Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

DTR Manga discussion: Feng Shen Ji

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by KarmaDelta, May 10, 2013.

1. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone read this?
    This is a magnificent Manhua in my opinion.

Link:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/feng_shen_ji/

It's on it's second volcume, hence the cover.
    The second kicked off to a good start as well, and this is updated pretty much weekly, which is awesome.

Meta: I"m just going to make this the thread for the club discussion. The only rules for discussion are please don't spoil anything past where the club is at. So for the first week don't discuss anything past chapter 4.

2. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Giving this a bump.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    why is no one posting? I guess I can try giving this a jump start.

Chapters 1-6 are really interesting so far.
    The father definately has some balls
    Father: You want me to kill and enslave people so that we can mind stuff for you?
    Messanger: Yes
    Father: screw you I'm just going to declare war on you and try to kill you all
    Messanger: You are so dead

Although he really should have prepared better. I mean not a single one of his men could even hurt a god and it became a fight with him and his brother against all the gods. It's been established that there are others with the smelting aura ability so why not find at least a couple more of them. Even if that god has only seen 3 there could be more or at least more people capable of learning it. I mean if your going to start a war at least prepare for it better. I mean sure his son has the blood of a god and is the main character so we know what that probably means. But even if he stood no chance even with preperation (And knew this) maybe they could have taken out a few gods before hand. Maybe make his son's battles a little easier by cutting out a few enemies?

It just feels like either he didn't honestly even try because he knew it was fate for him ro fall or the writer just wanted to kill off the father quickly so that the plot could focus on the main character faster. But still it was interesting. The end of chapter 6 was hilarious.

4. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I took it as it was his fate.
    He knew that when the messenger came, it was either do or die, so he ended up choosing die. This sets things into motion, since his wife knew this would happen, and he did it anyways. I think he wanted to make more of a statement that if people rebelled, that there is always a chance to turn the impossible, and make it possible. With the help of the armor that his family owned, he was able to stand toe to toe with at least some of the gods.
    I do agree he could have prepared for this, but he probably thought it was inevitable for him to lose, since Tian would come down as soon as Zhou used the Immortal Phoenix. The death of Zhou is something that I think was necessary, even if it was only 6 chapters in.

I like this manhua simply because it does different things and includes things about gods and the power they hold on the mortal plain. Also, it's just amazing. When you read further, it's like you have to read it all. Trust me, I am sure future chapters will be highly enjoyable.

5. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I took it as it was his fate.
    He knew that when the messenger came, it was either do or die, so he ended up choosing die. This sets things into motion, since his wife knew this would happen, and he did it anyways. I think he wanted to make more of a statement that if people rebelled, that there is always a chance to turn the impossible, and make it possible. With the help of the armor that his family owned, he was able to stand toe to toe with at least some of the gods.
    I do agree he could have prepared for this, but he probably thought it was inevitable for him to lose, since Tian would come down as soon as Zhou used the Immortal Phoenix. The death of Zhou is something that I think was necessary, even if it was only 6 chapters in.

I like this manhua simply because it does different things and includes things about gods and the power they hold on the mortal plain. Also, it’s just amazing. When you read further, it’s like you have to read it all. Trust me, I am sure future chapters will be highly enjoyable.

Still feels like he could have done a lot better with just a little more preperation. Like maybe finish killing that one god of Plague. He was going to deal the finishing blow but got cut off by the red guy. If he had a few people guarding his back he could have finished that guy off and killed at least one god. Wouldn't that have made his "Statement" even stronger? Showing not only can you defy the gods but that they can be killed even by a mortal. It makes sense that he had to die in the end but he died without really hurting the enemy. He wounded one badly and fought toe to toe with others but that was about it. So I just would have liked to see him putting up a better fight and doing some actual damage to the enemy.

6. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The reason I have not been discussing lately is because I have been really busy so I have not had time read any manga as of late I am on chapter 3 of this and 3 of superior.

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The reason I have not been discussing lately is because I have been really busy so I have not had time read any manga as of late I am on chapter 3 of this and 3 of superior.

Fair enough I have had stuff lately to which is why I was slow on jump starting this.

BTW one thing I'm curious about is if these guys are truely "Gods". Meaning do they truely represent gods within their universe or did they just give themselves that title? There have been other times in manga and anime where a character or group had the title of gods (Or even demons) yet it was more of a self appointed title than anything else. If they are killable it seems to imply that they are not true gods and something that is truly a god should be truly immortal and not killable or at least needing more than a beat down to get killed.

For example going back to the plague god the Emperor was about to kill him and hadn't really done anything special. He was just really strong meaning anyone could kill a god if they could just gain enough physical strength somehow. That seems to imply they are more super human than actual gods. But it's also possible that is how the writer chose to write them since truely all powerful gods would be an unrealistic antagonist to beat.

8. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I think that they where given the title of gods by the people. but that is just my opinion.

9. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Zhou, I think, wanted to make just the simple statement of you can fight toe to toe with the gods, nothing more. And trust me, when I say this, once the red god came out, he REALLY came out. When you read further on, like into Feng Shen Ji II, you will understand a bit more about him and how bat shit strong he is.

And I do think they are gods who gave themselves titles as such. Simply because, as you saw, Zhou's mortal men just sat there and watched, unable to do something. Ever heard of the rule/thing that only a god could kill a god? Well, that fits this situation a bit, but a little more. As you saw, the smelting aura has an effect on gods as well, since it's really hard to master, and even us. Smelting aura is pretty much a power that can do damage to gods, but you REALLY need to be on that level to even kill a god. Again, later on in Feng Shen Ji II, you'll learn a bit more about the smelting aura and how it is learned. Hell, you get a bit more info in the next chapter's arc.

10. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The gods are a separate race (though their difference is more like being kryptonian than divine beings). It's really a case of human soldiers being completely useless against gods. And the masters of smelting aura are really quite rare. The fact that the brother has it is more of a "this family seems almost supernaturally lucky in terms of power" than a case of everyone having it. That and the gods really have an almost inquisition level of power over these people. People really think of them as gods, and it takes a man actually doing rather well for the common people to even consider the fact that they can be beaten. So masters of the smelting aura aren't exactly jumping up yelling for the tyranny to end because it seems like a natural one (gods know what you do, have ultimate power to crush you, and are divine, how can you fight that?) while the gods also try to win the smelting aura masters (the only humans who even stand a chance) who can fight them to their side. Yes the king's actions basically leads to "the foolish king" being repeated over and over again within the series as his moniker, but he's ultimately more a man who proves you can even conceive of fighting back. So it is his fate, but it's actually a rather positive fate. He's the "strike me down, but return more powerful than you can even imagine" character. Actually smelting aura is sorta like the force.... I wonder if that is a Hero with a Thousand Faces trope.
    Huh, actually a lot of adventure manga start like that one coming to mind readily is one piece. Haki being the force equivalent.
    This is Shogun going on random tangents about tropes, massively derailing threads since 2007, good night.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    So is anyone still reading the latest chapters? I'm loving this series still and and glad someone on here pointed me to it. But while these Phantom island guys are cool they kinda feel like they are just here to give us something do watch and accidentally help Ah Gou get stronger before the gods return. Meaning they just don't really feel like true villains just stepping stones to the realones.