Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Do You Prefer To Binge Watch Your Anime Or Watch A New Episode Each Week?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Vladnyx, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    As always to pass the time at work I got chatting with my friend about anime and I asked him this question.
    Do you prefer to binge watch or watch weekly episodes? Me personally I enjoy watching weekly as it's a built routine for me and I constantly have something to look forward to each week. And for whatever the reason if I binge watch I can't seem to recall multiple shows I watched or certain events as it all kinda mashes together. As for my friend he is the opposite of me wanting to not wait for something to finish airing. That and each week trying to remember to watch or catch each new episode to something he said proved difficult for him.

But yeah anyway back to the question. Which do you all prefer or don't you have a preference. Awfully curious to see how our community prefers to tackle watching anime.​

2. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Binge watch. Problems with watching weekly are I don't want to wait three months to see how the show ends and 1 bad episode makes me lose interest a lot more if I have to wait a week for the next one. Bad shows are really hard to watch weekly for me, recently I couldn't wait for Orange and ReLife to end as they dragged on super slowly. If I could have binge watched them instead I would probably have a much better opinion of those shows. Binge watching also helps me remember what happened in the last episode easier than trying to remember a week later.

The only show I prefer to watch somewhat weekly is Fairy Tail because the dub typically releases 12 episodes at a time every 3 to 4 months so I try to limit myself to only watching 2 or 3 episodes in a week so it lasts me longer and makes the wait for more easier. Now their going to simuldub Fairy Tail from now on so I'll be able to watch it every week once the new season starts.

Having said all that I do still watch shows weekly as I'm really impatient and I can't go from now until April when the upcoming dub shows start to end with nothing to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Binge watch.

I hate waiting for content. Buut, I hate waiting for more pieces to the story I already have even more.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i tend to binge watch the anime ill be watching. i no longer have the liberty of time so i watch as much as i can whenever i am.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AngeloDaniele Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... I have to agree with the binge watching committee.
    In my case having to wait a week for each new episode to come out would just lead to forgetting what happened in the previous episodes before the series even finishes, so binge watching is a much better fit for me.

Also as an office worker I have to focus on the weekdays so being left with a cliffhanger from a series I'm watching would just distract me past the threshold of still being considered productive, It's hard enough with me only keeping up with complete series releases but episode releases would just turn me into a truant. (and no I wouldn't quit anime I would quit work because I want the amusement more than I want the money). But of course work is something that most of us just have to do.

@Vladnyx you have people at work you can talk to about anime at work!? I think that sounds really nice.
    I'm just glad that I have this site otherwise talking about anime would be next to Impossible for me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @AngeloDaniele I can consider myself lucky where I work. I was honestly about ready to quit due to the work center I was in. The work was tiresome and I just didn't like it. If you want to know more about it I can PM you all about it. Just rather not bore you with the story if I don't need to :D.

Anyway to make it short I placed a new job bid in hopes of getting relocated and I was successful. Since then Iv'e made a great friend and we discuss games, movies, anime, really almost anything while we build parts and work. Work is so much more tolerable when you have at least one friend. Also, I agree with you. Can't imagine what I'd do without this site and all of you who make this forum as great as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I only binge watch if there are a lot of episodes, like say: Bleach. But not if there are less than twenty episodes. But most of the time, since I'm home a lot, I can pace myself, between fishing and shooting guns with neighbors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I binge watch, I can't stand waiting a week for one episode. Now there are a few exceptions from time to time where I watch something when I'm really hyped for it as soon as it comes out. I sometimes just watch it half subbed and half dubbed (for those anime that are getting dubbed in the progress of releasing at the same time) or I sometimes wait the extra 3 months for it to be fully dubbed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I do both as I honestly don't mind waiting until the next episode airs when it comes to the newer stuff as it gives me something to always look forward to each day or week so I can be patient.
    When it comes to older anime or anime that already aired and are completely finished that's when I will just binge watch as many episodes as I can until I get tired since most of my anime watching is done late at night.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Win3030 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Binge!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Looks like binge watching is dominating. Adding more weight to the binge watching crowd.
    I'll go further and say I never watch something that is still airing and sometimes wouldn't even watch something that has a sequel in the works. Reason being that If I completely finish the first series and loved it, I'll hate to wait on the sequel.

Exception to video games.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm probably one of those awkward's who's not entirely a Binge or one episode a week.

I don't think there's an anime I haven't watch more than one episode of in a week, or day for that matter. I usually watch 2-5 episodes a day, as it's normally too interesting to watch 1 episode.
    However I can't usually watch a whole anime series, cause the emotional journey is just too much (I need to recharge cause my emotional energy doesn't run high to begin with). I can rewatch a whole anime series but nothing new.

I think this is also heavily dependent on the anime itself. (if it's good I can watch lots of it, if not I watch less at a time).

• Like Like x 1
  13. bewbdestroya I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, name's Henrik, completely new to this forum and thought maybe I could check it out, however I couldn't find any good introduction page. Just to keep it quick, my favorite anime are love live (as you can probably tell by my avatar lol) and hajime no ippo. Yeah. I know mixed taste. I also love Vocaloid a lot.

To get back at the question, it really depends on the anime you're watching. Some of them just have to binge, like I did with hajime no ippo. But anime with 12 episodes you can easily watch one episode a week. Then again, when it's love live I cannot wait to just watch them right away XD

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I don't have patients, to watch one every week nor can I stand downloading one at a time. So I like to binge watch them all when I can. Keeps the story going for mii.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    @bewbdestroya if your still looking for a good introduction page click on this embed link New Members Post Here. You can reintroduce yourself here if you like and if not that's fine. Hope your enjoying your time here.

Also to @KnowMeFrom, @Ddos_Dragon, @Noobs, @AngeloDaniele, @Teknoman X, @Dylanar, @TheRailgunSpark, @Win3030, @Doomguy, @Dave The Barbarian, & @Kaede am I really the only one among us who like religiously watches anime by newly released episodes? I'm beginning to feel weird by the overwhelming binge watchers :p. Well even if I am the odd one out I'm glad you took the time to drop in and share your watch preference. This thread got more attention than I otherwise thought it would so really thank you everyone.​

16. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Don't fell weird. I'd join but no patience . But it is more fun watching single episodes with people. Suffer and laugh together. I think @Supernatural-Knight watches them weekly.

17. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    For me, it really depends on the anime I'm watching, e.g. I love GTO and when I started watching it, I would watch about 6-7 episodes at night after getting off of work, but some anime I like l also choose to watch one episode at a time to make sure I fully absorb each episode, even if it means having to rewatch it once, especially for more psychologically complex anime such as DeathNote or Puella Magicka Madoka.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Damn well said, it is much more fun to discuss episodes watch weekly. And of course you are correct, I watch a bunch weekly because who can wait until they are done? Screw risking spoilers. But if an anime is complete then I watch it however I want. Maybe it is amazing and I have to keep going, like Shiki I finished the last 14 eps in one day because holy shit. Other I find hard to watch continuously and break up with other series [like Prince of Tennis, that was tough]. Then there are different cases like School Days where I hated everything about that shitfest, yet somehow I watch the whole thing in a single day.
    Basically it is circumstantial, depends on what it is and what I feel like doing.

But weekly releases are awesome for new shows. Watching Another while airing made me appreciate it more, waiting a week to see what happened after the teacher pulled the knife.... But then I also hated waiting for the next episode of Haikyuu 3, so good I just had to have the next episode but couldn't.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I do the same for other types of media too. I can blast by a book in a day but then go through long stretches of not doing anything.

• Like Like x 1
  20. --The-Rose-- Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I prefer to watch a handful of episodes at a time, because after just one episode I know i'm ready for more. If I watch weekly i'll always have to wait to watch 225 minutes of anime episode per week. I'm watching DBZ Super on Toonami right now, it's the only series I'm watching weekly