Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fall Anime Chart 2013 v.2.0 [Updated]

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Ovyda, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
  2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Too... soon.. Although I've seen a lot of them talked about on CR, ANN, MAL etc, it's already looking more promising than summer.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Really more promising than summer? I know Danganronpa is the popular title for this season and I don't really see any of those that I absolutely must watch, although I do plan on checking out Yowamushi and of course Magi and Blazblue too.

Anyone think that Log Horizon is going to be unfairly judged for being a rip off of SAO?

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, nothing about summer really interests me. Aside from Kingdom and dxd 2.

I'll be watching Magi and Blazblue as well. Along with Log Horizon and Kakumeiki Valvrave 2. Log Horizon at face value appears to have the ability to meet the expectations I had for Sword Art Online.

"The story begins when 30,000 Japanese gamers are trapped in the fantasy online game world Elder Tale. What was once a sword-and-sorcery world is now the real world." But then I see that romance in the genre listing and I am slightly skeptical. I won't call it a SAO rip off as I didn't call SAO a .Hack// rip off.

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Cool. About time we got some sports animes again. Also Kuroko season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So there are some that wont just straight out say Log Horizon is a rip off, good to know. Wait it is a romance, well it better not focus solely on it.

Hmm Kuroko, not sure if I'll be able to watch the first one before then so I will see if I get to watch this 2nd season while airing, hope I manage to.

7. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I hope you will be able to join KnB discussion :)

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I hope so too, well at least I've still got time, but going by how long it is taking me to catch up with Uchuu Kyoudai I'm not entirely sure I will be able to. I've unintentionally taken a break from both that and Monster for the last 2-3 weeks and I don't even really know why.

Oh, I'm not sure but I think I may have read somewhere that Kill la Kill is going to be released for the fall season too so if that is true I'll definitely be watching that one and I'd encourage everyone to check it out if you are a fan of either Gurren Lagann or Panty and Stocking.

9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Wow... I just got my internet back. I will reply to you tonight on MAL at last, so I was hoping you are caught up with Space Bros :(

10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    No rush since that was what you were hoping for, I plan to watch as much Monster as possible tomorrow then finish it so I can solely focus on Uchuu Kyoudai after that. But umm I just hope I can watch it all before I get distracted by something else again [boku wa tomodachi since it is an anime cafe event]

But since this thread is for the fall series how should I make this post relevant, umm. So valrave 2nd season is coming out in fall huh, leaving one season for a break doesn't sound too unreasonable.

11. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @Supernatural-knight, do you follow basketball in real life? Or are you a fan of any sports?

Also, what episode of Space Brothers are you on right now?

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @batosai, nope I don't follow basketball in life nor am I a sports fan of any degree, I use to watch some tennis but that was it and they were only the biggest match of the well known tournaments. So yeah Kuroko is way outside of my comfort zone for anime and everything really but that is kind of why I want to watch it, also I know most rules to basketball so I should be able to follow everything just fine.

As for Uchuu Kyoudai I am currently on ep 23 which so far its been really good and I know it will continue to do so but I just haven't continued it since the 30th of May and I'm not even really sure why that is.

13. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Kill la Kill is coming out for the fall? Sweet.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It may be coming out in the Fall, I could have sworn I read somewhere but upon a bit of research it appears that there isn't a release date associated with it yet. Perhaps it was all speculation and I remembered it wrong, well we've still got months until then so no need to worry about it yet as I'm sure there are still at least a dozen more titles to be added or confirmed by then.

15. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just wish fall could come sooner, cause it has a lot of good stuff, and Kingdom will still be airing. The only downside is school.

16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @batosai, nope I don’t follow basketball in life nor am I a sports fan of any degree, I use to watch some tennis but that was it and they were only the biggest match of the well known tournaments. So yeah Kuroko is way outside of my comfort zone for anime and everything really but that is kind of why I want to watch it, also I know most rules to basketball so I should be able to follow everything just fine.

As for Uchuu Kyoudai I am currently on ep 23 which so far its been really good and I know it will continue to do so but I just haven’t continued it since the 30th of May and I’m not even really sure why that is.

I see. I wasn't really into basketball. After i watched Kuroko i started watching some real matches. (also during Kuroko so i could understand the rules more).

And yeah Space Brothers is still very good and only gets better.

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Really more promising than summer? I know Danganronpa is the popular title for this season and I don’t really see any of those that I absolutely must watch, although I do plan on checking out Yowamushi and of course Magi and Blazblue too.

Anyone think that Log Horizon is going to be unfairly judged for being a rip off of SAO?

>Danganronpa is the popular title for this season

Nah, if anything I'd be surprised if it came out as the underdog.
    There are a few anime that beat it in terms of popularity.

If you had to pick the most anticipated anime this summer, it'd be between Free!, Blood Lad, TWGOK 3, Rozen Maiden 3, second season of Monogatari (which I'm hyped for), or the new Genshiken.
    Though I've heard Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation has gotten a little bit of popularity aswell.

Also I agree with your statement. Log Horizon is going to be compared to SAO due to it's premise. 30,000 people are trapped in a game? Of course people are going to be saying it's a rip-off of SAO, people are just being ignorant.
    I hope Log Horizon is actually really good so I can laugh at the hardcore SAO fans who bash this.

Now, for next season, as of now these are what I'm watching:
    Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
    BlazBlue: Alter Memory
    Freezing Vibration
    Takanashi Rikka • Kai: Chu2Koi Movie
    Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin
    Madoka Magica movie 3

And this is what I'll probably pick up:
    Golden Time
    Log Horizon
    Unbreakable Machine-Doll

Also, screw IS season 2.
    Also, $5 says Kill la Kill comes out in fall, which then will be my most anticipated anime of fall.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You know Maddy I keep forgetting that monogatari 2nd season is coming out this season, same with the world god only knows, guess I just don't pay enough attention to ones I already know the basic premise of. So after seeing your list of other anticipated series I can see how Danganronpa will lose that title, but to me it is probably my most anticipated series since it is the next seinen anime and we really need more of them to be released.

I hope Log Horizon will be good too, although my reason is more because I don't really want to watch crap.

Also I wont be taking that bet, I think Kill la Kill will air in the Fall season too, well more of I hope but still.

19. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I forgot, you guys are forgetting the Persona 3 movie.
    That is coming in August.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-27/persona-3-the-movie-no.1-promo-title-date-staff-cast-revealed

Oh wait, that's theaters. Shit.

Also, some new stuff on ANN:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

Nice boob physics on Green directors. I forgot, the whole game has a kind of boob physics hahaha. I at least hope they have Nisa in it, which I am sure they will. We all need that gag character.

20. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I didnt look but is TWGOK III and Sora no Otoshimono on it???