Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Hardest Game on Hardest Difficulty?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Timekeeper, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Title says it all. What's the hardest game you've ever played on the hardest difficulty?

Normally I'd say something from the Souls franchise, but my answer will surprise you:

Game: Call of Duty 3

Honestly, a lot of people give Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty 4 with the Mile High Club merit for their difficulty, but COD 3 is the one Call of Duty game where I refused to carry on on the veteran difficulty. Many reasons:

1. Endless spawning of enemies
    2. Sometimes invincible enemies (even with headshots)
    3. HORRIBLE glitching
    4. Some enemies can apparently shoot me through walls

And unlike the Souls franchise where 99% of the deaths are caused by your own stupidity, 99% of the deaths on Call of Duty 3's veteran are caused by glitches and bullshit

Also, I don't wanna hear any "maybe you just suck at it" comments. If you don't believe me, go play the game for yourself. See how many controllers you smash to bits

• Like Like x 1
  2. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    The hardest game on the hardest difficulty for me would probably have to be the Evil Within.
    1.Low amount of Ammo
    2.Everything kills you in one hit.
    3.Some parts have so much enemies that you have to either kill them all or survive a certain amount of time and the amount of space you have is small so dodging is difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Did you ever clear it or did you suffer from Flying/Broken Controller Syndrome?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I am still trying to beat it on the hardest difficulty but my brother gave up on one part of the game where the space is so small and the enemies seem like they spawn endlessly and having near zero ammo makes it near impossible and you have to protect a npc while he opens a door and the enemies can kill him but he doesn't die in one hit you just have to survive long enough to get through the door. There is also a boss that caused me to nearly break my controller because if you miss a single shot or dodge you either die or you don't have the ammo to fight it. I have to take long breaks from it to not be frustrated with the game.

5. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Try Call of Duty World at War on veteran. Specifically Heart of the Reich. I'm pretty sure they threw more grenades in that level than in actual WWII

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I guess for me it would be Tales of Symphonia on Mania mode.

1: Enemies hit twice as hard
    2: They have triple the amount of HP

I don't normally play games on the hardest difficulty so this was the only one I could think of, since I tried it. Never beat it on mania. Beat it on hard though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Metal Gear Rising: the Revengeance difficulty. Had to access it by putting in a cheat code. The first level, the introduction, was impossible. The only way I could get past the first group of enemies was by prolonging the slow motion and slicing them dozens of times before they would die. Pretty much, I exploited an error or oversight.
    After that level, it got easier, since Raiden's real controls went into effect.

I was never able to find it, but for Quake 1, the nightmare mode was so hard it was hidden from the player. Gonna have to try that soon.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Even the instruction manual (I think I still have it lol) says it was hidden on purpose so "people don't wander into it by accident"
    Or something like that. Actually you could wonder into it by accident depending on how you...maneuver your player.

I got one, Halo 2 on Legendary. To this day I never beat it. What pissed me off was that the coop mode made it impossible since if one person died you had to restart the entire checkpoint. Unlike the behavior from Halo 1 where one person could "spawn camp" away from the battle while the other person suicides and wore the enemy down.

Hey I admit using that strategy. Doesn't mean the fix for it was to punish both players. Should have simply disabled the respawn until the enemy was cleared in the area.

9. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I read that part on the Wiki.
    Think it's supposed to be located [CENSORED] the [CENSORED][CENSORED]. You just have to [CENSORED] to get to it.

I tried doing Halo Reach on the harder settings, with skulls on, in an attempt to get more experience for the sole purpose of getting the mostly-visor helmet like Emile's. Gave up, since it was taking forever offline.

10. Malchediel Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Try legendary firefights modified with most of the skulls and increased health, damage, and shield resistance. The more skulls and the longer you play, the better. Also, playing against someone increases how much you get per game.

11. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    A small note:

This achievement took me and my mates quite a while to do. Well worth it though

• Like Like x 1
  12. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think the only thing on that list I could not do was play against someone, since offline is in my realm of gaming. Could do split screen against my brother, but he only wants to do co-op.
    Too late now, since the game data is no longer on the console. Sure I could restart, but it will take awhile to get back to where I was.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Let's be fair the only reason that game is so hard is because the hallways are unusually narrow and the camera is practically shoved up the main characters ass. Which REALLY limits what you can see. Other then his very valumptuous ass. I play a lot of survival horror so I just tend to run from bad situations.

Sidenote.

The hardest game for me on the hardest difficulty is metro 2033 redux. I play Survival and Hardcore Ranger. Basically I never have the bullets to actually fight my way through a lot so I practically run from everything after a while. And hope npc friends have shooty gun and can kill monsters for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I usually play my video games on the highest difficulty to begin with (Which is why I can't play games like Dark Souls or Fire Emblem because I rage-quit). But I think the game I had the hardest trouble with but persevered through was Tales of Xillia 2. The HP buffs and the damage spikes I could live with; they all just did to increase the length of the battle and instilled fear of timing your guards and dodges correctly. And to be honest, I've long since gotten used to the mechanics since I've done it with almost every other Tales game. But Tales of Xillia 2 was the only one I couldn't even clear on Hard without grinding to the cap level and work around certain short-comings.

But the reason behind my inability is something far too stupid. It was simply because they gave an end-game leveled boss a heal. I really don't think any boss in any game should have a heal; I'd rather it have three times it's intended health than any sort of healing ability. But I would be fine with a one-time heal, or one with a very long cool-down, or even one that can easily be negated by bursting them down at the right time. But this boss has an un-disrupt-able heal that they can spam at-will that heals a percentage of their health per second of channel. Granted their vulnerable during the channel and they cannot attack back, the fact that a fight can go 30 minutes in and the boss can be at 10% health and then proceed to heal to full by simply spamming the move over the next couple minutes is a major flaw in the design.

The only way I could counter this was make sure all of maximized characters focused and tunneled their assault onto the boss at every second of the fight and keep the momentum going by making sure no one ran out of spell power as they fed it into the unflinching boss. It was one of the must frustrating fights of my life and it wasn't even the final boss.

That was quite a little rant I started to go on, but I was really peeved at that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sleipmon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The Megaman Battle Network Series I never beat a single one of those games. I got to just before the End boss but it never went well.
    I'm replaying the first which by the way I got stuck on the electric stage as a kid for a few years. Stupid invisible paths. As an adult who had all but forgot that stage it took me less than an hour...

I've been grinding a lot to get as many battle chips as I can.

16. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I wish there were more of those. Loved 'em. I beat 1-6, though I have not played all of the variants (white, blue).
    The first thing that got to me was when there would be one boss after the other. That got me screwed for awhile.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sleipmon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yeah they need more love

18. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Agreed.
    As for games that are similar, Megaman Starforce is the closest thing I know of. Very much like Battle Network, with slightly reduced movement. Turns out, it is not quite that bad, even with the slight loss of movement (less squares to move on.
    It did mot seem like it was as difficult as Battle Network though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Ninja Gaiden II: Path of the Master Ninja.
    Let me just start by saying this; Ninja Gaiden II's Easy mode is the equivalent of most games Hard. Path of the Master Ninja is three difficulty levels up from this. THREE! The mode is so painfully difficult that getting past the first ever encounter in the game is like facing a god damned Raid Boss.

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Quake 3 on Nightmare mode.
    I managed to beat the first, second and last levels, that's it so far. I was only able to beat the last one because I memorized Xaero's patterns. Direct contact would only get me double-tapped... with a Railgun... at any range.

• Like Like x 1