Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dreams and possible meaning

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Vapen, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Vapen Probably Asleep

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I know there is another thread talking about anime related dreams, but I thought I'd do one about any other dreams.
    Mostly because I had this dream that I feel wouldn't of happened, at least half of it if I didn't come back to the forums.

Dream started out in a room I shared with my brother like 10 years ago. Instead of me and my brother, I was playing games and making youtube videos with a couple of youtubers. As it continues, I get a phone call from a member of the forum asking if I was still interested and doing a meetup with JD people and to go on and get a code for something. It was also from a member I'm not sure I had much interaction with, but it was weird that this girl was the one that was mentioned in the dream, Not sure I really wanna reveal who it was.

I kinda wanted to get other peoples thoughts about this and if anyone wanted to share any of there dreams and see if there is a hidden meaning with in.
    I will also say that the same day after the dream a friend came over and did a tarot card reading. For the most part it was about needing to do more for myself and deserve more, earning more money, moving forward, traveling, an older woman or a woman I knew awhile ago (Could have either meaning to it at this point). There was another part to it, but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

2. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    In my latest dream I was President Obama. I boarded a train to some place where one of the monsters from Soma was trying to kill me. So I hid in this bathroom and there was some lady (probably a Republican) trying to tell the monster where I was hiding. But the monster didn't listen to her and just went off to search for me elsewhere. So I took the opportunity to escape to London where I sang on top of the parliament building with Beyoncé.

Not sure what hidden meaning you might derive from that.

3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I just got done with this semester's psychology class, and learned that dreams tend to be nonsensical because the part of the brain that would regulate emotions and be logical is off duty, so to speak.

@BaconMan8910 , I think it is safe to say that your regulator is off duty. I cannot think of any meaning for that one (or any dreams, for that matter).

And than you have the part that dreams replay the day or an instance, or are based off of instances. @Vapen ,I am guessing that the female member may have said something of interest, either recently or a while back, and your subconcious focused on that. I would say that dream was based off of things you remembered. Little or no nonsense in that dream, as far as I can tell.

4. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... My dreams aren't random. I control them. Have any of you heard of lucid dreaming?

I've heard it's more likely in light sleepers and I sleep very light. I am always aware of when I'm in a dream.

It's good and bad. It's harder for me to go to sleep but I don't have bad dreams.

5. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I just always dream of rainbows and unicorns :p

6. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    One of my dreams I thought was kind of cool.

I was at my old primary school and there was this weird door. All teachers told all the students not to go through it. Anyway, I got curious and asked some friends if they wanted to come through with me. They said no so I was going through it on my own. My friends followed me soon after anyway. there was a lot of stairways and stuff. We got to the end of one set of stairs and there was this weird creature looking thing that attack us. I threw it my lunch and it was happy. That was weird... Anyway we went though another door... All of a sudden we were in the olden days... My friends and I observed this and then continued walking along the stair way. we found yet another door that lead us to another era... This time I was a little girl helping some strange people that claimed to be my parents, build a railway. By the look of the clothes, we must have been extremely poor. I looked up into the sky and saw all these doors with stairs coming from them. each door seem to represent a different time era. you would either be part of the era or just be an invisible person, almost like a ghost watching the era.

It's hard to explain it in words but it felt real and it was amazing. I even considered making that into a story.

7. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that it was ever "on-duty."

I've had lucid dreams. But I can't remember the last time that I had one. I remember some dreams that I had no control over, realized that I was dreaming, and was then able to assert control over them. I believe that also counts as a lucid dream.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I used to have a recurring dream as a child about my computer sucking me into it's monitor and transporting me in the middle of a dark forest like in Slenderman (and this was before Slenderman mind you).

Then a tree that looked like the tree from the Kirby series would suck me in where I would always wake up.

This recurring dream ended when once again I was sucked into the computer monitor. My thoughts were "No not again!" However I found a way out of the forest! I found the Lucky Charms leperchan guy on a bright sunny field and he told me I found his treasure. As a thank you I would never have bad dreams again.

He was right, I never did have a nightmare like that again.

True story, who wants to interpret this? :p

9. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think we might be doing the same drugs.

10. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    To this day I have no idea what this means. I can understand the computer fear thing, as a child I was terrified of the BSOD from windows 95. I can understand the evil tree because I played the living daylights out of Kirby Adventure NES and the first boss always stuck with me. I can even understand the leprechaun guy because those commercials played non stop on Cartoon Network.

BUT WHY IS HE IN MY DREAM TELLING ME IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY?

What's worse is that anytime I get to that point in a dream where "hey hold on, I'm dreaming aren't I?"
    The thoughts of the leprechaun guy telling me it's only a dream snaps me awake. Needless to say sometimes I wish he did shut up at certain moments.

Pretty funny huh? Any dream doctor wanna explain this one to me? o_O

11. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    If I were you, I would trust Lucky's words of reassurance.

Recently, at least a few times on the past few months, I have been having dreams of beating the Hell out of someone. It would come to the point that I was ready to finish them off by gun or blade. These people have committed some sort of unknown atrocity, and should have been killed. But before I can finish the person, I see the damage I have done, and I am unable to kill the person. I do not think that I can control my dreams lucidly, but maybe I can control them by emotion.

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Not a nightmare but I've been getting some religious theme ones lately. It's the kind that makes you feel uncomfortable and wake up wondering all kinds of questions.

Needless to say I tried to be on my best behavior the following day. Sign of the times I tell you.

Raise your hand if you got the famous "I'm in my underwear and speaking in front of people" dream

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy

Raising my hand. (Sort of.)
    Actually, when I was in elementary school, I had a dream that I was equipped with wearing a waist-length coat, and that was it. Absolutely it. In the school hallway.