Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Set in an imaginary world, the Earth Land, there exists a Mage Guild called "Fairy Tail." Fairy Tail is stationed in the town Magnolia, residing in the Kingdom of Fiore, and is currently governed by Makarov, Guild's master.

Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl, wishes to become a full-fledged mage and join one of the most prestigious Mage Guilds in the world, Fairy Tail.

One day, out of pure coincidence, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Mage in Fairy Tail.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Took me about a week to catch up with the series. I'm loving this series and I'm glad I watched it, it's hard to discuss without spoiling anything so I'll stop typing and wait for replies.

#2 Crazy Potato, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  3. Ophelia Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i really do love this anime it is on my top three, but i think there needs to be more QQ

4. Azraled Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  5. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Lucy is easily my favorite anime character. I love how this show has so many good characters that really fit together well. I actually prefer the "filler" episodes to the arcs, which I think go on a bit too long, and I'm sick of Natsu always saving the day while there are plenty of other capable characters to be honest. The dub needs to hurry up and come back. They only released 10 episodes since November. I can't wait much longer I miss Lucy and the crew.

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'm stalled on episode 60-something. But I've thoroughly enjoyed the series up to now. I'm looking forward to picking it back up, soon. ^-^

7. ShadeW Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh I can't wait to see more! 176+ is coming so soon! The Dubs broadcast will be put on FUNimation on 8-30-2015. I waited so long but soon.

8. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    We already have what would be up to episode 187. Funimation released them early on their website.

http://justdubsonline.net/fairy-tail-2014

9. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait for Dragon Cry

The title implies dragons but all of them are dead except Acnologia so maybe Fairy Tail fights him again? But Fairy Tail is only Lucy, Natsu, and Happy at the moment in the anime so who knows.

10. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    @Sporadic ,

I really love this too, because comedy and ecchi a bit, i prefer ezra is a hot girl.

I'm still watching on Fairy Tail season 1 from 30 episode right now.

My picture is kagura also fairy tail.

11. mark alex I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My picture is kagura also fairy tail.

12. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    So...

Tartaros Arc spoiler
    Does anyone have any theories on if Makarov or Mavis used Lumen Histoire or not? I thought it was very confusing. Makarov acted like he wasn't going to use it, but then he had Mest delete everyone's memories (possibly including the viewers since we didn't see it) and he apologized seemingly for using it. I also have to wonder why they chose not to show Fairy Tail disbanding as well. I really disliked NaLu's re-union since Lucy should have still not forgiven Natsu for leaving her behind but obviously they wanted a happy ending for now so I understand it, but I hope they go back and tell us a bit more about this period from the end of the Tartaros arc through the 1 year time skip at some point.

13. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I have yet to watch this anime. Is it really worth watching? If so, why?

14. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Without spoiling anything

It's different from other shounens as

- The main character is a female (Lucy)

- While the other main character (Natsu) does start off over-powered and never really develops further, the main character (Lucy) starts off under-powered and gradually gets stronger as the series progresses. It is incredibly satisfying to watch her come as far as she has.

- It is one of the very best shows to re-watch as they give hints that will go right under your nose the first time around. The very best world building in anime. What they did with Ultear, Zeref, and others is nothing short of amazing.

- The best show around for shipping. While most of the romance hasn't gone anywhere there are a lot of sweet romantic moments.

- Every important character has an interesting back story

- It's one of the most popular anime ever. That doesn't guarantee you'll like it but I tend to think most popular anime are worth watching.

- Great fanservice and fairly funny comedy (although like most anime some of the jokes get repetitive)

- Basically it excels at everything. The characters are some of the best and hottest around, the story can get very dramatic and emotional (made me cry many times), the romance is better than a lot of romance shows despite most characters being single, and it has some of the best fights and shounen story arcs in anime and some of the strongest characters. It also has an excellent English Dub and beautiful art and character designs. The definition of a "masterpiece" anime in my opinion.

- It has a tournament arc called the Grand Magic Games, like Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament but less straight to the point one vs one fighting and more story based.

It's a shounen both for people who like other shounens and for people who don't. The fights are satisfying but never drag on for to long. Some of the strongest characters are rarely on to build up their mystique.

If you liked Rave Master, Fairy Tail is by the same writer but significantly better in every way. There's a few references to Rave Master here and there in Fairy Tail, including Plue being one of Lucy's first Celestial Spirits. Gray is basically Musica.

One of the best soundtracks in anime.

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point. I love Fairy Tail. I was a bit nervous to start it because its a long show but the minute I watched it I couldn't get enough and a few years later I still can't get enough.

15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I really liked both Fairy Tail and Rave Master, though it surprises me how people also say they just hate it. I guess its just a love/hate series.

16. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    A lot of people hate Fairy Tail and its characters just because its/their popular. There isn't much reason to actually hate it unless you hate "power of friendship" (which FT doesn't even use much) in which case you probably shouldn't be watching a magic based show that hints that the origin of magic is love.

17. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I don't know. I gotta think about it. Y'all made some good arguments, but I'm still not sure if I wanna even watch it. We'll see.

18. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's a bit "sweet" for me, but pleasant enough when light entertainment is necessitated by present company(children, somewhat prissy people who are new to anime).

19. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Ok, I'm finally checking out the series. I'm on season 1. From the first few episodes, it's ok, so far.

20. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

When I watched it I noticed that this happened in lots of the episodes at least in the first 175 episodes...
    [​IMG]

What are those little gremlins supposed to be???