Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

High School DxD New

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    High School DxD New

Okay everyone you all know what its about, and if you don't what are you doing clicking a discussion thread for this series. This is the official unofficial club collaboration activity between the new release club and the anime cafe for the highly anticipated 2nd season to DxD and whether you watch it for the plot that actually exists in an ecchi series for once or you're just a pervert that isn't ashamed to admit it. I welcome you to discuss this show with others that share your lack of shame.

Okay so first episode and it starts with nipples instantly, can't say I've seen that before but hey i usually stay away from this genre.

My thoughts so far, Asia still is my favourite so you can have Rias you overbearing fanboys. Issei finally gets a contract completed, congrats to the bludger of a demon, but most importantly Kiba finally gets a bit more screen time and development hell yeah his character had way too much wasted potential from the first season. I guess it is because he is a male and so fanservice doesn't exactly work for him so less screen time is given, but this is a change I like.
    Speaking of changes I am not a fan of the new ED theme, StudyxStudy was much better while I am undecided about the OP, what does everyone else think?

2. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    First ep picked right up out of the first page of Vol 3
    which so happens to be shortly after the events of S1

I know @Supernatural-Knight hates ecchi but I really liked seeing animated the things I had read in the novel [Me and @MacMeaties love our boobs] and Kiba, his reaction to that photo. I can tell they are going to do his arc well. Thats all Im gonna say. Yeah Super they do develop Kiba more, Asia too.
    As you can tell, she gets a lot bolder and aggressive.

You also met 3 new mains and new sub chars

[​IMG]

Tried using spoilers, didnt work

The OP was good, by Larval Stage Planning which did the original op, the ED I do agree was meh.

3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Kiba was pretty badass this episode. I liked it. He needed something like this.

First second of the new season, Issei: BOOBS! So fitting :D

Also, i agree about Asia being favorite female character. I just like her more than Rias.

4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Well, the first episode was as expected: A lot of ecchi and action, plus crazy things with demons.

I also see that something's gonna happen involving Kiba, but I'm guessing everyone noticed that already, plus there's new characters.

My opinion: This season's gonna be full of awesomeness

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see the thread was created in the regular forum. I'll be watching tonight.

6. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The opening and ending theme songs are nice but a disappointment compared to S1′s OP & ED songs. Still the anime itself is good, it looks like it has the potential to be just as good as S1. I sure hope so. Also, Rias has been a really bad influence on Asia. Haha >:)

@Knight: There is such a thing as fan service involving male characters you know, it's just rare from what I've seen. Also, I have to disagree with something you said which was this line. whether you watch it for the plot that actually exists in an ecchi series for once

I've seen plenty of ecchi anime that does have a plot and not just ecchi, this one was done really well mixing both overly ecchi (The perverted kind that is and not just the funny kind) with a story. I don't think I've seen an anime that's done something like this so well before. (Since I think most of the ecchi anime I've seen does have perverted but mostly comedy in it)

7. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The opening and ending theme songs are nice but a disappointment compared to S1′s OP & ED songs. Still the anime itself is good, it looks like it has the potential to be just as good as S1. I sure hope so. Also, Rias has been a really bad influence on Asia. Haha >:) @Knight: There is such a thing as fan service involving male characters you know, it’s just rare from what I’ve seen. Also, I have to disagree with something you said which was this line. whether you watch it for the plot that actually exists in an ecchi series for once I’ve seen plenty of ecchi anime that does have a plot and not just ecchi, this one was done really well mixing both overly ecchi (The perverted kind that is and not just the funny kind) with a story. I don’t think I’ve seen an anime that’s done something like this so well before. (Since I think most of the ecchi anime I’ve seen does have perverted but mostly comedy in it)

You should read the novels Natsuru. I think you'd like them.

Larval Stage Planning did S2's op as well and I like it. As I stated the first ep follows the LN (Volume 3) pretty damn good.

On to some related news, Funi released ep 1&2 of S1 dubbed. Its not bad but Jamie Marchi is not Akeno like I wanted damn it! But she is Rias. She's also the series' script writer. They were done really good.

Marchi isnt Akeno. Damn im not gonna get over that~!

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Hey Kei guess what.
    Marchi isn't Akeno, and Jad Saxton plays Koneko.

9. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey Kei guess what.
    Marchi isn’t Akeno, and Jad Saxton plays Koneko.

He wishes Marchi played Akeno, you just repeated what he said.

And New was like an info dump. Not fond of those, but it is 12 episodes, so might as well get your watching worth.

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Just letting it sink in Karma.

11. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    And her voice, just doesnt fit Akeno's character. Asia's on the other hand is perfect.

Sir Maddy wrote:
    Hey Kei guess what.
    Marchi isn’t Akeno, and Jad Saxton plays Koneko.
    He wishes Marchi played Akeno, you just repeated what he said. And New was like an info dump. Not fond of those, but it is 12 episodes, so might as well get your watching worth.

A lot will be happening, get used to that but they did spring Xenovia and Irina rather quickly there at the end though.

12. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Azazel has made an appearance in this season. Makes me wonder if Michael will or not at the very end of the season. We also see Irina and Xenovia as well.

13. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm not planning on reading the novels and such when it's just going to be made into the anime that we're watching now. So hopefully no one will post spoilers from the books till we've seen the anime version fully.

Anyway 2nd ep was good, and was getting REAL good when it sadly ended. 5 more days to wait I guess. :( Also, that church and it's members are all crazy, with the exception of a few such as Asia. Guess I'm not too surprised that Xenovia is a devil, but I wonder how she's even IN the church esp since just praying to God for Asia hurts her because she's a devil. Oh and the dragon's powers attract woman...ok, that just stinks, so is it because of Issei himself (Which I thought it was and made me happy) or the dragon's powers? (Kinda ruined my previous belief there) Well, I guess it'll all be answered eventually. Well, at least Issei is aware that Rias is being a bad influence on Asia like I originally said before. Even I was in disbelief that Asia would do such a thing. xD (Even more so since Rias was fine with it and let her join in) Gotta love Issei and his perverted ways. Haha (For the comedy of course)

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    The last episode was good. I'm enjoying it so far.

15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else still watching?

16. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm still watching!

17. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    The fun is just getting started, and I don't mean the fanservice

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I am still watching it too. Also enjoying it. And i also don't mean the fanservice.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    But the fanservice is the best part.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Not. The fights are the best part. The pervert device is funny during a fight though.