Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

ef - a tale of memories/melodies

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Nonononoki, May 9, 2013.

1. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    So - what do you think of this anime series? ;D

2. BennyDragonheart Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Never heard of it.

3. Yasachii Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only got through the first season and then I started on the second and got distracted, so I can only speak for memories.

I personally thought that this anime was very interesting. I was the most interested in Chihiro's arc in the story. Chihiro's arc amazed me the most because of her memory lapse and the way that that Renji always stayed with her no matter how hard that it became. It was an interesting arc that not only was happy but was also immensely sad. I could never imagine being forgotten after a 13 hour time span and being barely remembered due to the writing in a diary.

4. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i almost cried, on both, i think i did for memories

5. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whenever i want to feel really good about romance i just think of this scene. I don't think i'll ever get over it's epicness nor will i ever watch anything that'll top it. For that reason ef - a tale of memories will always have a place in my heart and on my anime list.

6. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    It certainly was a treat watching this, but after playing the VN (up until Chihiro's arc, whereupon I got distracted and somehow all my savedata magically up and vanished), there were a few things that bugged me.

1. They sort of added to Miyako's past as to why her parents divorced, when in the VN, they never said why.

2. In Memories, they never really went in depth with Kei and Kyosuke's relationship in which they had in the VN

I still haven't played the other two arcs, which are the ones with Renji and Chihiro and Mizuki and Shuichi

As with the voice acting, the only one I had a bit of an issue with was Yuko's. In the subbed version, she sounded nice and calming, but in the dub, she sounded a bit darker.