Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Hillary Clinton FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Timekeeper, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    This is a pretty controversial topic, so I wanted to make a little topic on it to see what you guys' opinions are on it

Honestly, I think she's either good friends with the FBI director or good friends with a high ranking member of the FBI to be able to skirt her way past this controversy

On top of that, I'm astonished that so many people voted for her in the primaries due to how controversial she is compared to Bernie Sanders.

(Also, to note, I don't support Clinton, Trump, or Sanders and will most likely be voting for a 3rd party come November.)

So what do you guys think about this scandal. And do you think she should be allowed to run because of it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-email-comey.html?_r=0

2. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
  3. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I actually just read it on my newsfeed on Facebook

Someone posted an image macro placing Clinton and Snowden side by side

Snowden: Tampers with sensitive government documents = wanted for treason
    Clinton: Tampers with sensitive government documents = democratic nominee

4. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I think the government was bought off on this investigation. I still believe that Clinton will be the death of the US and do more damage than Trump could possibly do. Let's face it, if people are upset with Trump so much that they PAY people to protest Trump, he'll be easily impeachable the moment he screws up (if elected) on something less offensive than Clinton's treasonous record. It's pretty damning evidence that our government can be easily bought off, more so when they have a candidate they want in office. How many people are actually with Clinton, because they are straight up stupid as hell if they're with her and not with someone... not treasonous.

Also, just saw a parody of the State Farm commercial about Hillary Clinton in my news feed:
    [​IMG]

Haven't seen the Snowden/Clinton comparison yet, but I'm sure it will make it's way on my news feed before too long.

#4 Vashnik, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Cold anger doesn't start to describe my feelings.

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    According to what I know, I am not inclined to trust Clinton. Too many scandalous connections. Saw a live discussion on the FBI Director testifying on Clinton's case, and it bothers me that she seemed to get special attention that, if an FBI employee did the same thing, they would have been reprimanded severely. A computer in her basement containing special info, and as Texas Rep. Hurd said, how can she just have this info in her basement, info that people risk their lives to get?
    (I could not stay to listen to the whole thing though. Work reasons.)
    How can people root for her, under these circumstances?

8. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    God help us!!

I do agree with Timekeeper in that I can't stand Trump's personality and character, but I am hopeful that with the way things are going between Cruz and Trump, there might be a chance that Cruz is his VP pick and may bring more votes from the more traditional conservatives to hopefully win over Clinton and possibly influence Trump in a good way, we shall see....... but if there were to be a 3rd party candidate whose political and moral views were somewhat between traditional conservative and Libertarian and who had the political backing and reliability to really present a challenge to Clinton or Trump, he or she
    would definitely receive my vote, as I would only be voting for Trump as the lesser of two evils.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Apparently the reason behind the FBI director's decision to acquit Clinton was because even though she may have broken the law, she didn't mean to

So I guess if I drunk drive and swerve into a minivan, killing a family of five, and say that I know I broke the law, but I didn't mean to do it, I'll get all charges dropped against me?

And furthermore, I've got people telling me that "since Clinton isn't going to be indicted, you should vote for her".

Saying that "Clinton isn't going to be indicted, you should vote for her" is like saying "Casey Anthony was found not guilty, so you should let her babysit your three year-old".

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only if you're a favorite politician among the elite that can buy the government's decision to not charge you. Remember, you have to be a politician that can buy your way above the law of us common nobodies. Heck, you can even be an illegal and get more rights than a citizen. We the People certainly need to take matters into our own hands now that we know the FBI won't do crap about criminal politicians, including charging them for treason against the US! It's a sad day when the FBI goes from over-the-top power trip on MegaVideo, outside of their jurisdiction, but won't do a damn thing in house against those who are real criminals.

11. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    From the committee hearing with the FBI director yesterday it was interesting how he seemed to be applying extra words that are not in some of the guidelines for prosecuting. Namely the part of needing to have criminal intent. It was also interesting how after several times beating around the bush he answered "Yes" when asked if she did allow people without security clearance to sort and delete her emails, which if I remember correct might potentially be a felony. I could be wrong in that but I heard they were going to make a referral to look into it.

Edit:
    I may have mixed that a bit with this. She did apparently lie to congress under oath which is a a serious crime. http://www.tmn.today/2016/07/hillary-may-end-up-in-jail-after-all-all-thanks-to-trey-gowdy/
    Comey even admitted that they never took into account if she had lied as part of their investigation.

12. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I suppose with enough stacks of cash she can wash away all evidence of perjury as well

First perjury, then spoliation, then more perjury. It just adds up and up and up

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0

Money, the root of evil, wipes down and cleanses minds of dirty deeds when cut thin into green printed wipes.

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well look at the bright side, Hillary Clinton would never use nuclear weapons

After all she won't even have clearence to use them as president :D

15. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    True, she may be able to worm her way out of it. Already the liberal media have been trying to push that it is all over about the email server and more pressure will be on the GOP members of that committee to drop everything. If they don't cave to that pressure they may at least be able to keep pointing out that she lied and acted in extreme carelessness and is not fit to hold political office, including being the POTUS. That may be more representative of the non-criminal consequences that the FBI Director suggested would happen for others. Though in Clinton's case the FBI is the only authority that could bring such consequences other than the American people by their votes.

16. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    She wouldn't have used nukes anyway, she'd sell them off to our enemies if it meant it could put money into her pocket.

17. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
  18. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    One interesting thing is the president is probably one of those 300 people who probably ignored the fact they were breaching security by emailing Clinton's personal email. Amazing how slick she seems able to try to pass the blame onto everyone else except her. Mostly damage control on the FBI Director's pretty strong words on her carelessness

19. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I honestly don't care about the private server and classified documents sent through personal email. At the end of the day, the investigation found no concrete evidence that any of it actually fell into the hands of the wrong people; it merely found that the emails had the possibility of being compromised due to the unsecure methodology. Was it sloppy? Yes. Was it negligent? Possibly. Should she face consequences for it? Probably. But was it corruption? No. And this is the part that many won't acknowledge. Everyone is inflating how big a deal this is largely for partisan reasons.

Now what could possibly be real corruption is the fact that there are odd gaps in Hillary's email history which suggest herself or her team deleted applicable emails to the investigation before turning them over, and those emails could have contained shady dealings that Hillary didn't want anyone to know about, but that's not what the investigation was about, and instead strictly investigated the negligence, which again, while I feel there should still be consequences for this, it's not nearly as severe as it is made out to be, but this brings us to point number two. The other angle of this that could be considered real corruption is the fact that Hillary is essentially getting left off the hook based on some bogus line about "intent". Last I recall, ignorance has never been an excuse for breaking the law, and certainly wouldn't fly by the standards of most cops and courts if the average joe were to use this line in their defense. In fact, section 793 of the US code dictates that intent should not be considered in cases like this, and just as recently as last year, a man by the name of Bryan Nishimura was similarly charged and sentenced for mishandling classified information without malicious intent, which is exactly what the FBI claims is the case with Hillary, yet she faces no consequences. So when Joe Schmo does it, guilty. When the Anointed One, Queen of Snakes, Breaker of Laws, Khaleesi of the Great Establishment does it, how dare you peasants protest. Couple this with the fact that Attorney General Loretta Lynch conveniently met with Bill Clinton just the day before the FBI's official statement, and it seems pretty likely that some kind of backroom deals were made to ensure that Hillary gets held above the law. She is most definitely being held to a double standard, and it's this very double standard and general attitude of arrogance from the media as a whole--as if Hillary is just destined to the throne regardless of any actual laws or votes--which is exactly why I cannot in good conscience vote for her no matter how much I despise Trump. She is not entitled to the presidency.

Now for full disclosure: I wish Hillary got indicted anyway. Not because I actually care about any of the emails, but because it's as good of an excuse as any to remove another corrupt politician from the ballot for Americans' own good. But nonetheless she's corrupt for different reasons than the email investigation, and the indictment isn't going to come at this point anyway.

#19 minisiets, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Let's just hope that this mess will mess with her votes. Negatively.

Amazing how different judgement is passed on a person due to class position.

• Like Like x 1