Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Guillermo Del Toro Shares 'Hard Facts' About Hellboy 3

Discussion in 'Movie and Television News' started by BK-201, Jul 20, 2015.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Guillermo Del Toro Shares 'Hard Facts' About Hellboy 3
    'It's a little beyond Kickstarter...'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]20 July 2015 | Written by Owen Williams | Source: The Daily Beast

[​IMG]

A week on from Comic-Con and the news is still coming. We brought you a report from Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak panel, but of course, behind the scenes, people continued to ask the director about the possibility of Hellboy 3.

“The hard fact is that the movie’s going to need about $120 million and there’s nobody knocking down our doors to give it to us,” he told The Daily Beast. "It’s a little beyond Kickstarter. It would be great to complete the trilogy, but in a way I don’t see the world — the industry — supporting that idea.”

Spanners in the Hellboy works have been reported before, with del Toro blaming tough production and writing processes, and Big Red himself Ron Perlman: "He's doing Sons Of Anarchy without make-up. He's spoiled!"

The key statement was probably the director's heartfelt "I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending," but he still maintained that he "would love to do it." Perlman too, has been happy to whip up some hype whenever the opportunity has arisen. Studio Legendary have, apparently, intimated that they might take a look at Hellboy 3 if del Toro's Pacific Rim 2 is a hit.

“But you know, Ron is no spring chicken," grins the mischievous Del Toro now, "so we’d better get to it before Hellboy has to do everything from a BarcaLounger." He adds, "I would watch that.”

Elsewhere, del Toro confirms that he had to pass on DC's Justice League Dark in favour of the aforementioned Pacific Rim sequel. "Warners liked the script," he says. "They were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2. I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2.”

Crimson Peak though, did happen, and is out in the UK on October 16. For more on that, click here.