Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Final Fantasy XV Sells 5 Million Copies on 1st Day

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vladnyx, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Square Enix announced on Thursday that its Final Fantasy XV PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game sold more than 5 million copies on its first day when it went on sale worldwide on Tuesday. The number includes download sales and shipments of the game's first edition. This is the fastest record for Square Enix's Final Fantasy franchise.
    [​IMG]
    The game set a new record for first-day download sales for a Square Enix title in Japan. Similarly, the game set a new record for first-day download sales plus package edition shipments for a Square Enix title in Asia (excluding Japan).​

2. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if that also included the Final Fantasy XV limited edition PS4's as well. I just got mine today... haven't started on it yet, but I did play the "A Kings Tale" game. Kind of an arcade retro style and feel, like Streets of Rage (Sega Genesis). It was pretty awesome when you used a slash or heavy attack, that you actually teleport to your target (indicated by a bright white-blue ring, if you had a target). The teleporting was just like in the movie (except only available when you actually had a target, otherwise it was just the basic attack animation if you were in melee range).

I'm contemplating on what full-featured PS4 game I want to start with though. I have a choice of 5 games, 1 I've started on PC already (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which the PS4 version was the one I bought first, then decided to get it for PC during a Steam sale), 1 started on the PS Vita (Dragon Quest Builders) while the rest I haven't played or don't have for a different system.
    - Final Fantasy XV
    - Star Ocean 5
    - World of Final Fantasy

Choices, choices.

Anyways, 5 million just on the first day. That's a lot of pre-orders and Day 1 buyers. I'm curious to see what the numbers will be for the US / North American release and whether it will set a record over here. It also make me wonder what the numbers might be for the Final Fantasy 7 remake (and I do believe they called it a remake, not a remaster, granted it's not another publicity stunt).

#2 Vashnik, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1