Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Gintama Anime to Air Reruns With New Opening, Ending Songs Starting in April

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This year's 17th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that, starting on April 2, the Gintama. anime will begin airing rerun episodes with the title Yorinuke Gintama.-san (similar to the title of rerun of the show that aired from April 2010 to 2011, titled Yorinuki Gintama.-san). The rerun will have new opening and ending songs, and will feature comments by the cast of the upcoming live-action film.

A previous issue of Weekly Shonen Jump confirmed the new opening and ending theme songs earlier this month. CHICO with Honeyworks (Ao Haru Ride, Magic Kaito 1412) will perform the opening theme song "Kyō mo Sakura Mau Akatsuki ni," (Today is Another Dawn Where Cherry Blossoms Dance), and XY will perform the series' new ending theme "We Gotta Fight."
    [​IMG]
    CHICO with Honeyworks performed the opening theme song "Pride Kakumei" for the fourth television anime season of Gintama. XY is debuting this year, and "We Gotta Fight" is the rock group's debut song.

The show's 327th episode teased an important announcement on the next episode on March 26.

Chizuru Miyawaki is returning from the fourth Gintama. television anime to direct the ongoing fifth series, and Shinji Takeuchi is returning to design the characters and serve as chief animation director. Yoichi Fujita (first three Gintama. anime, Gintama: The Movie) is supervising the anime as he did for the fourth anime.

Hideaki Sorachi began the original manga in 2004 and it continues to be ranked among the top-selling manga in Japan. Viz Media published the first 23 volumes in English. Shueisha published the manga's 67th volume in Japan on December 31, and will publish the 68th volume on April 4. The manga entered its final arc last July.​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Batosai I still haven't caught up, and likely won't for more than a week... I want to watch Gintama damn it. Although I had heard that it was going to air reruns again. So turns out the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing what they do for the new themes rather than another season already. I wanted even more Gintama to watch, not just new themes damn it. But you can bet I'll search for them regardless like I did with the 8 or so Yorinuki Gintama themes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Pity.. Positive side of this is probably that we'll be even happier when new episodes air whenever that may be. I want more Gintama too :(