Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Exclusive: Your Name. English Dub Clip Shows Body-Switching

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Vladnyx, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Funimation shared an English dub clip for Makoto Shinkai's your name. film with ANN on Monday. The clip shows the Mitsuha's realization that she and Taki are switching places in real life, not in a dream. The clip will be available until the end of April.

Funimation also began streaming English dub clips earlier this week. Mitsuha and Taki narrate the first clip about the "day the star fell," while the second clip shows Taki waking up in Mitsuha's body.

Funimation will open the film in the United States and Canada on April 7, and tickets are available through Funimation's website. The company will host film screenings in both the original Japanese with English subtitles and an English dub. The film will run on more than 200 screens with English subtitles or dub in North America.

The English dub cast includes:
    Michael Sinterniklaas as Taki Tachibana
    Stephanie Sheh as Mitsuha Miyamizu
    Kyle Hebert as Katsuhiko Teshigawara
    Cassandra Morris as Sayaka Natori
    Ben Pronsky as Tsukasa Fujii
    Ray Chase as Shinta Takagi
    Catie Harvey as Yotsuha Miyamizu
    Scott Williams as Toshiki Miyamizu
    Michelle Ruff as Futaba Miyamizu
    Marc Diraison as Taki's Father
    H.D. Quinn as Teshigawara's Father
    Michelle Ruff as Teshigawara's Mother
    Katy Vaughn as Yukari Yukino
    Laura Post as Miki Okudera
    Glynis Ellis as Hitoha Miyamizu
    [​IMG]
    Funimation describes the film:
    The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki's body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint.

When a dazzling comet lights up the night's sky, it dawns on them. They want something more from this connection—a chance to meet, an opportunity to truly know each other. Tugging at the string of fate, they try to find a way to each other. But distance isn't the only thing keeping them apart. Is their bond strong enough to face the cruel irony of time? Or is their meeting nothing more than a wish upon the stars?

RADWIMPS created all-new English-language versions of the songs it created for the original film, and the new versions will be featured in the English-dubbed version of the film. Lead singer Yojiro Noda spent part of his childhood in the United States.

The film opened in Japan last August, and has become the fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, the second highest-grossing Japanese film, and the second highest-grossing anime film. As of January, the film had earned US$281 million worldwide and topped Spirited Away in its worldwide box office total. While Spirited Away is still the highest grossing anime film domestically, your name. is the highest-grossing anime film worldwide.

The film is slated to open in 92 countries and territories. The anime has already earned box-office achievements in South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Taiwan, in addition to Japan. The Los Angeles Film Critics Association awarded the film with its Best Animated Film award in December.​

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    My thoughts upon seeing this thread:
    "Oh let's see how this'll sound dubbed...... Damn it Funi, really? Why block the content from being shown in Aus? Fine then. I didn't really care in the first place. The sub will be much better than anything they try for the dub anyway."

So yeah. Great movie, no idea how the yanks are sounding yet considering the limitations.... I'll just watch it subbed when I watch it again, like I planned on doing in the first place.

3. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Bad

I only watched the second clip for spoilers, but it sounds like the characters aren't quite whispering, but not quite talking either.

No emotion in their voices whatsoever.

I'll watch it subbed as well.

4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I figured it'd be bad, don't we usually say all dubs are bad nowadays? Anyway I think watching a clip for spoilers is a stupid idea. I didn't know the specifics about this movie until I had watched it so I was caught off guard and really enjoyed it. Mind you I watched a lower quality version when it was first uploaded because I couldn't wait, so I feel I have to watch a higher quality version just for the stunning visuals alone. I believe that there is already a 1080 version released.

Although one thing I liked about the idea of the dub was that Radwimps translated all their songs into english and reperformed them for it. Of course I like the Japanese version since I can't understand the cheesy lines and can just get lost in the feeling of the song.

5. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I watched only one clip to avoid spoilers as much as possible (there is nothing in the second clip besides talks of a shooting star).