Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Game Dev

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Delta, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, Not 100% sure if something like this exists around the site yet but I was wondering if any of you guys had been interested or are interested in game development in any platform?

I use to dev education games and learning environments a couple of years ago using Unity and Unreal engine 4,
    and have dabbled in a little RPG maker XP & VX, played with a few other programs as well over the years.

So if anyone whats to talk development I would like to place this here.

feel free to ask questions if just stopping by too, will try and help if I can.
    (maybe a little rusty)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yori Uchiha Sharingan Master

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I've worked on a game called The Laughing Crow in my game development class for PC using the GameMaker engine. So I guess I'm a little familiar with this stuff as well. Not as much as Delta though.

Well I have one question for Delta though. What language does Unity support?

3. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes I have a team working on a game now. If you are interested we would love to have you aboard. Its sort of a passion project now, but we are hoping to put it on the windows 10/Xbox ONE platforms as an Idie game. I am not going to go into it much more than that here, but if you are interested let me know. That goes for anyone that has experience, or is willing to donate time/resources.

4. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Does modifying games count as game development?

5. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Depends if your making the mods (like making the textures, quests, meshes, and coding tweaks) yourself. Mod authors are definitely practicing game development. However if your just adding the files to your game, that isn't really development.

6. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Well then I have many stories to tell that go back before I was a signature maker all the way back to 2007 is when I started it all.
    Guitar Hero 2 custom tracks was my first ever modification in a game that started it all after that I messed with codes till 09 when Left 4 Dead was around and made my first re-texture.
    After sometime I got into modding xbox 360 games with the first being Halo 3 using ascension (yes I even messed with Halo CE and Halo 2 on pc before hand halo 2 was the bomb lol) I had great times messing with that game. After sometime I met a group by the name DCP we went on a hacking spree with Gears of War 3 (search Gears of War 3 mods DCP in google) man It was an amazing time with those guys we still talk till this day!
    Once more I started modding little projects here and there till I hit my first biggest successful mod!
    GTA 5 came out on 360 and the modding race started for every hacker. I did a major one which was.... First Person mode and it hit big, I was shock to find out the next generation GTA 5 will have first person mode. haha
    Proof, Look at the date I released it. The someone released a video on the matter that made me happy! The owner of the youtube channel linked me to a kotaku showcasing it as well.
    However I was not alone two other modders improved it so I have to mention them too.
    I guess that wraps it up I mean I did texture mods for tons of games like my favorite Resident Evil. :)
    Right now here is what I'm working on for the game Senran kagura 2 for 3ds, I'm adding more better items and models that represent other anime series. In the image I'm switching out a hairstyle with Yoko's. Sadly I don't have time for this as I'm busy with other stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Bonus from the past:
    Finding the hex values of Revelations 2 when the game was coming out in episodes to find hidden content and or hacks.
    [​IMG]
    My best re-texture ever for Revelations 1 for Jill.
    [​IMG]

7. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well then, we need someone with your experience on our team. If your okay with working on this as a passion project (with a real monetary reward if the game actually gets done, and also your name in the credits) then I am prepared to offer you a job with Shadow Tower Studios. This also goes to you as well Delta, we are currently using Unity, so anyone with experience in that is welcome.
    You just have to understand that this is a gamble, we aren't paying anyone until the game launches, or we get investors.

8. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun give me time to clear up my work schedule, I'll pm you till then.

9. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah okay. I will send you the invite to the skype chat, you can accept whenever your ready

10. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    As for programming language C# or Java Script drivitive called Unityscript.
    Both have there pros and cons.

Blaze I thank you for the offer but I have been out of the dev game for a few years and would need to retrain a bit before I could be any use plus I don't have a lot of free time on my hands these days. will see what i have and will get back to you.

Crazy I didn't know you worked so well with 3D modeling could of used you telent a few years ago.

if any one was wondering I was 19 when I had that Job, I'm 23 now