Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Notice DTR Groups and Chat

Discussion in 'Information & Updates' started by Sporadic, May 6, 2014.

1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    With our site remodeling coming up in June we want to ask the community their opinion on a few things over the course of the next month. Right now we need to know everyone's opinion on groups and the chatbox.

Which group management method is best? The way DTR is currently managing the groups? Or how JustDubs managed them in the SOS Brigade forum section? Vote below. We would love to hear your opinions.

[yop_poll id="32"]

Which Chatbox is better? The current arrow chat or chatango? Vote below. We would love to hear your opinions.

[yop_poll id="33"]

2. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    The current DTR system for groups is better imo as it gives a lot more control to group leaders and allows for activities to be run more easily.

3. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    There's a chat plugin I have for xF that may work for the forum. I'll test it if you'd like.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    There’s a chat plugin I have for xF that may work for the forum. I’ll test it if you’d like.

I'm kind of leaning towards chatango as it is. I'm just giving Jay the satisfaction of making a vote instead of directly switching from arrowchat; since he likes arrow so much.

The votes so far seem in favor of the DTR styled groups as well. And I agree with that for the most part. The current system does have a lot more customization. We can get a similar plugin for the groups when we move to the new site.

@Hikikomori does xF have a similar plugin for groups?

5. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori does xF have a similar plugin for groups?

@Sporadic yes it does (^^) It's called Social Groups and I was planning on testing it today. It should have a lot of what the current group forum structure has now.

6. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I agree with the other pretty much. I like the DTR group style as it give me as a group admin a lot of control and options. The group chat while very customizable, would probably benefit being in a more "standard" format. I would like the ability to subscribe to the group activity feed though. Hopefully something of the sort would maintain interest in the group for people to keep coming back. Group emails and tagging work pretty well normally, but in the case of the VG Club, we have different sections of people (steam/PS3/Xbox) and a large population (many seem to loose emails in spam folders anyways). Look at me blabbering on.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Tagging people in posts. That's one thing I would like to see carried over.

8. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @Sporadic if by tagging you're referring to the @ system, that is natively supported by xF. You'll also get a notification when someone quotes you.

9. Walshy Born To Rage

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    voted.

10. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    if by tagging you’re referring to the @ system

Yeah, tagging. At least that's how everyone been referring to it for the last year.

11. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hikikomori wrote:
    if by tagging you’re referring to the @ system

Yeah, tagging. At least that’s how everyone been referring to it for the last year.

I see. I don't really keep up with social media terms as much as I should.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Removed the guest votes and switched the options to registered accounts only. Apparently by default its set at registered and guests instead of just registered. Although the overall tally on the poll hasn't reset.

13. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ArrowChat was so awesome. I noticed that the scrollbar changed and loved the change, plus I hate Chatango. Every anime streaming site uses Chatango and it gets so annoying that I've actually started blocking every possible chatango subdomain I come across. I've never heard of ArrowChat, but when I checked out the source-code when I saw an improvement to the theme's style, I already liked what it added to the site, including a sleek, rounded tab look. It made the site look so much better.

In fact, I was actually disappointed to see the site reverted to the older style.

14. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    @vashnik

Thanks I designed the scrollbar you mentioned. I'm glad you liked my Default+ theme. I switched back the theme to default but all members can choose to have the Default+ theme or the Dark theme on DTR and DT by going here

and choose which theme you want.