Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Flash Reviews

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by BK-201, Oct 20, 2013.

1. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Seen a film recently? Why not write a quick review for? Put down your thoughts about the film and a score.

Please avoid spoilers or put them in a spoiler tag.

2. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I have a few for you BK, just don't expect anything in great detail.

After Earth - 6/10

The film overall was alright. There was a nice concept, but I feel the delivery was a bit lacking.

This is the End - 6/10

All the actors/actresses play as themselves and make a few references to other films they have been in. Overall, funny most the way through.

The Purge - 7/10

The concept was really good. I liked the idea behind this film. The execution could have been a bit a better, but there were a few plot twists that I didn't expect.

R.I.P.D - 8/10

Funny and exciting. There was enough action to keep my attention and the partnership of the two officers was fun. I wouldn't be surprised if a second one is made a few years from now, but I the same could be said if one didn't get made too.

Pacific Rim - 9/10

I was really looking forward to this movie when it came out. There was action, giant mecha fights, and monsters from another dimension. There's also one scene were you can hear GLaDOS's voice. Needless to say I fangirled a bit when I heard her voice in the film.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    After Earth – 6/10

Yeah, I had higher hopes for this one. Especially with how overly hyped it was during production. Just didn't live up to what I had expected.

4. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Good Morning, Vietnam - 4/5

Just watched this one the other night as a break between all the horror stuff I'm watching. If you haven't seen this, and you're as much of a fan of Robin Williams as I am, then you should definitely watch it. A nice mix of his brand of humour and some melancholic drama centered around the war.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I can't believe I gave After Earth a 6/10. That shit deserved a 2/10 lol

6. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You're Next - 3/5

A nice twist on the slasher genre of horror films, but outside of the premise I didn't find it particularly memorable.

The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears - 2/5

While I was impressed by the various camera techniques at play here, the abstracts themes contained therein felt repetitive and boring. The violent and sexual nature of men and women have been explored in better films.

7. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 7.5/10

I rather enjoyed this, it was nice to see the characters grown up a bit. This felt a little less kiddy with some more heavier moments. Overall a good watch for all ages.

8. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Hercules 2014

8/10

This could be a bit bias as I am a huge Rock fan, anyway the film was great, acting great and the action was brilliant. The story line is good, and it jumps pretty much into action from the get go. The film was different to what i expected from watching the trailers for it though. I couldn't find any faults with this film, if you like action and a fairly gripping adventure story line then yes this is for you!

9. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Annabelle 2014
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322940/

3/10 its been done, and one again, this was the nail in the coffin

if you've seen the conjuring , just stick with that. This film is basically a prequel to that in some sense, it follows the past lifes if the characters who are in the Conjuring. Long story short, I did not enjoy this film, I ad high expectations because as said, this is a prequel. There were some jumo scars in this movie yes , but the acting, felt fake, it just felt all very very unrealistic during certain events and scenarios , especially at the start of the film. Basically this is a film that should have never been made. Wish i didint pay to see this film. I watched this at the cinima as well, so god forbit who just watched this on a DVD at home, I would not recommenced this film.

10. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Autómata
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1971325/

rating - TBD

Im not to sure what to make of this film, its set in a post apocalyptic world, at sometime nukes went off and well, robots came into the scene. Anyway, its a film I think with a lot of hidden messages, what will man do to survive, what is it to be human? The main actor himself was good, he played his role very well indeed. Its not exactly an action packed film, you just have to watch it and see where it takes you.

11. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Horns

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528071/

9/10

Comedy and tragedy in this movie is quite high.
    all that needs to be said is

~ I'm gonna love you for the rest of my life.
    ~ Just love me for the rest of mine.​

12. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    One Hour Photo: 3/5

Pretty creepy movie, though a bit confusing. Acting was solid and it did it's job well enough.

13. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @sayWut You might be happy to hear that the original team will be returning to make The Conjuring 2. I was equally disappointed in Annabelle.

14. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    I really liked that film, indeed it was creepy but robin williams role was brilliantly played and well acted. One of my top robin Williams films imo

I have high hopes then for the conjuring 2 , as yes That Annabel;e film really was disappointing, it just flopped :(

15. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    @sayWut I watched Hercules the other day. TBH I didn't really like it that much, it felt more like a TV movie and the battles felt drawn out and not very epic (which you need for a film like this). Also, the acting from the more well known actors was alright but everyone else weren't that good. I did enjoy the more reality based story line with the actual mythical beasts being shown as people's imaginations.

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait. Dwayne Johnson is quickly becoming my favorite actor.

17. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Tbf I thought the battles were fairly decent, but yea I agree to an extent they could be more epic, I in terms of epic they were not as good as the "300" film/s (and latest 300 film) as I love slow mo! apart from that I thought the overall acting was good, but no one can beat Dwayne Johnsons acting! But still I really did like the film

ive always been quite a big fan of him, hes a great actor and Ive liked pretty much very film hes acted in ^^ of course, will smith is by far my favorite actor!

18. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    The Babadook
    -10 /10 worse horror film of the year

" A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her. "

Sounds like an interesting plot right? that's what I thought, ill be short and brief and this has no spoilers. Of course this is all my opinions, and the opinions of the people who went there to see the film, in which all i heard after the film, was a sigh of relief that the film finally ended following by most people saying how awful and dire that film was. OK , firstly I believe this film could have been a lot better, in terms of everything, the acting was meh, and one of the main characters you just wanted to strangle to death, the "plot" was executed in the worst fashion, this was suppose to be a tense horror film, but it was not.

Further more, the film seemed to be stuck in the past and future, the house was like it was made in the 1930s, with evything inside most poples homes bieng in the 1930s, but then we go out side and there brand new Audis being driven (top of the line cars) which was weird. In conclusion, go see this film if you dare, hell this is just my opinion, but if your quite the horror fan like I am, then be aware that this way leave a bad taste in your mouth , ears, eyes etc.

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah until I Am Legend and After Earth. Now they're talking about doing Bad Boys 3 and Hancock 2. He's slipping lol.

Watched Hercules the other day. I'm glad it lived up to all of that hype.

20. Marhuto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - 7/10

Really enjoyable. I've only ever read Patriot Games of all the books.

------------------------------------------------------

This is Where I Leave You - 8/10

This was really funny. I also love the story and the little twists. :)

The Giver - 7/10

I liked it, although it was cliched. I have a lot of unanswered questions, and because of this, the movie was just good for me.

Boyhood - 10/10

Talk about unique.

------------------------------------

John Wick - 9/10

I think this was nothing new, but it was amazingly done. Keanu was made for these roles

------------------------------------

Guardians Of The Galaxy - 10/10

This was amazing! I loved the humor, story, visuals, acting and action. I didn't know of such a Marvel story.