Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Devil May Cry (DMC) not DmC

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Kaede, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played the game to Devil May Cry but I have watched the cut scenes and Anime instead. I was a bit disappointed not seeing Vergil in the Anime and I was wondering... do you believe they should make an Anime based of DMC 3 with Vergil?

I personally think it would make a hit if they make an Anime series based off DMC 3 with Vergil in it.

Still keeping to the story line of DMC 3 though.
    untitled.png

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    No Vergil in Devil May Cry? And I was wanting to watch that one because of the contrast Dante and Vergil have. As long as another anime of DMC adheres to the story and has Vergil, I am for it.
    I have not played the real DMC games, only the newest one that really changes the story, since it is a remake or reboot, something like that.

3. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly what I said. I watched the Anime and nearly cried (Not literally) that it had no Vergil. My guess is the Anime takes place after everything. A friend of mine actually introduced the cut scenes to me though. My friend also refuses to acknowledge the new DmC... but if she has to, she refers to Dante as Donte because she hates it so much.
    In my opinion, The Anime isn't as good as the cut scenes of the original DMC that I have watched ...but it is still pretty good.

So if you wish to watch scenes with Vergil, you can download the full cut scenes of DMC 3 on YouTube.

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think I will wait until I buy the games to watch the cut scenes. I really liked DmC's combat system, having to switch weapons to get a higher combat score. In general, I may not be too good at the game, but I managed to get a lot of SSS scores for combat style. Makes this amateur feel like a pro. Anyway, I hope to try the original ones.
    Also, I can see why your friend called Dante 'Donte.' They (game developers of DmC) made him seem like a loose and immoral person, as far as I know.

5. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    An issue I could see with an anime series based on DMC3 is that the pacing would be crap, unless you severely edited/added things to it. A good chunk of the game is, for lack of a better term, hacking your way through rooms of enemies, with the occasional puzzle thrown in. While cool as a game, that would not translate well into non-interactive media (movies, anime, TV shows). On top of this, if you cut all/most of that out, you'd be left with boss fights. While they are cool in terms of gameplay, they wouldn't be substantial enough to be anything more than an unsubstantial series or a poorly paced film.
    It's kind of why most, if not all, cases of games into movies/TV shows generally don't do well, because too much of what makes the games good is the gameplay.

6. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I suppose you are right... it does still make people a bit let down when they do cut or add stuff to make the movie/series so called "better" though.

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    @staff, thread belonging to Video games section?

8. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    I was kind of hesitant as to where to post this... Since it was originally a Video game but the question is anime related... So I posted it here.

9. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think that this belongs here just fine, it does not feel like it would fit quite right in the VG section.

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I think it's probably fine. There's a Devil May Cry anime, so it kind of fits to be discussing it and a possible sequel/reboot based on one of the games in this forum.

11. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I don't see a problem with it. Like BaconMan said there's a Devil May Cry anime, so it kind of falls into the discussion since i'm sure elements from the game were taking into consideration when doing the anime. This could be said for other games that were later adapted into a anime such as God Eater even. It's worth discussing if you ask me.

12. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
  13. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Exactly.

14. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I'm just going to say this for the sake of saying this, but only Admins can properly use the group Staff mention. I'm purposefully not placing an @ before staff since I can use it.

15. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The question directly related to anime. It is fine here, also..

Writing a script for an anime based on Vergil and Dante (Pre-Reboot or post reboot) you'll either deal with social justice warrior or Apathetic. Neither which of the qualities make for a great anime character. I can imagine Vergil being a tsundere. "n-no I didn't want to kill those demons Senpai... Baka".

Idk maybe I'm being too harsh but I prefer for his story to be told while I'm cutting through hell.

16. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    I have been summoned to a Devil May Cry thread? Wonderful!....
    [​IMG]
    I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan I played the first one when I was kid when it first came out. Skip to now I've played them all even the reboot, I see nothing wrong with it but I did like the laid back Dante a lot more than the gothic one. (my guess is they tired to make Dante like that because he is a demon after all maybe later he will slowly change since his mom is an angel?)
    I'd have to say you must play the game to get more out it than just watching the cut scenes. lol The anime was great in my opinion mainly because it was before the events of DMC 4 and you get to see more character development and how they interact with each other more than just fighting.
    I would not like to have DMC 3 be made but the original DMC that was pure gold and has the potential to be an anime there is plenty of materials for it.
    Like.
    Dante fully turning into a demon (a form taken after his father Sparda!) no other DMC ever did this since and then you could summon his familiars, blast flames, freaken fly! etc. Not to mention the story of him meeting a women that looks like his Mother whom he truly cared about and the twist at the end which makes him turn into a demon that I mentioned before! I want to see an anime of that so badly but also the fact that after his kills a boss they see his father Sparda again no other DMC title does this. The game makes you feel op, I can go on and on like the weapons too come on being stab by a lighting sword how cool would be to see that animated. haha
    One more thing Vergil is in the first DMC so that's a plus for you!
    Thanks @Kiri and @BaconMan8910 you still tag the staff some how and I was linked here.

#16 Crazy Potato, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I was gonna say, it's fine for this thread to be here. Everyone is discussing the anime based on the video game.

18. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Haha... Alrighty cool...

It was an interesting question really. and I wanted to see what other people thought about it... Vergil is my favourite character and all... I do like the anime of Devil May Cry... I just only wished that Vergil was in it or they could make another series with him in it.