Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vapen, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Vapen Probably Asleep

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    “I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,” Downes said. “I wouldn’t expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2.”
    True or False, What do you think? Excited for Halo 2 Anniversary? Annoyed you have to wait for Halo 5?
    I don't know who are Halo fans here, but either way I'll get both!

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/13/breaking-voice-of-master-chief-confirms-halo-2-anniversary-says-halo-5-won-t-release-this-year

2. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    After many consecutive disappointments with recent entries in the franchise and an utter lack of consideration for PC fans, I have long since given up on Halo.

3. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I dont think 2 will quite get the attention that the first one did. I don't think the tech/visual gap was quite as significant as the first. As for 5 let them take their time.

4. Vapen Probably Asleep

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    After many consecutive disappointments with recent entries in the franchise and an utter lack of consideration for PC fans, I have long since given up on Halo.

If they made it more for PC, I'd feel more obligated to upgrade my PC. Right now it barely runs Starcraft 2, so I need to upgrade soon regardless.

I dont think 2 will quite get the attention that the first one did. I don’t think the tech/visual gap was quite as significant as the first. As for 5 let them take their time.

There are a lot of people out there that do say Halo 2 is still the best of all the Halos, but as you say, it may not be as big as the first one. I'd be more for the Halo 2 maps to come back as dark as they use to be over the brighter remakes that have come out in recent years.
    Taking their time with Halo 5 is a good thing. That gives them time to fine tune everything and make it a better experience.

Edit: Looks like He just retracted Halo 2 Anniversary:

"I did an interview recently and I'm afraid my comments regarding H2 were misunderstood. Just to clarify; I have no idea and no inside info on if or when there will be an H2 anniversary edition. The only official source for that, that I know of is Waypoint."

5. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Halo 1 & 2 were my favorites. The series in general is my favorite series ever. I'd love to see a Halo 2 Anniversary edition :p but it probably would be Xbox One only :(

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0

I'm kind of burned out with Halo. To this day I still like Halo 1 the best. I remember making a joke with my friends long ago (around when Call of Duty 2 was big news), that one day Halo would be renamed Call of Halo or Halo Duty. They laughed at me then but not lauging now. I must have remarkable foresight to see the direction the series ultimately went.

Of course I could be mad that they nerfed the scoped pistol. I could 3 shot head shot everybody like a boss man.

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Halo 1 & 2 were my favorites. The series in general is my favorite series ever. I’d love to see a Halo 2 Anniversary edition [​IMG] but it probably would be Xbox One only [​IMG]

I've noticed.  =P

I agree, 1 and 2 were probably the best.  I thought 4 was handled the best of the recent entries in the series, however.  I'm honestly not a Halo fan, I feel they're just kicking a long dead horse by now, milking it for every last dollar they can get.  I could be wrong and they may actually care for the franchise but, when I've played the games, it just doesn't feel that way.  It feels like a half-way competent shooter that exists solely as a cash cow.

So, no.  I'm not excited for Halo 2 anniversary or Halo 5.  I, personally, think they should just quit while they're ahead, with the latest success of semi-decent Halo 4, and kill the series now.  But maybe Halo 5 will blow my mind, I'm just not holding my breath.

8. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy I'm burned out by Halo as well, which is sad, because it used to be one of my all-time favorite shooters. First game is definitely the best. Halo 2, while a disappointment compared to the bar set by its E3 demo, was still a solid addition to the series, but everything after that has mostly felt formulaic and uninspired to me. I think they need to put it on hold for a while and give us a breather until they have something actually worthwhile and new to present. Also Microsoft needs time to pull the stick out of their butt over the failure of Halo 2 Vista and start producing proper PC ports again, because I aint touching the Xbox One with a ten foot pole.