Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Hell Girl Gets New 12-Episode TV Anime in July

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The April issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine will confirm on Friday that a new television anime for the Hell Girl (Jigoku Shōjo) franchise has been green-lit. The new anime is titled Jigoku Shōjo Yoi no Togi. It will have six new episodes and six "reminiscence" episodes, and will premiere in July on MBS, Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11.
    [​IMG]
    The cast members feature returning cast reprising their roles, except for Misaki Watada as Michiru.

The cast includes:
    Mamiko Noto as Ai Enma
    Takayuki Sugo as Wanyuudou
    Takako Honda as Hone-Onna
    Masaya Matsukaze as Ren Ichimoku
    Hekiru Shiina as Yamawaro
    Kanako Sakai as Kikuri
    Misaki Watada as Michiru

Hiroshi Watanabe (Hell Girl: Two Mirrors scriptwriter, Hell Girl: Three Vessels director) is again credited for the original concept. Takahiro Omori, the director of the first Hell Girl anime as well as Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, is returning to direct the anime at Studio DEEN. Also returning are Mariko Oka, Kenichi Kanemaki, and Yasuharu Takanashi for character designs, series composition, and music, respectively.

Stories in the Hell Girl franchise usually begin with bullied or tormented people accessing the Hell Correspondence website, allowing them to submit a request to eliminate the person tormenting them. It is then that Ai Enma, the titular Hell Girl, appears, and gives these people a doll that, once pulled, sends their tormentor to Hell, where Enma and her companions proceed to enact karmic torment on the doomed person. The catch is that the person who originally sent the request will be sent to hell as well.

Studio DEEN debuted the first Hell Girl television anime series in 2005. The series received two subsequent television anime sequels in 2006 and 2008, as well as a live-action television series adaptation in 2006. The anime also received the manga adaptation by Miyuki Etoo, as well as two other manga adaptations named Shin Jigoku Shōjo (New Hell Girl) in 2009, and Jigoku Shōjo Enma Ai Selection Geki Kowa Story (Hell Girl: Enma Ai Selection, Super Scary Story) in 2014. The manga is also getting a Kessakusen Kachōfūgetsu volume, which compiles popular chapters from Etoo's manga adaptation of the earlier anime, and will bundle a booklet of production designs for the new anime.

Funimation released the first series on DVD in North America in 2007. Sentai Filmworks released Hell Girl: Two Mirrors, the second season, on DVD in 2010. Sentai Filmworks also released Hell Girl: Three Vessels, the third season, in the same year on DVD. Del Rey published the first Hell Girl manga in seven volumes.

The franchise inspired a stage play last November.​

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight, @Noobs, & @Kaede we now got a confirmation on how many episodes the new television anime for Hellgirl will contain. I hope they can achieve what you want to see within those 12 episodes, unless it's a part one set up for another 12 or more episodes which I consider to be highly unlikely.​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    they have kikuri but no tsugumi. pffft

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I completely agree with Noobs, Keeping Kikuri [and Yamawaro who I completely forgot about but did like some of his backstory] seems like a bit of a mistake. She was a little annoying and played the fool when the show almost always kept a serious tone.

But I am concerned. They said reminiscent episodes, that sounds like a fancy way of saying either recap or flashback. I hope not but we'll have to see. It has been a while since I've watched the franchise so I might not mind a recap episode.

One question, who the hell is Michiru? I don't remember a Michiru and even searching MAL I come up with nothing. Or was that stating that there will be one new main character or is that the girl from the 3rd season?

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh look I double posted, definitely worth it. @Noobs @Kaede there is a mini trailer out for it and I am already missing this show even more now. Can't wait for it. Those despairing faces, those signs of torment, "Ippen Shinde Miru" so good.

Also I may have got an answer to my question, the name that doesn't appear in MAL's database for this show is probably the new character in the promotional picture.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    da hek happend to the animation. i know change goes with innovation but the art style and character design bugs the hek of me.

this. what a waste of 6 episodes if its all about recaps and addition of sub plot points. anOVA/special/pilot or 2 episodes will do if its about recaps to refresh the audience. the only thing im excited about now is what of enmas future. the last season ended with her contracted to hell for eternity. i wonder if the hew episodes will break her from that.

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You know, I don't see too much of a difference. Maybe they are higher quality since better options are available now than when Hell girl first aired. Or am I just too absorbed in the people being tormented to care what they look like? Seen has been mostly on a roll lately, I hope this keeps up for this show.

I won't say her future is all I'm looking forward to seeing but it is something that I hope gets a larger focus. I doubt it though. The emotions she had during the first season's final episodes are great. The end of season two had some of the best episodes, wholly shit that town. I forget most of S3.... I don't think I'm missing out on much by doing so.

You know who I want back. That boy that wanted to fight Ai in the first season, Hellboy. He said he had climbed out of hell before so lets see him do it again. I'll forgive recap episodes if it leads to his or other important characters returning.