Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Houston's Anime Matsuri to Host Super Sonico English Dub Premiere

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Mark Denn, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Company will hold Parasyte -the maxim- voice actor auditions
    [​IMG]Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it will screen the English dub premiere of SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation at the Anime Matsuri convention. Sentai Filmworksannounced in January that professional cosplayer Jessica Nigriwill voice the show's lead.

In the series, Super Sonico is an 18-year-old girl who keeps busy as a college student, a part-time photoshoot model, and a musician. She even works at her grandmother's bar.

"Super Sonico," the mascot girl of the "Nitro Super Sonic" events held by Nitroplus, is credited with playing herself in the Japanese version and performing the opening theme song "Beat goes on!"

The company also announced that it will hold Parasyte -the maxim- voice actor auditions for minor character roles. The winner will get to visit Sentai Filmworks Studios to voice the bit role.

Kenichi Shimizu is directing the series at Studio MADHOUSE with Shoji Yonemura (Guin Saga,Glass Fleet) in charge of series composition. Tadashi Hiramatsu (Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Kare Kano) is designing the characters and Ken Arai is composing the music.

Sentai Filmworks describes the story:

Unbeknownst to mankind the world is quietly being invaded. Alien beings known as “Parasytes” begin infiltrating humans one by one, burrowing into their brains to take complete control of both their bodies and their identities. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh these cold and calculating creatures mutate into grotesque monsters who feed on the unsuspecting when they're not hiding behind the faces of everyday people. Only Shinichi Izumi, a lone high school boy, is aware of the terror lurking in plain sight. After one Parasyte's attempt to take over his brain ends in failure, Shinichi's right arm is instead possessed by this monster with a mind and an agenda all its own. As Shinichi and his unwanted cohabitant, “Migi,” struggle for dominance of his body, the alien infection continues to grow and so does the trail of bodies in its wake. Now Shinichi and Migi must become more than host and parasite if they hope to not only protectthemselves, but Shinichi's loved ones as well. As Shinichi and Migi's symbiotic bond deepens, will Shinichi be able to hold on to his humanity, or will he evolve into something more than he ever imagined?
    The Anime Matsuri convention will run from April 3-5 in Houston, Texas. The convention's guestsinclude director and scriptwriter Yasuhiro Yoshiura, singer Anna Tsuchiya, composer Teddyloid, animator Atsushi Nishigori, character designer Sushio, and the Japanese visual kei band Disacode.

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    >Parasyte will get a dub

Well, shit.

3. Nimander God of Calamity

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

I can just picture the cringe now......

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    [​IMG]

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    In a thread about the brain numbing anime super sonico the thing bing discussed is Kiseijuu, interesting turn this has taken I must say.
    Doesn't matter, modern dubs are all shit. Regardless of how good/bad something is originally it will be bad once dubbed.
    I can't believe they are dubbing sonico though, why?

6. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is that they are using a cosplayer to voice her also they could of found anyone better but they wnet with her

7. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Lets all agree that sub is master race and nothing deserves a dub.

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yeah they are using that large busted cosplayer who's name always escapes me. I know she is a huge fan of super sonico and that is why they went with her, for the sake of a gimmick. I had heard that she's voice acted before but yeah no thanks.

There were good dubs but nowadays none seem to be. Sub master race sounds like a good thing to be a part of unless we all learn Japanese.

9. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Houston eh? Never heard of that city...

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Heh, I'm actually taking a Japanese course next year after I finish school.

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Good for you, if you get good enough I have a few anime titles I know about I'd like to have translations for if you're up for the challenge. I'll be waiting Maddy, don't keep me waiting forever.

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Give me 3-4 years, cause I'll also be doing exchange in the next few years.

13. Mark Denn News Man

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I give dubs a chance there have been ok ones but they need a new set of voices in booths and find the good shows that deserve dubs

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    No anime deserves a dub, nothing should be touched with Texan fingers. I'm no Nip purist but my God the amount of shit dubs that come out is astounding. They ruined Muv-Luv even more (I mean, it was already shit killed the career of my favourite Japanese VA but my God that dub is awful).

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I completely agree with this, before dubs were okay enough but in recent years the amount of bad dubs has increased drastically. There are other people they could hire to voice animated character apart front he same doze ones that are in everything. Try sending some to Hollywood or somewhere every now and then to change things up a bit.
    Although muv-luv was god damn terrible in the first place, hard to believe that they made it even worse.

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    A lot of Veterans in the dubbing industry are now LA based and do Aniplex and Viz dubs.

>tfw Muv-Luv killed my seiyufus career.

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    This I didn't know, but not exactly what I meant. The dub industry feels stale at the moment, it needs new voices with a larger span of vocal options and better script writers.
    But it didn't kill her career did it? I thought she was in several shows after this.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I know what you mean, and Hollywood isn't exactly the greatest answer.

In terms of main characters yes she has been in several. But I'm talking about major characters, like ones that are very important to story and are in every episode. Muv-Luv was her last major role, that was back in 2012. On 4Chan we hope to see her in a major role again be in either Monster Musume or Prison School. It's not cool man, I don't want her to fade away yet, we still haven't completed Saki yet.