Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Funimation Licenses Wolf's Rain Anime

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Funimation announced on Friday that it has licensed the Wolf's Rain television anime series and will release the series in February on home video.

Funimation will release Wolf's Rain in a complete series collection with all 26 episodes (including the 4 OVAs) on a Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack on February 7. The release will include Japanese and English audio with English subtitles.
    [​IMG]
    Funimation describes the series:
    Paradise—a legend, a myth, and a hopeless dream in a world that has become a wasteland. It is not meant for everyone, only the wolves thought to be extinct yet still roam the lands. When the Flower Maiden awakens, the path to the end will open.

Kiba, a lone white wolf, wanders into a poverty stricken city on a quest. The scent of Lunar Flowers and the will to find Paradise is all he has. Along the way, he runs into other outcast wolves—Tsume, Hige, and Toboe, each with their own story and troubles. Fate bringing them together, they seek out the Flower Maiden, Cheza, and their way to Paradise. But, doing so is no simple matter. Up against a world that fears them and a man with mysterious abilities, their journey is overrun with challenges and worse—sacrifices. With limited time, they must fight to protect Cheza against everyone who seeks her and discover the hidden path to their destiny.

This group of broken souls will form a pack and take their journey to the doors of Paradise. But is it worth the end of the world?

BONES' Wolf's Rain series originally aired in 2003, and Bandai Entertainment released the series on DVD between 2004-2009. Cartoon Network premiered the series in 2004.​

2. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well this is nice news. I'm kinda irritated as I recently tracked down and purchased Bandai's Anime Legends of this series on DVD home video. I may have to purchase Funimation's Blu-ray release as I enjoyed this anime classic. Especially considering that all 4 OVA's will be included. But then what would I do with my Anime Legends copy which is practically brand new? Hmm...

As something special to share with you all here is the old Trailer and old Adult Swim Promo that was launched back when it was previously airing.

#2 Vladnyx, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016