Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Dragon Ball Super Film's Teaser Trailer, Global Release Plans Revealed

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Teknoman X, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Staff teases enemy who 'might' be a Saiyan
    Bandai Namco Entertainment America debuted a trailer for the upcoming 20th Dragon Ball film, tentatively titled Dragon Ball Super, during a mobile game livestream presentation on Tuesday. The film's producer Norihiro Hayashida also said in the presentation that the staff is aiming for a global release on December 14, the day it will open in Japan.

Hayashida said in the presentation that the staff spent over a year on the new design for Goku, and noted that its been over two decades since Goku has had such a redesign. Shueisha's Dragon Ball unit director Akio Iyoku teased that the opponent with the green aura, who appears briefly in the video, "might" be a Saiyan.

Finally, Iyoku noted that the film will collaborate with the Dragon Ball Legends game.

[​IMG] Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama is writing the script and designing the characters. Tatsuya Nagamine (One Piece Film Z) is directing the film, Naohiro Shintani is serving as animation director, and Kazuo Ogura is serving as art director.

Toriyama previously commented on the film:

This Dragon Ball Super film is the next story after the currently airing television anime. The story takes place after the climax of the Tournament of Power, where the fate of the universe was at stake, and the short rest that follows. It will give a few previously unwritten details about the Saiyans and Frieza, as well as a long-awaited strong opponent to overcome, and I think it will be an enjoyable story!
    From 2013's Battle of Gods and the last film Resurrection 'F' to the current film, I've been carefully writing, and I've had the pleasure of drawing lots of designs and the like. I'm actually as busy as ever, but while I don't have to serialize anything I have time to think about the anime, which used to be out of my hands. (laughs) So please look forward to it!

Twitter link: https://twitter.com/_/status/976155517125971968

By the way, the television anime is over for now, but Toyotarō's popular manga (five volumes out now!) is continuing. I think it will have different developments from the television anime and film, so please look forward to it. I certainly will!

The film will star Masako Nozawa as Goku.

Dragon Ball Super premiered in Japan in July 2015 on Fuji TV and other channels. A new GeGeGe no Kitarō anime will take its timeslot starting on April 1. Toriyama confirmed in his comments that the show is ending "for now."

The FunimationNow, Crunchyroll, and AnimeLab streaming platforms are all streaming the series with English subtitles, as episodes air in Japan. Funimation's English dub of the anime premiered on Adult Swim's Toonami block on January 7, 2017. Funimation posted the first 39 dubbed episodes to its streaming service in December, and will launch additional 13-episode batches two weeks after the final episode of the batch airs on Toonami.