Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Extraordinary Regularity

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by MateusseDarkslight, Jul 13, 2015.

1. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    (The replacement to School For Gods, this RP is taking what School For Gods had and making it far more accessible and open to everyone - essentially, upgrading from linear to sandbox :p )

The world as we know it. A place of humdrum, everyday, terrifyingly nightmarishly amazingly fantastically BORING events. Every day you wake up, you do the dance, sing the song, play the tune, march your feet, and every night you go to sleep to do it all again tomorrow.

At least, that's the universe you THOUGHT you knew.

In this world there are people, people with... powers. Abilities, strange gifts. Some scientific, some supernatural, some reaching to the heavens above and into the arms of Nature herself, and others through the graveyards and the bowels of hell. These people live among the rest of the world, some above the rest of humanity, others keeping their heads down and doing what they can to get by - while maybe trying to save or attempting to doom the world on their days off.

A place of madness as the standard, lunacy by way of normal, the impossible as the most basic of things - a world of extraordinary regularity.

*For power selection, go to http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki and hit the random button 3 times. Choose one power from the three results that is not too OP (you all know the drill, talk it through with me if you have doubts) and then add a power of your own devising. Modern day setting, real world environment - and power limited only by imagination. Have fun.*

2. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    "I'm cold, Daddy."
    The restaurant was dark. It was hours after closing time, but the lights were still flickering on and off. The locks were clicking and the ovens were whirring on and off as rain spattered the windows, lights from cars on the outside street adding to the crazy light show.
    Had someone been looking through the window, they would have seen a young man with a grizzled stubbly beard and dressed casually sitting slumped in one of the chairs apparently alone. However, every now and again he would look around the restaurant, his eyes lingering on places where objects moved seemingly of their own volition.

Billy was cold. They were all cold. Billy, Sandra, Frederick, Toby, Celia...
    He flitted out of the lights, moving down closer to Daddy. Bobby, Andrew, Joseph, Laura, Sarah...
    He nestled without touching against Daddy's body, enjoying the warmth he couldn't feel. Jenny, Alex, Harry, Beatrice, Sandra...
    "Aren't you cold, Daddy?"

Matthew looked down at the white waif curled up against him. "You tired?"
    The formless yet humanoid shape nodded. "Do you mind, Daddy?"
    "It's fine with me, kid. Get some sleep, Billy." The child-sized spirit, devoid of all physical shape bar a vague whitish-grey human outline with visible cold blank eyes, scrunched them up as a hole opened in the face for a yawn.
    "Good...night, Daddy." The ghost went to sleep, its intangible head somehow resting on his lap. A moment later, the other children emerged from the doors, the ovens, the chairs and the security footage, before sleeping on him as if he were some sort of ethereal mattress.

To anyone outside, it would look like the man was talking to himself. But then he would pat something that clearly wasn't there.
    "Goodnight, kids. Bobby, Freddy, don't kick. Laura, your hair's in Alex's nose. Toby, you're fine there. You're all good to go."

He knew what he was saying was completely inaccurate - they were ghosts. They had no hair, he couldn't tell them apart by sight as they all looked the same and they didn't even really sleep - merely turned themselves off somewhat for a while.
    But it was the fact he was treating them like they were alive again. That was what made them smile as they wriggled to get more comfortable on no substance at all.
    He leaned back into the chair. His own eyes closed, though he could still see their faint glow through his eyelids.
    "Sleep well."
    The restaurant was quiet, as its one living occupant fell asleep to the sound of the rain and the gentle vroom of the passing cars.

3. RenNya Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Name: Kitty Miles
    Powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Feline_Physiology & http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Werecat_Physiology
    Bio: She is short, her hair is short and black with white highlights, she has cat ears and a tail. Her eyes are cat like and deep blue. Her regular clothes are a pink hoodie with cat ears, a black skirt and white thigh highs. Her powers gave her cat like abilities. When she needs to, she can turn into a Werecat. But doing so is a strain on her and while in werecat form, she could lose all control and go on a rage-induced rampage depending on her emotions.

I'll post more later :3

4. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Name: Violet Sky
    Stuff: Female Cyber-Pegasus, synthetic purple fur, gunmetal black mane and tail with cerulean streaks.
    Powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_Regeneration

Name: Valencia
    Sex: Female
    powers: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cross_Manipulation http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Manipulation

She held her arm aloft, finger pointing towards the heavens. The pregnant clouds growled angrily and serpents of lightning danced around their underbellies. The wind whipped the rain nearly horizontal and each drop stung like a piercing arrow. Beneath the angry sky, the ground was torn asunder. Two armies struggled against one another dotting the already broken landscape with flashes from explosions. Hulking metal behemoths trudged forward, their carapaces dotted with mounted weaponry or carrying horrifying blades. Corpses littered for miles and blood soaked the ground staining everything red.

Staring down at this, Valencia held her arm in place and stood stoically despite the anguish caused by her rainstorm. As she watched, something that appeared to be human exploded into some vile tentacled monstrosity that grabbed and pierced all around it as it attempted to pack screaming men into it's maw. One of the war machines marched up to the creature, tore the tentacles from it one by one before stomping it brutally into earth. The machine suddenly stopped dead in its tracks as the controller was butchered. His limp form dropped from to the ground and all of the machines that he had been controlling fell into slumber, their mechanical minds dying. Slowly the war-machines began to sink into the thirsty mud, just like all of the other corpses that littered the drenched killing field.

"That is enough." She said calmly, her words stolen away by the wind and the sound of gunfire and screams. She dropped her arm in a decisive motion. All at once a slow roll of thunder began, growing louder and more deafening by the instant. The blinding light was all encompassing as it hit the ground, conducting itself through the rain and blood. The crash of thunder that accompanied the titanic lightning strike dropped everyone that hadn't been killed by the surge of electrical might to their knees. As the light and sound faded, the rain came to a stop as the wind died down to a mere breeze. As the clouds began to break apart and drift about the sky, the light of the sun revealed the horror that the clouds had kept secret.

Picking herself up from the mud that had begun to slowly suck her down into the ground, Valencia looked out across the wasteland before her through the afterimage of the large cross that her lightning strike had left on her eyes. Charred corpses and burnt metal greeted the rays of light as the survivors took in what had befallen their comrades and their adversaries. Movement was slow at first, as men and mechanisms trickled away from the wasteland in the direction of their respected homelands. The retreat never rose beyond that, such was the devastation on both forces caused by the battle and its conclusion.

Valencia made her way carefully down from her perch and met the small group of men and women who sat on horseback. They were dressed in reds, blacks and whites and held a motley of weaponry.
    "Priestess," One of the men spoke. He had to repeat himself multiple times until she could understand his words over the ringing in her ears. "What are your orders?"
    "Kill the survivors. Such folly must not go unpunished. Doomsday has been adverted once again." She replied curtly.
    A ragged cry rose up among the archaic looking group. They spun their steeds around and rushed out from behind their cover to chase down their prey. Valencia took her time climbing atop her own mount.

"Are you well, Priestess?" A female voice asked inside of her head.
    "I am well enough, Violet." She spoke aloud, patting the creature atop its head.
    "If you say so, Ma'am." The AI replied. "However I suggest that you remain here and do not partake in any of the festivities after having drained so much of your stamina."
    "You are probably correct." Valencia admitted with a sigh. The horse usually was. "Let us tour the battlefield until the other return from their duty.
    "Very well, Priestess." Violet acceded and began moving towards the blood soaked wasteland at a walk.

It was several hours until the small force returned to the battlefield to regroup. They had lost some of their number, but not enough to warrant any crisis. Then with Valencia at their head, they moved out, returning to their home to resume their somewhat peaceful lives.

One month later Valencia was sitting in a street side cafe, wearing ordinary clothes. She sat reading a book from a thin data tablet as she ate a small lunch.
    "Someone is approaching, Priestess." Violet's voice echoed in her mind. Turning her head, Valencia looked to where Violet said the stranger was.

(Cliffhanger opening is intentional. Anyone can pop in here, I'm not saving it for a special character.)

5. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    A young man was taking a casual stroll through the streets in the middle of the night. He wasn't outside for any reason in particular, he was just wandering around aimlessly for a while. He stopped for a moment when he saw three large, intimidating men confronting a much smaller man in a business suit. One of the thugs, the one who was apparently their boss, demanded that the man in the suit hand over everything he had on him. Without saying a word, the young man casually walked up to the four.

The gang leader soon noticed the young man standing behind him and turned around, an annoyed and somewhat surprised expression on his face.
    "What do you think you're doing?"
    "Out for a late-night mugging, huh?"
    The leader growled and gave him a nasty glare, his large frame towering over the young man's average height and slim physique. It didn't faze the young man in the slightest; in fact, he seemed somewhat amused as if he was watching a small child trying to act tough.
    "Maybe we are. What's it to you, punk?"
    The young man averted his gaze, thinking to himself for a moment.
    "You know, that's a good question."
    He then leaned around the larger man and addressed the man in the suit.
    "Tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I get you out of this mess and you treat me to dinner. Something nice, I'm thinking lobster. What do you say?"

The man nodded hastily and spoke up in a quivering voice.
    "Y-Yes, of course! Whatever you say! Just...please..."
    The young man turned back to the leader.
    "Well, you heard the man, there's a lobster dinner in it for me."

The muggers were furious now, seeing this man who was practically a kid in their eyes take them so lightly. The leader of the group cracked his knuckles and spoke in a harsh growl.
    "You really don't know who you're screwing with, pal..."
    The young man smirked back at him.
    "I could say the same thing. The only difference is, I would be right if I said it."

"That's it. You just signed your own death warrant."
    The leader grabbed for his knife and moved to slash at the young man. But when he did, his body suddenly froze for a split-second, went limp and collapsed on the floor. As the leader slowly picked himself back up, the three men behind him stared with shocked looks on their faces.
    "What...was that?"
    The young man shrugged, still smirking.
    "I don't know, what do you think it was? Maybe we can catch it on the instant replay."
    Just as the leader managed to get back into a standing position, his body froze and went limp again, making him collapse onto the concrete below.
    Once again, he slowly got back up on his feet.
    "How...how are you doing that?"
    The young man shook his head.

"You shouldn't be so worried about how I'm doing it. You should just be worried about the fact that I can."
    He then leaned in and whispered into the boss' ear.
    "But what should really terrify you...is the knowledge that this is only a fraction of my real power."
    He leaned back and smiled sadistically at the three men, who were quickly losing the will to fight. And the will to not run away. And the will to not soil themselves, for that matter.

"L-Let's get out of here."
    That was all the other two needed to hear; the three thugs ran as if they saw a ghost, leaving the young man and the man in the suit behind. The man in the suit, who looked quite intimidated himself, barely managed to speak up.
    "You...you're one of "them," aren't you?"
    The young man sighed.
    "You have no idea how tired I am of answering that same stupid question. So, what's the deal? Do you have a car anywhere around here or are we walking to the nearest restaurant?"

6. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
  7. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    When running an late night convenience store, the shop owner mused, you have to expect to get some weirdos. Who else would be doing their shopping at gone midnight? Although, you rarely expect most of them to come back week after week. That's why the man in store right now was already the weirdest customer he got. He'd turn up, 11:35 every Thursday night like clockwork, grab the exact same groceries each time, pay then left at exactly 11:45.
    What really drove him way above the rest of weirdos, however, was that on top of the eerily accurate repetition of his visits, was that he always wore a mask, and never the same one twice in a row. This time, the mask was all white except for the lower jaw, which was coloured like brass.
    These idiosyncrasies had the cumulative effect that meant that when the man masked knocked a gun totting would be robber out cold with a wine bottle thrown at his temple, the owner didn't even bat an eyelid.
    The masked man paid for his shopping and left at 11:45, again.

8. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    The mysterious young man was sitting in the passenger seat of the Mercedes that belonged to the businessman.
    "I never did understand the appeal of these luxury cars, but now that I'm sitting in one...man, I kinda want to get one."
    Keeping these thoughts to himself, he stared blankly outside the window as they drove along.
    The middle-aged businessman hesitantly spoke up, trying to break the silence.
    "So, uh...what's your name?"
    "Logan."

Name: Logan Templar
    Powers: Energy Negation, Vector Manipulation
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Negation

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vector_Manipulation
    Appearance: Pale skin with short, messy black hair and red eyes. Usually wears black pants and a white t-shirt with an unbuttoned black jacket.

"Logan...?"
    "We're just gonna go with Logan for now."
    "Right, if you say so."
    It was quite obvious at this point that Logan wasn't one for small talk. The businessman kept quiet for a few moments, then decided to try again.
    "So, uh...where do you want to eat?"
    "Anywhere's fine with me."
    "Okay, I'll just look it up real quick--"
    Just then, they were passing by a restaurant that almost looked deserted. But the lights were flickering on and off and there was a single person sitting inside, which caught Logan's attention.
    "What the...? I wonder if that place is open or not."
    He turned to the businessman and pointed to the restaurant.
    "Pull over, we've just found our restaurant."

"There? Are they even open?"
    "I don't know, but we're about to find out. I saw somebody in there, so...I'm gonna go with maybe."
    And if they're not open, what was that guy doing in there? Logan wondered this quietly to himself, hoping that there might be another opportunity to relieve his boredom in that restaurant.

Not wanting to start any trouble, the businessman pulled into the parking lot and the two of them got out of the car. They walked up to the entrance and looked inside, but the only signs of activity were a young man sleeping in a chair and the occasional flickering lights.
    "It's probably just some homeless man--"
    Before he could even finish his sentence, Logan threw the door open and walked inside. Not talking to anyone in particular but speaking loud enough for anyone to hear, he addressed the room.
    "So, what's the deal? Is this place open or what?"

9. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The door's opening woke him up, and he started, the ghosts all fluttering off him immediately. They seemed wary of these intruders, the confident one radiating some kind of danger.
    “Easy – easy,” he mumbled, before straightening.
    “Hey, gents. This place is indeed kinda open, as in the ovens still work and I'm certain there's some food left in the freezer. Wait -”
    He motioned, and from the perspectives of Logan and the businessman he just seemed to be sitting there, one hand in the air for a few seconds. He nodded once, then lowered his hand. “Yep, there's good stuff in there. I don't work here, I'm just taking a nap. Go right ahead, the cameras are down.”
    He looked in the direction of one of the cameras, and then raised an eyebrow. “Hey. Come on. Did you go and mess with the plumbing instead of sorting that out?” He sighed. “What am I going to do with you? It's alright, I'm not mad, just – you know what to do.”

All the cameras across the restaurant suddenly clicked off as one. “There you go. Nice to meet you by the way – I'm Matthew. Yourselves?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stranger approaching Valencia was a man with a suit on. He wore a bow tie, dinner jacket and white shirt, but every single button was undone bar the top, exposing a bullet-proof vest underneath. He seemed far too confident for this to be an unintentional encounter. “Is this seat taken?” he asked, looking at her with unnaturally grey eyes before gesturing to a seat nearby. His air suggested that he didn't need her permission, but was choosing to let her dictate the conversation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Exceptioneers

Name: Bravado

Abilities: Superhuman Physique, Emotion Sensing

Armed with: A rifle, and joint armour – trained martial artist

A soldier given the chance to become something more, he undertook an irrational and dangerous experiment involving various kinds of animal DNA. The formula has since been lost to time, but he now possesses an uncanny ability to detect emotions from up to a few miles, alongside possessing peak physical prowess and reflexes for a human. He is highly trained in the use of his special joint armour, using the armoured joints to block blades and deflect bullets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kaur

Abilities: Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Intellect

Armed with: A genetic fusion of a tyrannosaurus rex and the arms of a gorilla made to scale.

A mad scientist who decided to transform himself into the ultimate life form – with gigantic gorilla arms making up for the T-rex's tiny limbs, he would have set his sights on taking over the world. However, his arch-rival Doctor Knothause had transformed himself one day prior into a giant flying killer whale with the wings of a golden eagle, and the legs of a lion grafted onto the bottom. Furious at being outdone, he decided to join the forces of good – on a temporary basis of course, just until he can prove he is the superior mad scientist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rapscallion

Abilities: Superhuman Agility, Exo-Intangibility

Armed with: A knife and bullwhip.

A government assassin with a wit as sharp as his blade and as quick as his bullwhip – and himself – Rapscallion is fast enough to dodge bullets and through exo-intangibility can for a short time drastically reduce his own biomass, rendering him near-impossible to hit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Theraploferous (Suorefolpareth)

Abilities: Heat vision, Flight, Indestructibility, Super Strength, Super Speed

Armed with: A gigantic sword.

A being of unknown origin. Some say he is magical. Others say he is an alien, while more say he is a god. In truth, he is a magical alien god. However, his powers have one gigantic fallback – he is rendered powerless after hearing anyone say the word Theraploferous backwards. For this reason, he has recently taken to wearing earmuffs. Physically, he resembles a bipedal hippopotamus with fur.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: This Badass Motherfucker Right Here (Badass for Short)

Abilities: Augmented Body, Inbuilt Weapons

Armed with: See above.

A cyborg, with state-of-the-art weaponry, reconstructed after his previous life as a bodyguard ended with his target getting killed and him being grievously injured. His memories damaged, he now continues his calling as a bodyguard, only this time his clients are the weak and innocent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Hullsplit

Abilities: Incredible marksmanship, superhuman strength

Armed with: A titanium bow which fires ballista arrows, RPG arrows, heavy artillery

Rapscallion's partner in crime – they'll be at the enemy's throats one minute and be at the other's a moment later. Not a physical fighter (his hobbies include knitting and calligraphy) Hullsplit's aim is so inpeccable he can shave a fly with an arrow. His strength, however, means that after shaving said fly the arrow will go straight through near enough anything on earth that isn't solid diamond-reinforced titanium.

10. RenNya Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Kitty read through the newspaper inside her box located at the center of a dark, damp, alleyway. "The Exceptioneers, huh...?" Her eyes lit up. "Wouldn't it be so cool to be one of them?" She said to herself. "If only I weren't living in this box in this gross alleyway." Kitty was homeless, She gets by with only change she picks up off the street and selling junk parts she finds in nearby dumpsters. How did she end up homeless? She was abandoned by everyone she met, Not because of her, adorable, cat like features, But because of her... "Other side." This "other side" is a fierce monster that can rip people to shreds. She can transform to this monster at will and control it, as long as she keeps her emotions in check. But people were afraid, so she isolated herself. She shook her head. "Alright... Time for dinner." She went towards the back of this restaurant and picked the lock on the back door with her cat like claws. She crept into the back kitchen to see what she could find, but her ears perked up. She could hear people talking at the front. "People? Here? People are never here." She peeked around the corner to see. Kitty stayed silent, She didn't want to draw attention to herself. There'd be hell if people caught her stealing food. "Who are these people? What are they doing here?"

(Sorry if it's messy, I haven't done this for a while.)

11. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Logan scoffed.
    "I'm not here to dig for scraps. If this place isn't really open, I'll just find somewhere this is. More importantly--"
    He stopped mid-sentence and looked over to one of the flickering lights.
    "Hold on. That thing's starting to piss me off."
    Just a few seconds later, as if on command, the light stopped flickering and stayed off as Logan cut off the electrical energy flowing to it.
    "Much better."

The businessman, being the more polite of the two, decided it was time to introduce himself properly.
    "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Matthew. I am Dr. Tiberius Odinson, a researcher in the field of cybernetics."

Name: Tiberius Odinson
    Powers: None

"I'm very sorry to have bothered you, Matthew. Since this place isn't open, we will be on our way--"
    "You're making a lot of assumptions there, doc."
    The doctor turned to Logan with a confused expression. Logan, not paying it any mind, took a few steps towards Matthew.
    "More importantly, I want to know who you were talking to just now. You don't look like you busted out of an asylum so I'm thinking there's something else going on. Telepathy, maybe? Or were you talking to something or someone that I can't see? Either way, I get the feeling that this place was a good place to stop, after all."
    He smirked slightly.
    "Let's cut to the chase, shall we? I want to know if you're like me or not. I'm asking if you've got powers."

12. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "I don't like him." Violet said in warning.
    "I suppose I could try to stop you," Valencia said calmly. "But I prefer to avoid unnecessary conflict."
    She waited for the man to seat himself before introducing herself. "I am known as Valencia, Vale for short. What is your name?"

13. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Matthew still seemed bleary-eyed, but his eyes narrowed slightly at the stranger's question.
    “I do, yes. You seem to have a certain gift or two as well.”
    Above them, the light Logan had turned off started flickering again, and Matthew's eyes snapped up to the light. “Out,” he said firmly, and the light stopped flickering instantly, as did every single light in the restaurant. The place suddenly seemed even more dead than before and he got to his feet. “If it's a fight you want, you have the wrong guy. I don't exactly like fighting. It's not something that typically ends well for anyone involved.”

Out back, the oven next to Kitty flicked on, humming gently, and a voice, a young girl's, so quiet that even Kitty could only barely hear it with her enhanced senses whispered, “Look! Look! Someone else!” Another voice, a young boy's, answered, and it seemed to be coming from one of the radiators. “She's like us... but not. She's got furry ears! She's pretty...”
    “You've got a cru-ush! You've got a cru-ush!”
    the first voice teased, still so quiet that it was near-impossible to catch.
    “Shut up!” the other voice retorted, and the radiator gave a loud bang.

In the restaurant, the loud bang made Matthew spin on the spot. “Hey! Everything alright?!” His voice was that of a worried father, concerned and slightly scared. There was, for Logan and Tiberius, a silence.
    Then he turned to them again, somewhat calmer. “Apparently there's a catgirl in the back of the kitchen. Is she with you?”

The door behind Kitty locked of its own volition, and the voices whispered again.
    “Daddy wants to speak to her.”
    “Maybe she can play with us!”

“A lady after my own heart,” the man said calmly as he sat down.
    “I will get straight to the point. My name is Pawn. I work for an organisation that is functionally invested in the monitoring of beings... such as yourself and the AI within you. Yes,” he said before she could speak, “I am aware of Violet Sky. I know what she can do. I know what you can do. I know that if you so desired you could kill me without putting more than a smidgen of effort into it, but I also know you are astonishingly rational. You would not do something like that without being provoked. And I have no intention of doing that.”

He steepled his fingers. “My organisation, which for civilian purposes has the name of Castanet Bridges, is part of a much greater agency known as the Royal House. This agency is the bastion against the supernatural, the occult, the hyper-advanced and the bio-mechanical weapons that stand to be unleashed on the innocent. I would ask of you to very simply accept the minor position of unrestricted field agent. And if you're wondering what that entails, it would very simply be that you permit us to monitor you in the field, and use the findings to further our defensive and preventive research. There will be no orders, no responsibilities, no reports, nothing that would inhibit you. Of course, this is strictly optional.” The way he said that made it clear that out of the two possible choices, one was very much the better selection. “In exchange, you would have access to a vast variety of resources Castanet Bridges have at our disposal. How does the offer grab you?” he asked companionably, as if asking for a comment on the weather.

#13 MateusseDarkslight, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  14. RenNya Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Kitty fell backwards and crawled into the corner of the room. "O-okay... This is a first..." She folded her ears back and covered them with her hands. She could hear whispers, lights flickered on and off, machines were creating loud noises. She was scared. Very very scared. The door locked behind her. "C-crap..." With more banging and lights flickering, Kitty jumped up and ran out to the main room and hid under one of the tables. She didn't care who these guys were anymore, She was scared out of her mind and just wanted it to stop.

15. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Logan had a slightly confused look.
    "A...what? Catgirl? That's a new one to me."

Tiberius shook his head.
    "I'm afraid I don't know any such person."

Logan shrugged and turned to Dr. Odinson.
    "Getting back on topic...you're free to go, doc. It turns out I'm not that hungry after all."

Tiberius looked at him in surprise.
    "But, ah...I thought we could discuss how I was going to repay you over dinner."

Logan laughed and shook his head.
    "Come on, you still don't get it? I didn't save you because I wanted something out of it. I did it on a whim. Mostly because those three mouthbreathers needed to learn their place and I figured it'd be fun to teach it to them."
    He glanced at Matthew, then back to Tiberius.
    "I had a good time, so the rest of the details don't really matter to me. Now I've found something else that should keep me occupied for a while, so I really couldn't care less about how you're going to "pay me back" for something I didn't even do for you in the first place."

Tiberius let out a small sigh.
    "Well, then...at least let me give you my card. The idea of being indebted to someone never did sit well with me, so if you change your mind or think of something that you need, call me at any time."
    He handed Logan a card with his name and number on it.

Logan scoffed, looking disinterested in it, but he still put it in his pocket with every intention of keeping it around "just in case."

Tiberius looked back to Matthew, bowed slightly and took off his hat.
    "Farewell, Matthew. And to you, Logan."
    After saying his goodbyes, Tiberius put his hat back on and left the restaurant.

Just as Tiberius was leaving, Logan heard something scurry into the room and looked over to see what looked like someone hiding under a table. He then looked back to Matthew with a grin.
    "It looks like we've got some company. Is this that...catgirl thing you were talking about before? This just keeps getting better and better."
    He then turned his attention to the catgirl.
    "Hey you, under the table. I don't know about you, but I'm a little too old to be playing hide-and-seek. I think it's about time you showed yourself."
    He tapped his foot on the ground, sending a current through the floor that reached the table's legs, causing it to blow away violently and slam into a nearby wall. The young girl with catlike features who was hiding underneath it was now in plain view.

16. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Valencia thought about it for several moments.
    "Can you tell me what sort of assets your organization could offer me?"

17. Rouge_assassin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    OOT: Okay, bringing a couple people back since this is now a sandbox world! ^.^ but for now, we'll start with introducing this lovely businessman.

Name: Lucis Penton

Powers and abilities:
    Satanic incarnation http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Satanic_Incarnation
    Universal Force construct http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_Force_Constructs
    Contagion Embodiment http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Contagion_Embodiment

Armed with: good looks, a slight smile, his wits, and his huge enterprise of companies (Also, refer to the powers above :) )

Background info:

Lucis Penton? Yeah I've heard about him. He's a very successful businessman who tends to have a rather... unorthodox way of handling things within his many companies. But I have to say, they do get the results that every CEO dream of and desire from their employees. Of course if your constantly faced with being dropped into Burmese tiger pits for not meeting deadlines on a daily basis then yeah, you will meet deadlines in time.

I don't think there's been a company who's threatened Penton. At least not one thats survived anyways. He sort of takes hostile takeovers to a whole new level and in his company, it has a completely different meaning. Makes you wonder how they keep their government defense contracts, doesn't it?

But along with Penton's success, there's also all sorts of rumors flying around him. Some say that he has a evil side thats being masked by his company, Penton Enterprises. I can sort of see that, but the way he fires people sort of blows that illusion apart. Some think that he's a lunatic, but if you ask me he seems to have a level head most of the time. How can a crazy person create a company? Let alone a series of them, that are successful. Anyways, I've also heard that he's some kind of super villain that's involved, or at least used to be involved, in some super villain organization that was ran like the Italian mafia. That I can see since he's got that mobster boss vibe to him. Also dresses like one too, through not too sure about the red waistcoat and black shirts.

But the one bizarre thing that I keep hearing about the guy is that he has these... powers. you know, the ones that you'd think demons would have. Theres people who've come out of his company alive, not many, but a few have made it. Anyways according to them he's the incarnation of the devil himself: Lucifer.

In this world we live in, the notion about Mr. Penton having demonic powers really isn't that much of a stretch. But if I had to deal with a big boss like that day in and day out, I would call him the spawn of satan too.

18. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Matthew rushed over to the cat-girl protectively and crouched next to her, glaring at Logan.
    “HEY!” There was real anger in his voice, a hot blistering force that seemed to hint at a deep reservoir of emotional lava roiling within. Then he addressed the girl gently. “You ok?” he asked softly, checking her for injuries. “I'm Matthew. I'm a friend.”
    She looked homeless. Everything about her screamed “help me”. She was uninjured, so he helped her to a chair and sat her down. “Listen,” he said softly. “You're safe, ok? You're safe. I'll help you out. Don't worry. You have nothing to worry about, alright? You're ok.”

A voice sounded in Kitty's ear, sounding slightly worried.
    “Did... did we scare you?” a girl's voice asked.
    “We're sorry... we didn't mean to...” a boy's apologized. Logan was unable to hear either voice.

Matthew stood up, his eyes slightly narrowed at Logan. “So, is it a habit of yours to show off or are you just putting on a performance for the crowd today?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pawn raised an eyebrow. “Can you think of any service your life may be bettered from having?”

19. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Logan shook his head and sighed, not even trying to hide the annoyance in his voice or in his expression.
    "Oh, please. Spare me the self-righteous BS for a minute, would you? For one thing, I clearly didn't hurt the girl, did I? Not even a scratch. You wanted to know why she's here too, didn't you? I just took the quick and easy way to getting the answers we want by forcing her out of her little hiding place. I don't know about you but personally, I hate wasting time when it's completely unnecessary. It bores me to tears. So all I did was save us both a little trouble and now you're being all pissy about it."

He gave a bitter chuckle.
    "Being scared of your own shadow and hiding your head in the sand doesn't make all the bad stuff in the world go away, you know. The sooner she learns that little life lesson, the better off she'll be."
    He then sat down in a booth and put his legs up on the table in front of him.
    "But whatever, don't mind me. Go right ahead and keep on coddling her like a little kid. I couldn't care less either way because unlike you, I can't be bothered to waste my time and effort on something like that. I'll be over here whenever you get done with all of your touchy-feely stuff."
    With a blank, disinterested stare, he turned around and looked at the rainy outside world through the window next to his booth.

20. MateusseDarkslight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Matthew's eyes narrowed an inch further before straightening up. “She's just a kid. I don't know about you, but if I was alone and scared I'd want someone to let me know I was going to be alright.”

He left her at the table and leaned against the window next to Logan. “Also, I don't know a single thing about you. I don't know how your powers work – I don't even know your name. I don't take chances when kids are involved.” On that statement, he sounded more than definite, he sounded concrete. You could almost have physically touched the solid resolution in his tone.

He looked out of the window at the rain. “You seem bored. Spiritually bored. Like there's nothing left for you to do except whatever you want. Must be an empty life."