Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Half The Year Is Pretty Much Gone. Let's Check On Dal's Bold Prediction's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DubAnimeLover, Jun 30, 2022.

1. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I know this forum is pretty much dead but I feel like doing this anyway.

So at the end of last year... in my thread for my personal awards for Anime of the Year (AOTY) and Game of the Year (GOTY) I also gave 'bold predictions' for things that I thought would happen in the next year. In 2022.

Tomorrow is July 1st. Obviously. Half the year will have officially gone by. Let's check up on them and how I've done thus far.

1. Digimon Survive will FINALLY come out (I don't have a guess as to when. But I think it'll finally happen. All signs point toward this way at least)

Outcome: CORRECT. It was announced during that one week in April when a lot of gaming stuff was put out randomly

2. Final Fantasy XVI will come out (maybe; release window: idk... November? Sure let's go with that)

Outcome: INCORRECT. During the State of Play at the beginning of this month... the release date was confirmed to be Summer of 2023

3. The 2022 Pokemon game will be Generation 9 (release: October/November 2022. No I don't know what the region will be based off of or what the starters will be like. But this is the only thing that makes logical sense to me)

Outcome: CORRECT. Announced during the Pokemon Day Pokemon Presents in February.

4. Kingdom Hearts IV will be announced (release window: 2023)

Outcome: CORRECT. Announced during the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event. No release window. But it was overall correct

5. Persona 6 will be announced (release window: 2023)

Outcome: UNKNOWN. More on stuff like this in a bit.

6. Sonic Frontiers will be the first decent Sonic game in potentially a decade (hard maybe)

Outcome: UNKNOWN. It's not out yet. But opinions have been mixed. I still feel this way (obviously) and still think the potential of this game is UNREAL... but I wouldn't be surprised if Sega gives up on this franchise for good and no longer makes anymore Sonic games if this doesn't me their expectations. Which... are already too high tbh

7. WWE will go the way of WCW (idk when it will happen. But I'll say it'll happen sometime next year)

Outcome: UNKNOWN (but extremely unlikely). This was mostly me being angry. I'm not expecting this to turn out correct.

So in summary... I'm 3/7 so far with only one bold predictions being incorrect. There are still unknowns though. Those being, of course, numbers 5, 6, and 7. It's now impossible for me to be 7/7 with the FF16 prediction being incorrect and number 7 just me being angry. Which leaves 5 and 6.

I'm less and less confidant about Persona 6 getting announced the more time goes on. But we'll see. I don't know what happened to their 'announcement every month' they said for the anniversary but it could still happen as a sort of 'final' announcement. I'm not going to retract this because I don't want to be a hypocrite. But do I expect this to happen? Well... honestly... not really.

As for Sonic Frontiers... I kind of already said it above. There are a lot of mixed opinions about this and most of them are bad. Some of the stuff they've shown for it recently made up for it (particularly the segment it got in the Nintendo Direct Mini) but it might be too little too late and the damage has already been done. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. So say RIP to the Sonic franchise and Sonic games period at this point I guess. I still intend on playing the game though and in all likelihood... my opinion on it will be the opposite of the majority opinion on it. Which will be that it's AMAZING.

And the WWE thing was just me being angry. Likely not happening. Unless the Vince McMahon story gets so bad that they have to sell the company immediately and the person it's sold to wants nothing to do with it so it just goes out of business. Technically possible (because anything is possible) but extremely unlikely.

Hmm?

Bold Predictions for 2023? Yes I have some.....

No I'm not giving you any. Wait until the end of the year.

>_>

:oops: