Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Laximus, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain - The anime's story is set in 2027, one year after the end of the fourth non-nuclear war. New Port City is still reeling from the war's aftermath when it suffers a bombing caused by a self-propelled mine. Then, a military member implicated in arms-dealing bribes is gunned down. During the investigation, Public Security Section's Daisuke Aramaki encounters Motoko Kusanagi, the cyborg wizard-level hacker assigned to the military's 501st Secret Unit. Batou, a man with the "eye that does not sleep," suspects that Kusanagi is the one behind the bombing. The Niihama Prefectural Police detective Togusa is pursuing his own dual cases of the shooting death and a prostitute's murder. Motoko herself is being watched by the 501st Secret Unit's head Kurutsu and cyborg agents.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:2 Ghost Whispers - Second movie of Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Freed of her responsibilities with the 501 Organization, Motoko Kusanagi must now learn how to take orders from Aramaki. Someone hacks the Logicomas, and Batou enlists the help of former army intelligence officer Ishikawa and former air artillery expert Borma. Kusanagi also seeks to enlist ace sniper Saito and undercover cop Paz into the new Public Security Section 9. The two groups rival each other in a case involving a man who receives false memories of a refugee transport operation.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3 - Ghost Tears
    - Third movie of Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Motoko and Batou work to try to stop a terrorist organization whose symbol is the Scylla. Meanwhile, Togusa investigates a murder of a man who possessed a prosthetic leg manufactured by the Mermaid's Leg corporation.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:4 - Ghost Stands Alone - The story of this fourth installment takes place amidst signs of postwar reconstruction in the winter of 2028. Tensions are rising in New Port City as demonstrations are held concerning the interests of foreign cartels. This leads to a shooting incident involving riot police. It all started with a cyberbrain infection released by the terrorist "Fire Starter." An independent offensive unit led by Makoto Kusanagi entrusts the suppression of the situation to their ghosts and aims for their own justice. Below the surface of the incident, lies the "tin girl" Emma and the "scarecrow man" Burinda Junior. As Kusanagi deals with the incident, she draws near to what those two ghosts were seeking.

What do you Justdubians think of Ghost in the Shell: Arise?​

#1 Laximus, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    According to my MAL I have seen all of them. But, to be perfectly, I can't really remember the last two in the series. I guess this one wasn't as good as Stand Alone Complex =/

3. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Honestly, I didn't like how Saito was portrayed in Arise. In S.A.C., he was cool, calm, low key, not a lazy, greedy, back stabbing asshole. Other than that, Arise was an ok anime.