Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Timekeeper, May 1, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Okay, just to clarify, I did not read the books. I've been meaning to....but I never get a chance to go to Barnes and Noble. Sue me.

With that said, what does everyone think of the current season so far and what are your predictions for this season? Also, to be courteous to anyone who hasn't caught up yet, put any posts you think contain spoilers in a....well....spoiler

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Timekeeper I'd say I'm roughly on chapter 12 of the first book. I'm listening to it on audiobook. You can torrent it on KAT.

This season is shaping to to be really good. That last episode in particular one of of the better ones that I've seen in a while. On countdown for tonight episode. 25 mins to go!

3. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Last week's episode wasn't as exciting as the week before, but great all the same. A few questions need to be answered before I'm satisfied, but I'm pretty sure HBO will be able to do that with no issues

Looking forward to tonight's episode

4. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic since I don't have the power. Shouldn't this be moved to the movies and television section?

5. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    So I watched the newest episode of GoT a few hours ago and well...

Last summer I bought my brother a t-shirt like this with the exact wording as a birthday present

I kinda feel bad now

6. HarleyQuinn73 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The last episode raped me emotionally.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Now that they have outpaced the books they are free to continue at such a great pace. I feel like for once this show is finally done messing around and is finally pushing the story forward at a better rate.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Wait it passed the books now? Lol and here I am getting mad that I have no idea what's supposed to come after the last book.
    I don't know if it's worth watching all of these episodes though just to get more information. Maybe I'll just read up the plot that's supposed to happen.

9. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    From what I've heard from the people who've read the books they're sort of doing what Studio Bones did with Fullmetal Alchemist's first series: they're making up their own plot. Seeing as they don't have enough material from the books and people are demanding more, it's only natural that they'd go their own way before fans bulldoze the HBO broadcasting building.

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Well, the show runners sat down with GRRM and he gave them a bunch of material to work with that he has planned for the next book. The in-between is more than likely madeup but the end results are the same. And keep in mind that there is madeup stuff for the storylines they didn't want to follow and stuff that is changed entirely. So we really don't have a clue how the books will turn out.

11. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The TV series had varied from the books a great deal anyway, no mention of certain characters (e.g.Lady stone Heart and the BlackFyres) and certain characters weren't killed off
    (e.g. The king of Dorne, he actually has a way better storyline in the book)
    so an alternate path to the ending was inevitable. However, what I want to know is whether the TV show will go far enough to place a different person on the Iron Throne as the books, I seriously doubt it since they discussed the story with GRRM, but having two different people on the throne and two completely different endings would be cool in my books (pun intended).

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    The books will never be finished anyway. I really need some kind of conclusion, what's the deal with Jon Snow anyway? Is that crazy theory with Dany legit? Man I saw that coming from day one and thought it was a red herring to throw me off.

And yet it keeps popping up from what I read. Something about it just didn't agree with my sensibilities. Of course niether did the supernatural elements that the author put into overdrive towards the end.

Also I'm rooting for Ned Stark. What's that about his current condition? Eh, didn't stop anyone else from defying the odds. :p

13. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Ned Stark xD the man behind all those winter is coming memes, really miss that phrase "Winter Is Coming" the amount of times they said that in the first and second season. He probably won't defy the odds because nobody really needs him to achieve their agenda, I mean obviously his family cares about him (whatever is left of his family) but they wouldn't go to the extent of using magic on his body. He doesn't give anyone a strategic advantage or play any major roles in the plot anymore (besides brand's flashbacks, they should really just reveal John's background, the slow reveal is killing me. It's like Ramsay's flaying methods, slowly but surely cracking you from the inside)
    Maybe, snow will bring him back just to keep the promise he made when they went their separate ways. Snow to Castle Black and Ned to King's Landing ^_^

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I see a use... this is what I would do
    Lady Stark (who's zombie Stark now) goes on an out of control rampage on her hell bent quest for revenge. The only way to stop her is to bring back Zombie Ned but that backfires because Ned is the ultimate "For Great Justice!" guy and he maintains sanity even in death. Zombie Ned "puts to rest Lady Stark" and starts to go on a one man quest to kill those just like him. Oh and he kills that red priest women responsible.
    Whatever it is that keeps him walking starts to wear off but not before he's able to reveal the ultimate truth about Jon Snow. Insert crazy plot theory here. He probably reveals it to Stannis since killing the priest women would piss him off. In return for the information about Snow Ned promises to return Arya Stark (Stannis was looking for her right? Memory is failing here...)

Then he rescues Arya because her wolf (which is dead right?) has a spirit form that speaks to the undead Ned. The wolf still follows Arya and so he finds her.
    Ignores Bran, he's okay for now
    Ignores Snow, he's probably okay
    Finds Sansa (her wolf is dead too right?) the same way. If this requirement is not met just ignore this whole point and skip ahead
    Convinces those people under Petyr realm that he's Ned Stark and Sansa blows her cover. Petry gets blamed for playing "games" and gets told to "fly" or whatever it is that kid says when he's having a fit. Best way to kill little finger imo.

Sansa is told to find Stannis as he has information about Jon Snow.

Ned leaves to the North and dies peacefully and finally inside the remains of his castle.

Too far out there huh?
    Yeah well so were the zombies.

15. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy that plot, I love how game of thrones fans make crazy theories that actually sound better than the real show.
    So wait I have a few questions
    Judging by the fact that Lady stone heart and Stannis are alive I'm assuming you're bringing back Ned back somewhere after the red wedding but before Stannis faces the Boltons and gets killed by Brien. I'm not sure he would be able to kill his wife even if she had gone a killing spree, but alright let's say he did since his sense of justice somehow remained after revival (after coming back you lose some of you're previous personality depending on how long back you died, which would also be an issue since he died in the first season) and killed Lady Stark. I would suggest he goes and kills of Waldo Frey, I mean the guy murdered his son at a wedding and killed his to be grandchild. Then he goes and sets things straight with Theon for what he did to the people at Winterfell. If Ned was brought back he would have a bunch of people to kill, Ned Stark goes on a killing spree of Pure Justice. Why did Stannis want Aria though, Aria wasn't in any real danger in the story though. After she got away at Casterly Rock she was pretty much on a quest to become a no face man. I would love to see Ned kill LittleFinger and that annoying brat who listens to everything uncle peter has to say. Sadly, despite the craziness that the zombies brought I doubt Ned would be physically be able to brought back to life, didn't Joeffry put his head through a pike, he probably fed his body to some animals or something. No body = no Ned stark

I really wish prince Obren was brought back to life, he could really change the whole dynamic going on in Doren right now, plus that guy had some kick ass moves with the spear

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I was answered seriously, my mind has blown up
    Wait a minute Stannis is dead?
    How much have I forgotten or was that your theory?
    Um....
    Man I forgot a lot

Change of plans, what happened to Jaime Lannister? I think I can fold him in here somehow, even if he's a zombie. Actually bonus points for being a zombie because killing his sister as a zombie is the best way for her to die. Oh and that female knight that follows him ultimately kills Jaime as a final request duel.
    Or was she dead too? I do remember the book leaving that part on a cliff hanger (which probably means she's not dead...at that point anyway)

Damn zombies George Martin! Why you do this? And yes I know "zombies" aren't the proper term for them but that's how they shaped in my mind and what else do you call something back from the dead?
    At least we don't have sparkly vampires yet.

I just got an idea...
    Ned comes back as a direwolf/werewolf zombie.
    No wait that would fit Bran better probably but without the zombie part
    Okay I'm taking a break from this ;)

17. shifter101 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I was waiting to get on my laptop to respond.
    Yes, Stannis dies. He loses to the Boltons in a war after he burns his own daughter for the God of Light and finds his wife hanged herself in the forest. Then he dies to Brien who finds him wounded in the forest. Jamie is alive so he can't turn into a zombie, woot that guy is pretty cool. Also, I guess instead of calling them zombies you could call them undead :p , pretty out there but yeah.

Ooooooo Ned coming back as a dire wolf that could be awesome. Since some Starks can warp into their Direwolfs, I think Aria did that in the books and Bran does it in the show and books. He comes back as a wolf and gets a pack of wolves as his army. I can see it now, Ned stark and his wolves roam around Westeros killing unjust ppl. Damn this could be a fanfic. What do you think

18. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    We're nearing the end of the seasons folks. Any predictions on who'll die before the season ends?

Here's a few blind predictions of mine:

Sansa
    Yara
    Daario
    Ramsay

19. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Coincidentally, today is not only Father's day, but a new episode of Game of Thrones episode comes out

If you've seen up to season 5, you'll find this joke a bit brutal

[​IMG]

20. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Just finished download Game of Thrones Season 1 to start watching it. Just kept hearing so many good things about the show I broke down and am deciding to watch it.
    I hope i'll enjoy it. Anyway this video showed up in my recommended and it fit this thread so thought why not share it.

• Like Like x 1