Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Here's an odd issue for you guys.

Discussion in 'Tech Temple' started by The7thSeal, Mar 6, 2016.

1. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Now, got my PC set up and working 99%. The only issue is, for some ungodly reason, my file explorer doesn't show with a DVI, but does with VGA. And, interestingly enough, every other program shows in DVI, but not VGA. So, you guys have any idea what's happening here?

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to make sure, which operating system are you using and what brand of video card? (ATI, Intel, nVidia, etc)

If you're using windows, try checking device manager to see if your video card has an issue (drivers out of date, not installed correctly, etc).
    (Windows 10) Win + R, type "control" and click on Device Manager. Find your video card under the "Display adapters" branch. If there is a yellow sign over your display adapter's icon, there is an issue. You might also need to check to see which "monitor" is your primary in Windows and see if it's trying to say you have two connected when you should only have one (if you're only using 1).
    Should be: Control Panel -> Display -> "Change display settings" (link on the right of window).

If you're using nVidia and have GeForce Experience installed, ensure that it was installed correctly. You may need to uninstall the program and the nVidia drivers and reinstall it.

I don't have ATI, but it could be the same way for their program and drivers.

Intel, usually doesn't have an issue but you can uninstall the drivers for it and have Windows acquire drivers for it just to make sure it wasn't the drivers.

Last but not least, check your BIOS settings. Some motherboards allows you to control which display port to use if you have an integrated video port (typically VGA) and a graphics card. Ensure that you are using your graphics card if you have an integrated graphics port on your motherboard.

That's all I can think of to check. @Kiri might have more details, tips and/or tricks you can try. Especially if you're using Linux.