Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

[Guide] Uploading animated gif AVIs

Discussion in 'Creative Design' started by Kiri, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    This guide will explain how to successfully upload an animated .gif AVI on JDO. Please note while the following will give you a better success rate, I can not guarantee every animated .gif image will work. The following guidelines are what I've tested and should work. Please note animated AVIs only display on profile pages and posts. Everywhere else will bee static. (I'm working to get the AVI on the main page to be animated).
    • Image can not be any larger than 180x180. Any larger and the image will become static.
    • Low number of frames. This varies from image to image, so I can't give an exact number, but under 50 is what I've tested and works.
    • Image must show as animated on your profile page. If it's static, the upload resulted in a resizing.
    Some images just refuse to work. This is how the image is made and may need to be edited/resaved to work, even if it meets the guidelines above.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.