Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fallout Shelter for PC

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Vashnik, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fallout Shelter was recently (and fairly silently) released for PC on July 13th this year. So if you haven't already installed the official PC version (not the Android version running in a virtual Android environment on your PC), you can do so via Bethesda's launcher.
    News link: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-shelter-quests-and-pc-version-announced/2016/06/12/143

The good news for those of you who have Android is that your save file can be used on the PC version without any (known) issues or complaints by the game. For iOS users, I've yet to learn of any way to grab the iOS save file, other than perhaps initially using an iOS virtual environment on PC to play Fallout Shelter. The PC version does need to use the *.sav file extension for the save to work. Backup files use the *.bkp extension instead of *.bak. And yes, older save files will work and be updated by the game.

So, where do they store your save file? Right in your My Documents folder: Documents -> My Games -> Fallout Shelter
    (Path: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout Shelter" for most NT installations)
    By default, it would typically be on C (or whatever drive your OS is installed on), however if you have moved your documents folder to another location by setting it through the OS, then it would be on whatever drive the OS recognizes as your official "My Documents" location.

• Like Like x 1