

I would never do something like accepting the aide of Furious SPX :p But yeah, gotta lead the hitbox sometimes.

10. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I found the phrase that makes my username in a YouTube comment originally (I know, how oh so unoriginal). It was below a Michael Moore video I think. I've sort of forgotten which video it was. Someone said 'Veritas Odium Parit my friend', and I looked up what the words translate into from Latin. Turns out it means 'Truth begets Hatred'. So I thought about it for a while and decided to use it as my new username (I didn't like my old one because it was associated with a person I haven't been with since Sixth Form). So my username has sort of changed over the years from old ones I used with online games like Diablo 2. But, I use half of the current username in Diablo 3 due to it being too long for it. So I will sometimes shorten the name if the site/online game cannot take so many characters.

I know, I seem rather fickle when it comes to usernames xD

11. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori: noun - Someone who rarely, if ever, leaves their home or room. They withdraw from society and have few friends. Hikikomori also tend to indulge in otaku-esque interests, such as anime and manga and more than likely tend to be NEET.

For the most part that is me. I made my original JD account only a few weeks after watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and I found the word Hikikomori to be an accurate description of myself. While I am now in tech school (so I no longer qualify as a NEET) and I'm looking for a job, I'm definitely still uncomfortable in social surroundings. I also get home as soon as class lets out to minimize the amount of time out away.

12. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori: noun – Someone who rarely, if ever, leaves their home or room. They withdraw from society and have few friends. Hikikomori also tend to indulge in otaku-esque interests, such as anime and manga and more than likely tend to be NEET.

For the most part that is me. I made my original JD account only a few weeks after watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and I found the word Hikikomori to be an accurate description of myself. While I am now in tech school (so I no longer qualify as a NEET) and I’m looking for a job, I’m definitely still uncomfortable in social surroundings. I also get home as soon as class lets out to minimize the amount of time out away.

I'm almost that bad...
    I go out, occasionally. But I rarely associate with others.

As for my name
    I'm as about bad off luck wise as Keiichi from Ah My Goddess [obviously without Belldandy]

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Hikikomori: noun – Someone who rarely, if ever, leaves their home or room. They withdraw from society and have few friends. Hikikomori also tend to indulge in otaku-esque interests, such as anime and manga and more than likely tend to be NEET.

Oh crap, I just realised that I'm a NEET again...

Anyaway, back in grade 5 or so, I was creating a bunch of random characters for stories and stuff, and the most memorable one was a humanoid cow with a combed-back hairstyle like that of a mafia guy. Thus, Mafia Cow. I just started using it as my username for pretty much everything, and haven't stopped. XD

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori wrote:

Oh crap, I just realised that I’m a NEET again…

Anyaway, back in grade 5 or so, I was creating a bunch of random characters for stories and stuff, and the most memorable one was a humanoid cow with a combed-back hairstyle like that of a mafia guy. Thus, Mafia Cow. I just started using it as my username for pretty much everything, and haven’t stopped. XD

I would have to see this drawn :D

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Mafiacow wrote:

Hikikomori wrote:

Oh crap, I just realised that I’m a NEET again…

Anyaway, back in grade 5 or so, I was creating a bunch of random characters for stories and stuff, and the most memorable one was a humanoid cow with a combed-back hairstyle like that of a mafia guy. Thus, Mafia Cow. I just started using it as my username for pretty much everything, and haven’t stopped. XD

I would have to see this drawn [​IMG]

If I ever find any of my old school books with it, I'll post it. But from what I remember, it looked crap. XD

16. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    No story behind my username. I watched Darker than Black just before joining JD and thought BK-201 sounded cool.

17. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I used to roam another forum dedicated to the Warriors and Seekers series by Erin Hunter.... "Silver" is my nickname on there and it has stuck with me since. ^_^

18. Znelson Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    my username is my first initial, last name, and a special number to me.

19. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Mines really basic, My first name starts with a D and the phonetic letter for D is Delta, the AI comes for a web series call Red Vs Blue for Rooster Teeth. So Im Delta the AI

20. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mines really basic, My first name starts with a D and the phonetic letter for D is Delta, the AI comes for a web series call Red Vs Blue for Rooster Teeth. So Im Delta the AI

Neat! Isn't 'delta' also a Greek Alphabet?