Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fallout 4 Hype Train

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BaconMan8910, May 15, 2015.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Recently a 3D contract artist, working for Miranda Studios, updated his LinkedIn resume citing work he had done on a "Fallout 4 Cinematic Trailer".

The citation was quickly removed as Miranda Studios, owned by Guillermo del Toro, went into damage control mode.

Sites which had reported on the LinkedIn resume were sent emails demanding that their stories be pulled, as someone had violated an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). The problem came when several sites realized that they had never signed an NDA, implying that someone in the industry has.

The presence of an NDA has been speculated to add weight to the authenticity of this resume citation. Often, when fake trailers, announcements, or leaks occur, NDAs are not cited, as either none exist nor no existing NDAs have been violated, due to the leak being illegitimate.

Bethesda has yet to comment on this. But we can hope for a statement soon, and maybe, hopefully something at E3.

The pressure is on. Is Fallout 4 really happening? I mean, it has to be, right? It only makes sense for Bethesda to be working on a sequel to the post-apocalyptic RPG.

You can read the article here: http://www.destructoid.com/rumour-g...mpany-creating-fallout-4-trailer-291924.phtml

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Can only be a matter of time now.

In the mean time I still play my Fallout New Vegas. I just realized there's a mod that combines both Fallout 3 and New Vegas into one game under New Vegas's less buggy engine (Well their both the same but you can't say New Vegas didn't make improvements). People make it sound like it's illegal to do such a thing but that's silly, I own both games anyway. You need both to run it after all.

Surprisingly runs pretty smooth having two games in one!

Anyway I'll wait for them to collect all their DLC into one pack. I hate that btw, it just drags out the true release date in my view.

3. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy I dunno, man. I found New Vegas to be an abysmal game. Couldn't stand it. Ah well, to each their own eh?

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I liked Fallout 3 better myself. Shooting up super mutents in front of the capitol building never gets old. Then the Talon Mercs and Supermutents get heavy weapons in the higher levels (don't get me started with the mods) and proceed to blow you up every few minutes.

Second game lacked enemies and fighting areas. Still... I can't resist doing whatever the hell Mr. House always tells me to do. Anyway the mod I'm playing will keep me in the DC area for a while. I haven't gotten a crash yet. How that's possible is beyond me.

5. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I've always preferred Fallout 3. It just feels like there's more to it. When I played New Vegas the first time through, I wasn't terribly impressed. But after another play through, I took the time to look around and explore the game world. And it really opened up. I think both are excellent games. But New Vegas might require a bit more effort on the part of the player.

6. The-Gunney Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Wait and see is the attitude I have in regards to any Fallout 4 news or rumors. Don't get me wrong I want Fallout 4 to happen soon but until I hear it from the proverbial horses mouth I tend not to believe it. Bethsoft may be choosing to avoid pulling a Ubisoft (constantly teasing and building hype) which likely killed any faith people had in Ubisoft to produce a good new game. That loss in faith may severely hurt the release of the new Rainbow 6 and The Division both good looking games. Like I said I will wait and see. The best indication of intent is about a month away at E3.

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, waiting really is all that we can do. But considering TES and Fallout are Bethesda's flagship series, it only makes sense that they would be working on another. So, if say the odds are in favor of Fallout 4 being developed.

But yeah, it's probably to take it with a grain of salt. Best not to get your hopes up on rumors and possible leaks alone.

Still, it's nice to finally have some news that is grounded in some degree of evidence.

#7 BaconMan8910, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  8. shane_dalvin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would be shocked if Fallout 4 isn't announced at E3 this year. Especially since Bethesda is hosting its own conference for the first time. I guess we'll find out for sure in a little under a month. My guess is were going to see at least 1 new IP, Dishonored 2 and the new Doom for sure since that has been in the works for a while.

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Let's not remind me of the disappointment that was the third game

10. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Hell so would I, I would take a guess they may not name it Fallout 4, could do something obscure for the name like 'Fallout London' hehehe, I don't know but with the press conference there better be something good if its a flop many a people will be losing faith in Betheasda as a developer.

11. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. With their own conference, if ever there was a time to announce it, it would be E3.

12. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Double post, but here's an update.

Today, a countdown began on Fallout's official website. The timer is set for 22 hours and is actively counting down.

The countdown seems legitimate, with the timer being shared by Bethesda's official Twitter account and the website belonging to Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company.

So what does this mean? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. It could mean a new Fallout game, maybe a teaser. But, all that we can say for certain is that something Fallout-related is about to go down. And I'm incredibly excited. =P

You can read the article here: http://www.destructoid.com/a-countdown-s-appeared-on-the-official-fallout-site-293166.phtml

You can view the countdown here: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

• Like Like x 1
  13. The-Gunney Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Trying hard to keep the hype train from running me over. Saw this and had some hope but I. Must. Not. Get. Over. Hyped. Grrrrr!! Need to go so I don't turn into a not so jolly green giant.

14. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I feel you. But I'm just about ready to jump on board. If this isn't a Fallout 4 announcement, at this point Bethesda is trolling us pretty hard. =P

15. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Well, it's happening. Today the countdown ended and Bethesda released an official trailer for Fallout 4.

16. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    well at lest the Bethesda offices will not be burned to the ground just yet

17. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Now we just need TES VI. =P

18. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Hnnng... curse me and not having a job. I need to get a new PC or PS4 soon. Fallout 3 is one of my all time favorite games and while I didn't have New Vegas, it didn't think it was nearly as good as 3. Hopefully Fallout 4 won't be like NV
    or skyrim.....

19. shane_dalvin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There's a chance this will be coming to last gen as well! That would be the best news I've heard all year cause I'm not going to be able to afford a new system anytime soon. I cant wait to crack open an ice cold Nuka Cola, count my bottle caps and buy a delicious iguana-on-a-stick as I get lost in the wasteland for hours, listening to music from the 40's and 50's.

20. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a gaming computer now... probably barely going to meet the requirements for it, but at least once the system requirements comes out, I can determine how much more I need to sink into upgrading this machine. Since Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas work on Windows 10, before Windows 10 became an idea, Fallout 4 should be compatible with Windows 10 by the time Fallout 4 get's released without little effort on Bethesda's part. Now, all we need to do is hope that Bethesda won't have their head so far up their forth point of contact and actually ensure the game is released with as little bugs as possible instead of half-assing their work.

• Like Like x 2