Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Games you wish were localized

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Core, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Are there any games you wish were localized for your area, or at least in a language you know?

This is something that really hit me when I played Phantasy Star Portable, both 1 and 2. I learned there was a Phantasy Star Infinity, which was the second Phantasy Star Portable with an extra race, episode and more style with the weapons. I was frustrated, and the fact that Sega has been neglecting english releases has frustrated me when it came to Valkyrie Chronicles 3. I have not bothered playing that series for that reason. And to ad to that, Phantasy Star Nova was made for Vita, without an english translation.
    Chances are, Sega will not be releasing these games in english, or have decided to save that for later. Much later.
    Enough of that microrant.

Anyway, here is something that really had me shaking my head in confusion and had me laughing.
    Has anyone heard of Metal Wolf Chaos?
    [​IMG]
    I came across this when I saw an article about games that would have been wanted for an English release. I saw this character on the cover before, when it was mixed in with a bunch of Mechwarrior wallpapers. From what I understand, play as the 47(?) president of the united states. The Vice President has overthrown the President, who barely managed to escape in his Metal Wolf micromech. Now the President must fight back and take down the Vice President. Of course, the military is against the president, since the VP managed to turn the military against the President.
    That is the basic idea of this game. What gets me is, this game was made for Japan. No plans for selling to outside countries. And yet, this game has full voice acting, IN ENGLISH. That is what struck me. So that would mean I could play this game, and figure out the story, but it is a Japanese game. And if I am not mistaken, it was made only on XBOX, which I think is a western console. Something else that is originally or primarily non-Japanese.

But then, I guess I should not think too much of it.

I understand that most of us here on the forum come from different places, so our wants on what we want localized could differ somewhat.

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much anything that Falcom puts out now, but it looks like they got some good backup there.

Haven't ever seen that strange robot game. Oh man, for a moment I thought someone equipped the Weltall mech with weapons. Upon closer inspections it's different from Alpha Weltall though... Almost lost my mind there, thought a Xenogears game flew under my radar.
    :cough:

Anyway speaking of mecha games, what's the name of that video game series that crames together all kinds of mechs in some kind of battles ystem? It's like a crazy crossbreeding of all the games featuring mechs. It even pits characters from different animes and games together in a mix-match of...stuff.

Super Robot Wars?

3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I could not find or think of any game like that.
    I only came across the game I mentioned earlier when I looked up White Glint's cameo appearance in a certain pixel game, which also displayed a lot of other characters from nonlocalized games, which led to me finding Metal wolf Storm.

4. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Valkyria Chronicles 3. And while im wishing, put 2 and 3 on console.

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I wish that there were more Gundam games. I remember trying one on PS3, and I liked it. But there are so many that were not localized.

6. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition. An anime crossover fighting game.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. I still can't believe they didn't localize this because of feminists.

these games getting American releases would go a long way toward me getting a PS4, but I doubt either of them ever will.

7. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Still playable at least. You can import the game with English subtitles and enjoy the "action" since its not region locked.

8. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I'm not gonna buy a PS4 so I can import games. Also I'm used to the English voices so I don't think I'd enjoy the game subbed.

9. bewbdestroya I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for PS4. Played it in Japanese and obviously my Japanese sucks so I wasn't able to understand most parts of it, but from what I've seen, it's an absolutely fantastic game. Ys is way too underrated and definitely deserves more attention and credit.

10. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    The Tales of crossover games. The first Tales of World one was released in America with subtitles for the PSP. Also there's the phone game Tales of Heros which is well... a phone game.

I really enjoyed the PSP one but the PSP is an annoying system. It took forever to load and you could hear the system making whirling noises all the time... including during cutscenes.

There are other Tales of World games as well as Tales of Twin Blades. Tales games are well received so I'm not sure why other crossovers can't be brought over. If it's licensing then don't dub it. I mean they licensed the first so it has been done before.

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Star Ocean Blue Sphere and Grandia 3 in Europe.

12. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0

Oooo Grandia 3 was a fun one. Shame they didnt include EU on the ps3 port either.
    [/QUOTE]

13. Phazon I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Phantasy Star Nova on PS Vita.

I really can't believe they didn't localize this. I specifically bought a Vita for this and some other games (FFX, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth)

Hopefully the Switch gets a port of it eventually down the line.

14. Rebecca Fike

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing this, I really want this where I can share my game. Well, I am new here and it is surprising I also like to play a video game. I also used to play on the PS 4 but I used to play a shooter video game.
    I am looking to have this game soon. This is the latest series I guess.